Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Should I buy this book at the given price?

No, look elsewhere for it at a lower price...
6%
Yes, go ahead and buy it...it's a good deal...
88%
Don't buy it and save your money for a better book...
6%

Total votes : 17

Elvis: The Concert Years 1969-1977 (Skar & Granlund)???

Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:11 am

I'm considering finally buying this book, which is considered by many sites as one of the definitive overviews of the concert years 1969-1977.

The problem is the money: it's rather expensive (71 euro or 84,2 USD or 50,36 BP)...

I would like to know from you that have bought it: is this price normal and should I go ahead or should I look elsewhere for it to find it at a lower price? And where should I look then? Do the authors have contact adresses/e-mail?

It's strange, but I have more difficulty shelling out for cd's than for books... I don't know why that is; usually it seems to me I get more bang for the buck when I buy cd's. That's probably not even true, but it's just an irrational thing with me :oops:

How would you rate this book compared to similar books with the concert years subject?

Thanks so much for taking the time in answering some of these questions.

Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:57 am

Yes, the book is expensive ......... AND ............. yes, it is worth it. That's about the usual price. Highly recommended.

N8
...just a fan....

Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:42 am

Yes -- the price is not unfair as the book is on glossy paper, the content impeccable and almost every image is in full color.

The author credit is Stein Eric Skar, by the way.

Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:10 pm

Fantastic book on Elvis in Concert in the 70's, buy it. A must have...

The Concert Years by Stein Erik Skar

Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:18 pm

This book is definetely a MUST!

Fantastic pictures in excellent quality, both content and paper.
The book is also loaded with reviews and commentaries on EVERY tour and season from 69 to 77.

Buy it! You won't regret it!

Br
Kristian
Last edited by Kristian Hjelmaas on Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:41 pm

You've just GOTTA HAVE IT :D

At first it's a lot of money, but once you have it you'll find out that it's worth any euro. Listening to concerts will be much more vivid, because now you can read what happened before and during that particular tour. Most of times there's a picture of that show of even a concert review from a local newspaper...

I use this book a lot while listening to concerts...

Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:10 pm

Thanks to all for giving me advice - it seems this book will be worth it, and I will go ahead and buy it. Once I have it, I will give my opinion here. :D

And yes, the prospect of listening to several live concerts, and at the same time reading about that concert and/or the tour in which it was performed is what initially attracted me to buy this book...

Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:28 pm

James -
You will absolutely love this book! It will spend very little time on your shelf - it's that good. But be forwarned: the chapters that deal with 76-77 do make for some sad reading & viewing. :cry:

Wed Jun 18, 2003 5:38 pm

Everbody interrested in the concert book can send an E-mail to the norvegian Elvis fanclub and buy it.Here is the E-mailadress:elvisno1@online.no
Good service,hurry up they are going on vacation soon. :D

Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:13 pm

Yes, you should buy it. Lots of info and good quality pictures most in color.

Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:16 pm

And there's a good rundown on the content under "Book Reviews" click on the link at the left of the screen.

Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:23 pm

I've ordered my copy today. That's what I love about this message board: any question you have gets answered quickly, not just by one but by several experts... :D