Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Help needed on authenticity and price of a concert ticket

Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:08 am

Can anyone tell me is this concert ticket for 21 August 1977 for real. What would be the value if it is? Thanks.

http://194.251.244.158/auctionimages/9/ ... 8-orig.jpg

Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:47 pm

Looks real from the front, would need to see the back too. Also check the tour schedule and make sure he was actually booked there that day. A lot of fake tickets in the market have wrong dates and wrong venues.

Personally, I would not pay over $150 for a real ticket. But you could make a nice display piece of it and a photo from some time in 1977 of him in the Atzec jumpsuit, very likely he would have worn it during this tour too.

I did one for the concert I attended in 1976 in Cincinnati.

Good Luck!
Last edited by SouthPaw on Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:59 pm

SouthPaw wrote:But you could make a nice display piece of it and a photo from the actual show. I did one for the concert I attended in 1976 in Cincinnati.

That could be rather difficult for this particular tour! :wink:

Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:00 pm

Photo of the actual show????

Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:42 pm

SouthPaw wrote:Looks real from the front, would need to see the back too. Also check the tour schedule and make sure he was actually booked there that day. A lot of fake tickets in the market have wrong dates and wrong venues.

Personally, I would not pay over $150 for a real ticket. But you could make a nice display piece of it and a photo from the actual show. I did one for the concert I attended in 1976 in Cincinnati.

Good Luck!

Did You attended the first or second show of Cincinnati? Did you have any pictures of the concert?
I have a scarf, newspaper reviews, a stub and 6 pictures of the first show. I framed the scarf and the stub with a 77 picture of him wearing a scarf and it reallys looks amazing

TCB,

Sergio Luiz

Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:22 pm

renanagulled wrote:Photo of the actual show????

You knew what I meant, not this ticket but another.... :lol:

Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:26 pm

Sergio Luiz wrote:
SouthPaw wrote:Looks real from the front, would need to see the back too. Also check the tour schedule and make sure he was actually booked there that day. A lot of fake tickets in the market have wrong dates and wrong venues.

Personally, I would not pay over $150 for a real ticket. But you could make a nice display piece of it and a photo from the actual show. I did one for the concert I attended in 1976 in Cincinnati.

Good Luck!

Did You attended the first or second show of Cincinnati? Did you have any pictures of the concert?
I have a scarf, newspaper reviews, a stub and 6 pictures of the first show. I framed the scarf and the stub with a 77 picture of him wearing a scarf and it reallys looks amazing

TCB,

Sergio Luiz

I was at both shows, I too have a scarf that my aunt got and we have some photos, I got some from a guy in Dayton, Oh too who took several rolls.

Do you have the cartoon that Jim Borgman drew of Elvis that was in the Cincinnati Enquirer? I had that for years and lost it but I contacted Jim and he sent me a copy. It was the one Elvis saw in the newspaper and made a comment during the show.

Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:27 pm

Good Luck!

Thanks for you answer. According to the book Elvis From A to Z the date is correct.

Here's a photo of the back.

Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:34 pm

Marko wrote:

Good Luck!

Thanks for you answer. According to the book Elvis From A to Z the date is correct.

Notice the words REFUNDED. Looks real. Offer $25 - $50. (If you want it as a keepsake piece, I doubt the value will ever be much more than that but who knows anymore.)

Collect what interests you, pay only what you personally feel you can afford for an item. Advice from other collectors to me early on.

Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:32 am

Do you have the cartoon that Jim Borgman drew of Elvis that was in the Cincinnati Enquirer? I had that for years and lost it but I contacted Jim and he sent me a copy. It was the one Elvis saw in the newspaper and made a comment during the show.

Do you mean this one? Yes I have it, togheter with a article published in the next morning newspaper comenting the incident.
Nice that he sent you a copy, althou its a horrible cartoon :D
wasnt his name Jerry Dowling?

TCB,

Sergio Luiz[/quote]

Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:13 am

Sergio Luiz wrote:

Do you mean this one? Yes I have it, togheter with a article published in the next morning newspaper comenting the incident.
Nice that he sent you a copy, althou its a horrible cartoon :D
wasnt his name Jerry Dowling?

TCB,

Sergio Luiz
[/quote]

Yep that is it, and you were correct I went and dug it up it was Jerry instead of Jim Borgman. I always thought that was funny since MMM's always tried to keep bad press away from him and yet he saw and even mentioned it in the show. Did you live in Cincinnati?

Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:38 am

No, Im From Brazil. Unfortunatly I wasnt luck as you and never saw Elvis Live :(

Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:09 am

SouthPaw wrote:
Marko wrote:

Good Luck!

Notice the words REFUNDED. Looks real. Offer $25 - $50. (If you want it as a keepsake piece, I doubt the value will ever be much more than that but who knows anymore.)

Collect what interests you, pay only what you personally feel you can afford for an item. Advice from other collectors to me early on.

Thanks! :)

Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:24 pm

Marko,

Can you tell me where you can buy this one. I'm born on August 21 1977, so this would be a nice add to my collection.

Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:33 pm

Richard wrote:Marko,

Can you tell me where you can buy this one. I'm born on August 21 1977, so this would be a nice add to my collection.

Richard,

it's on sale on a Finnish auction site. Bidding starts from 60 euros.

http://www.huuto.net/fi/showitem.php3?itemid=21468951

The seller has also this ticket from 10 July 1975

http://www.huuto.net/fi/showitem.php3?itemid=21501582