Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

question

Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:57 pm

Listen kiddos, this is NOT a shot from 67 or 68 but from the early months of 1957!! Ive been collecting early pix since my teen years- a long, long time ago. I can recognize a 57 shot blindfolded! Stick to the jumpsuit years if you cant spot the difference between Loving You or The NBC 68 show. Amateurs!

Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:01 pm

Greg -

You wrote:
You just read that, huh?

They were all on fire.

Sorry, I'm not up with these expressions !

Are you agreeing with me, or disagreeing ?

Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:30 pm

ColinB wrote:Greg -

I wrote previously:
That Marlon Brando 'The Wild One' look was so cool back then !

Unfortunately, these days it has something of a Village People association which has kinda ruined it.

I just read that, in fact, only one of the Village People was actually gay !

And it wasn't that leather-clad biker with the giant tash !

It was the cowboy !

Another illusion shattered.

I was strongly disagreeing, but again forgetting your dry
British sense of "humour." :wink:

Re: question

Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:31 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:Listen kiddos, this is NOT a shot from 67 or 68 but from the early months of 1957!! Ive been collecting early pix since my teen years- a long, long time ago. I can recognize a 57 shot blindfolded! Stick to the jumpsuit years if you cant spot the difference between Loving You or The NBC 68 show. Amateurs!

Thank you, and good day.

DJC

Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:35 pm

Thanks Little Sister for the pic.

The candid 50's shots are hard to date, but I would definitely say 1956-1957 - it's a wonderful photo. Thank you for posting it.

Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:14 am

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:Listen kiddos, this is NOT a shot from 67 or 68 but from the early months of 1957!! Ive been collecting early pix since my teen years- a long, long time ago. I can recognize a 57 shot blindfolded! Stick to the jumpsuit years if you cant spot the difference between Loving You or The NBC 68 show. Amateurs!

Thanks Ger!! Great to get a pro's opinion although I appreciate everybodys input, thanks! :D

LINDA

Re: Question regarding a pic of 50's Elvis wearing leather!

Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:14 pm

Little Sister wrote:Hi!!

I have a photo that I found on a Finish site several years ago. It is very intriguing and I would love to find out more about it.

After some detective work with my friends at TCB World I remembered this photo that Stacy at http://elvis.fan-sites.org (great site BTW!! , I hope she doesn't mind me posting it here) sent me a couple of years ago.

To me the jackets look the same to me, even the top pocket (just open, and no zipper).... so I think we can say for sure it is from the 50's. The sideburns tell me the same thing.

But do you know anything more about it? When or where it might be taken. And also, if it is available in better quality anywhere. Answers are greatly appreciated!!

LINDA

hi Linda you are right about wearing the same jacket, but the above picture is not from the 50's it is from 67.
wearing the same jacket wasn't unusual for elvis....watch these pictures...
from the 68 special...

and here the same jacket , a view years later during the meeting with nixon..

marcel

question

Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:31 pm

I dont know why Im replying to this thread again and again! Maybe hoping that you, Little Sister, might not get the idea many Dutch fans are such loonies as the bloke [ and his Detective friends] above... Listen smartass, for the last time : THE PHOTO IS FROM 1957! 1957, 1957, 1957! Klojos !

Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:34 pm

Those two bottom pictures with Nixon are awesome!

Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:07 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:I dont know why Im replying to this thread again and again! Maybe hoping that you, Little Sister, might not get the idea many Dutch fans are such loonies as the bloke [ and his Detective friends] above... Listen smartass, for the last time : THE PHOTO IS FROM 1957! 1957, 1957, 1957! Klojos !

wow..why are you so angry about it??
i thought that on this bourd everybody could give his meaning.....
and about the picture....i personally THINK it is from 67.....
do you have some more pictures perhaps from early 57? so you can post them inhere to see if there is any conncetion to it?

only another elvis fan,
marcel

question

Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:27 pm

It tires me to no end when certain people , after having mailed at least 5 times on this thread , still think they can correct me on dating Elvis pixfrom the 50s. Jeez, I bought the first ansicht photo cards circa 58/9... Theres a lot I dont know about, but on the 5os Elvis few can better me... A copy of Inside Loving You is all you need to see my point. Enough of this. Go and study capes and matching belts with your friends, Im sure youre an ace on that subject! Gegroet .

Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:54 pm

I'm with the Riffster on this. If that isn't a '57 pic then I'm off to do my shopping wearing the Gypsy Alpine suit. (Don't you think Elton John would look lurrrrrvely in one... So butch.)

Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:27 pm

I posted that leather jacket picture Little Sister is referring to on my (Finnish) site a few years ago. I took the photo from Paul Lichter´s book Behind Closed Doors. To me, this photo is definitely from 1957, as has been mentioned here several times. And Mr. Rijff´s opinion proves this to me. He knows this stuff.

question

Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:49 pm

BLESS YOU, my "foolish" son .

Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:12 pm

Thank you all for your answears. Not sure it really needed to get as hostile as it did, this is all just for fun!! But I am glad I got an answear to my questions. And thank you Finnish (I know how to spell it now!! ;-)) Fool - you had a great site. What happened to it?

Have a great night!!!

LINDA

Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:07 pm

Ger gets a little tightly-wound, Linda. :wink:

Thanks for being here. :lol: