Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Las Vegas January/February 1974...it´s about time FTD...!

Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:02 pm

Listened to an audience recording from February 8th. yesterday and it sharpened my appetite for soundboard material from this Las Vegas season. The show I listened to is released under the title "Let Me Be There" and the soundquality is average. The show itself is very nice with highlights such as a strong version of See See Rider (always great to hear), Tryin´ To Get To You, Sweet Caroline (very good version), Spanish Eyes (unfortunately incomplete but there´s a complete version from January 27th. among the bonus tracks), Help Me, An American Trilogy and You´ve Lost That Loving Feelin´ (also very good).
I don´t know how much material is avaiable for FTD for future releases from this season but it would be nice to get a show with possibly a few bonus tracks from other shows in the near future.

Sincerely MB280E

Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:06 pm

It is known that most concerts were recorded in soundboard. I think we just have to wait a little bit longer.
It will be a must.

FEB 74

Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:12 pm

This has been discussed before. I'm sure they will get round to it. I have about 20 shows from the Jan/Feb '74 season and virtually EVERY show is identical!! Ie, Elvis performs near enough the same songs in the same order time after time and never stays on for more than 50 minutes. A very bored and uninspired Elvis indeed during this unflattering stint. Pity.
TONY

Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:29 pm

How´s it unflattering...?? :? And yes, it has been discussed before, and so has practically almost every subject I have read during the last month or so...!

Sincerely MB280E

Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:35 pm

I hope we don't get another soundboard too soon in the future - FTD have released enough live shows in succession recently, give us some damn studio sessions!

Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:51 pm

Matthew wrote:I hope we don't get another soundboard too soon in the future - FTD have released enough live shows in succession recently, give us some damn studio sessions!

It would be great if something from this engagement would be released. The shows may have been almost 100% identical, musically they are very good professionaly performed shows.

I could be wrong, but in april there was 1 live show (main) and the 2-disc Elvis Is Back ("7 Inch) .. In July we've had 1 live show (main) and the 2-disc Today ("7 inch) ... that are 4 studio sessions discs against 2 live shows .. what do you mean too many live shows and too little studio sessions :roll: :roll:

42 FTD releases till date .. 18 live cd's and 24 studio cd's :!: Bring those soundboards on :D :D

Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:52 pm

I have many concerts from this season.. I agree the concerts are almost the same... same tracklisting.... but theý are all great.. Sure we will have it on FTD soon! :wink:

Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:20 pm

stefan kock wrote: It would be great if something from this engagement would be released. The shows may have been almost 100% identical, musically they are very good professionaly performed shows.

I could be wrong, but in april there was 1 live show (main) and the 2-disc Elvis Is Back ("7 Inch) .. In July we've had 1 live show (main) and the 2-disc Today ("7 inch) ... that are 4 studio sessions discs against 2 live shows .. what do you mean too many live shows and too little studio sessions :roll: :roll:

Erm, no. Soundtrack and classic album re-issues don't count in the regular FTD release catalogue. The closest releases to studio stuff we've had since So High is Flashback which is a book/CD release and On Tour - Rehearsals which isn't quite the same. The last two regular release have been concerts (4 if you count the Texas book) then there's On Tour rehearsals, then 3 live discs going back to So High (with Flashback in between).

The next release is going to be ANOTHER live CD so yes, I hope we don't see the above request too soon - obviously at some point but studio releases are sorely lacking recently in the regular line up.

stefan kock wrote:42 FTD releases till date .. 18 live cd's and 24 studio cd's :!: Bring those soundboards on :D :D

Out of all the regular FTD release to date we have had:

16 live releases (soon to be 17), 13 studio releases (14 if you include On Tour rehearsal which is kind of a crossover), 3 books (2 (3)live, 1 studio) and the rest soundtrack/classic album reissues. So bring on those studio releases!
Last edited by Matthew on Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:27 pm

All good points as usual Stefan! :)

Sincerely MB280E

Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:28 pm

It´s time for a 70´s out-take album...

Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:30 pm

A good quality soundboard show from the Jan/Feb '74 Vegas engagement would be welcomed by me.

However, if I had my drathers, I drather have a February 1972 Vegas show.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:41 pm

Matthew wrote:
stefan kock wrote: It would be great if something from this engagement would be released. The shows may have been almost 100% identical, musically they are very good professionaly performed shows.

Erm, no. Soundtrack and classic album re-issues don't count in the regular FTD release catalogue. The closest releases to studio stuff we've had since So High is Flashback which is a book/CD release and On Tour - Rehearsals which isn't quite the same. The last two regular release have been concerts (4 if you count the Texas book) then there's On Tour rehearsals, then 3 live discs going back to So High (with Flashback in between).

