Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

ELVIS BY THE PRESLEYS - CD & DVD

Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:39 am

Hey folks,
just got my copies of ELVIS BY THE PRESLEYS yesterday. Both CD and DVD and I must say: this is so fantastic! Really!

My wife loves it (and normally she isn't interested too much in Elvis movies and stuff)!!!

I've seen the first three chapters - and what impressed me most is the huge amount of home movies :shock: and Lisa - my, she's a real cutie :wink:

The CD is superb! The ALOHA recordings sound fantastic!!! I'm really looking forward to a SONY-remastered release of this one!

The orchestra sounds amazing on It's Over, and the audience reaction on WELCOME TO MY WORLD is brilliant, also the drums on STEAMROLLER BLUES!

What I didn't like at first was the remaster of GOT A FEELING IN MY BODY - although that one sounds very interesting with the ch oir upfront and Elvis more in the background.

All in all: superb releases! I love them!!!!!

Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:13 am

What I didn't like at first was the remaster of GOT A FEELING IN MY BODY - although that one sounds very interesting with the ch oir upfront and Elvis more in the background.

The version found on this disc (EBTP) is the exact and original Master used for the GOOD TIMES Lp...
[/quote]

Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:59 pm

etp, are you saying that the sound on the Aloha tracks on the Elvis By The Presleys cd is better than on the remastered version of Aloha From Hawaii from 1998?

Sincerely MB280E

Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:04 pm

Yes, definetely! Compared to the 1998 remaster it sounds so much better!!!

Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:06 pm

Thanks for the info etp, very interesting indeed! :)

Sincerely MB280E