Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis On Vinyl volume 2

Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:21 pm

Hi there fellows, back in 1996 I ordered and paid for 3 volumes of Elvis On Vinyl compiled by Peter Baumann. I only got volume 1 and 3, no volume 2!! What happened, anyone can shed light how I can contact Mr Baumann himself to clear this up, once and for all. I think he lives in Austria, but his phonenomber is not available.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:10 pm

I think it was planned BUT never released.
This don't exist as a book.
This was just a plan to bring it out!

Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:32 pm

Then I think he owes me some money, I paid for all 3 volumes.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:55 pm

You ordered the Books in 1996?? Why have you NOT contact him earlier, at least 1 or 2 month later in 1996?
Just curious?
If I had ordered 3 Books, I would have Emailed or written letters or contact the seller a few days or weeks after my order. NOT 9 years later. Don't you agree?

Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:58 pm

BTW, as I have written, I am NOT 1000% sure if Vol.2 do exist or not.
As I am NOT a Vinyl collector. Just think that it do not exist. ;-)

Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:41 am

Volume 2 was never released.
As far as the payment is concerned, you are out of luck. According to the law people only have to keep their paperwork for a maximum of 5 years.

Now does anybody know when I can expect the LP's paid for to Paul Lichter in 1970?

Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:25 pm

Well there´s always karma........

Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:22 pm

9 years???? This is a wind up right?! :roll:

Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:06 pm

Not so fellows, I´ve waited for that follow-up, and understood it might take some time knowing the effort he (Baumann) puts into his works.
But I now feel it´s way overdue and even though it only concerns a mere $ 30 or so I want him to know that I don´t tolerate his way of making promises he won´t keep. If I pay for something I should get something in return, that´s the way I do business anyway.

Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:13 pm

C'mon drghanem,
you thought it might take some time?? But NOT 9 years. :shock: :?:
Every normal thinking collector would have asked questions within these 9 years many many times. Why have you NOT asked him? You must have had contact with him. You ordered these Books from him personaly. Right??
Or via an Elvis Shop? Any other kind of shop? This is NOT normal my friend.

Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:18 pm

And don´t you think I have, I just brought it up here on the board for everybody´s attention so I could get into contact with him. He´s moved and changed address since last time I was in touch with him. I thought that someone here might know his current whereabouts.
OK case closed, I hate to go into a crap-game with great fans. I´ll have to suit myself paying for 3 volumes when only 2 were published at the time 1996.
Have a good night!

Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:30 pm

Don't get it personaly drghanem!
I am just thinking myself what you have done 9 years and now come up with this story. Why have you not contact him after 6 month and ask him, what is with the 3rd Book?
Why not contact him again after 1 year and ask again what is with the book. And why not again and again?
Just curious. This will not going into my mind.
If I had ordered and paid for something I have asked every week what is with my items. ;-)