The next release is going to be ANOTHER live CD so yes, I hope we don't see the above request too soon - obviously at some point but studio releases are sorely lacking recently in the regular line up.

stefan kock wrote:42 FTD releases till date .. 18 live cd's and 24 studio cd's :!: Bring those soundboards on :D :D

Out of all the regular FTD release to date we have had:

16 live releases (soon to be 17), 13 studio releases (14 if you include On Tour rehearsal which is kind of a crossover), 3 books (2 (3)live, 1 studio) and the rest soundtrack/classic album reissues. So bring on those studio releases!

I fail to see your point here, and believe me that doesn't happen fast :wink:

What the f*ck does it matter if a cd is released as a "regular" or "classic album" or "nameless" for that matter". The're released at the same time at the same cost. So again 42 FTD releases so far, of which 18 live and 24 studio. You can turn it around as much as you want, this still reamains a fact.

If i remember correctly the first 3 years of the label the "studio" fans were served better than the "live" fans . Pratically no live releases then.

Above all, it's no competition right?? Lately live and studio are released at the same time, so everybody should be happy. I for one will nver complain, as long as it's elvis on the cd I will buy it. So yes, let's bring those soundboards on :wink:

Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:03 pm

Oh Jesus - I'm not into arguing but the soundtrack/classic album FTD don't have that much unreleased stuff on them - you're getting re-issued masters, re-issued alternate takes (some from other FTD CDs) and a handful of unreleased alternate takes. The regular FTD releases are for the most part unreleased material which we have had a hell of a lot of live material recently. My point is we are due a new FTD studio release of outtakes in the vein of Nashville Marathon, Studio B or whatever form it could take.

The thread asks for another live show to come out soon, my point is hold back on another live release and put out a studio release soon.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:31 pm

Matthew wrote:Oh Jesus - I'm not into arguing but the soundtrack/classic album FTD don't have that much unreleased stuff on them - you're getting re-issued masters, re-issued alternate takes (some from other FTD CDs) and a handful of unreleased alternate takes. The regular FTD releases are for the most part unreleased material which we have had a hell of a lot of live material recently. My point is we are due a new FTD studio release of outtakes in the vein of Nashville Marathon, Studio B or whatever form it could take.

The thread asks for another live show to come out soon, my point is hold back on another live release and put out a studio release soon.

I agree........today-se only had a handful of new takes and EIB had even fewer completely new stuff I didnt had heard before.
I want a new release like nashville marathon were every song was completely unreleased.......dont think the vault is empty yet.
I dont mind soundboards,I just dont buy them........
The only soundboards I would buy at the moment is shows from jan/feb 70.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:02 pm

I want a July 75 soundboard, or a late December 76 one(but hopefully not the Dallas show) would at least love to have the Birmingham show on FTD.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:11 pm

I think a show released by FTD would be worthwhile..
It is true...the setlists all look alike but the shows itself were strong I think..
We get new live material like Spanish Eyes, Help Me, Let Me Be There or My Baby Left Me..
Also we have fine renditions of Blueberry Hill, Youve Lost That Lovin Feeling or `Trying to Get to You..so why not ???

Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:54 pm

I hope we don't get another soundboard too soon in the future - FTD have released enough live shows in succession recently, give us some damn studio sessions!

To each his own ... I couldn't agree less ... I hope there will be lots of FULL not scrambled concerts in the future.

The next FTD will be 1976. I can feel that in the wabbly thing I call my belly.

Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:01 am

Thomas wrote:The next FTD will be 1976. I can feel that in the wabbly thing I call my belly.

Granted, there were more 1976 shows recorded than in any other year (don't ask me why or how I know.)

However, I will take your bet on the next live FTD. I have an inside source who tells me that it will be worth the wait and that NO ONE thought we'd ever get a soundboard from this show.

Well, it's gonna happen when the January FTD's are released in honor of Elvis' birthday.

The show is on soundboard!!!! Not 1976, and not telling what it is.

You can't make me! My lips are sealed!

Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:19 am

Rob wrote:
Thomas wrote:The next FTD will be 1976. I can feel that in the wabbly thing I call my belly.

Granted, there were more 1976 shows recorded than in any other year (don't ask me why or how I know.)

However, I will take your bet on the next live FTD. I have an inside source who tells me that it will be worth the wait and that NO ONE thought we'd ever get a soundboard from this show.

Well, it's gonna happen when the January FTD's are released in honor of Elvis' birthday.

The show is on soundboard!!!! Not 1976, and not telling what it is.

You can't make me! My lips are sealed!

Uh huh...

Your lips might be sealed, but your ass is definetely sqeakin' on this one :!: :!: :!:

Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:37 am

Quiet Mink!

I'm trying to see how many rumors I can start between now and January!

Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:14 am

Rob wrote:Quiet Mink!

I'm trying to see how many rumors I can start between now and January!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

8) 8) 8)