Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Graceland Impersonators

Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:23 pm

Just a dumb thought--My fiance and I were talking about Graceland last night, and she asked, "Are impersonators allowed to tour the mansion and grounds in their jumpsuits?" In the dozen or so times I have toured the mansion, I have never seen a jumpsuited fan taking the tour.

Are people not allowed to do that? Of those who have toured the place, what is the craziest/most unusual thing you have seen?

I recall one of the first tours I took. When our group reached the Meditation Garden, I spotted a young guy standing by the pool. He had his back to the graves, and after several minutes I noticed the guy would NOT turn around or come over by the graves. He would kinda do a half-turn and peek to take a look, but then quickly looked away. I stayed probably 45 minutes waiting to see if the guy would come around to the gravesite, but he never did. I don't know if it was so emotional for him that he had to work up the courage to do it, or if it was something else.

Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:27 pm

Oh, like EPE's going to refuse to sell a ticket to anyone. You could tour the house while on fire as long as you buy a ticket and refrain from flash photography.

Tom

Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:07 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:Oh, like EPE's going to refuse to sell a ticket to anyone. You could tour the house while on fire as long as you buy a ticket and refrain from flash photography.

Tom


They just prefer you don't sit on the furniture....

:wink:

Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:23 am

My wife and I were up early one morning at SUNRISE in the meditation garden, a beautiful morning with just the two of us and a couple of security guards doing there thing (watchin' us), the birds were tweating the sun was rising it was a beautiful moment and morning until.............

Here SHE comes MRS Elvis in her jumpsuit with cane and STICK on sideburns..I'll tell ya it freaked me out but what could I do without creating a scene?
I never wanted to hit a woman till then!

Yes they let them in AND up there.

<b>True Story folks!</B>

Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:28 am

ME4EP wrote:My wife and I were up early one morning at SUNRISE in the meditation garden, a beautiful morning with just the two of us and a couple of security guards doing there thing (watchin' us), the birds were tweating the sun was rising it was a beautiful moment and morning until.............

Here SHE comes MRS Elvis in her jumpsuit with cane and STICK on sideburns..I'll tell ya it freaked me out but what could I do without creating a scene?
I never wanted to hit a woman till then!

Yes they let them in AND up there.

<b>True Story folks!</B>



Pretty cool. Probably my favorite time at the Meditation Garden was when I did the free walk-up, and there was absolutely no one in sight. Certainly, I was being watched by someone, but there were no guards anywhere that I could see. I was completely alone at the gravesite for about ten minutes before an older couple finally walked up the driveway.

Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:24 am

ME4EP wrote:I never wanted to hit a woman till then!


Hey, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:27 am

ME4EP wrote:Here SHE comes MRS Elvis in her jumpsuit with cane and STICK on sideburns..I'll tell ya it freaked me out but what could I do without creating a scene?


What a moron! I wish there was some insane seriel killer that would clear this planet of these wackos.

Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:26 pm

Marko wrote:What a moron! I wish there was some insane seriel killer that would clear this planet of these wackos.


Finally, a job for Simplekins!!

Tom

Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:28 pm

Hi ME 4EP
Your story made me laugh out loud. So funny !!!