Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

All Shook Up FTD "Crackle-Pop" 1:47 into Rubbernec

Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:43 am

Just received the All Shook Up FTD. On my copy, there is a loud crackle (sounds like a digital artifact) in the left channel at 1:47 into "Rubberneckin."

Is this noise in anyone else's copy? Or is my copy defective?

Is this a mastering error or does the noise exist on the source tape?

Re: All Shook Up FTD "Crackle-Pop" 1:47 into Rubbe

Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:47 am

monkboughtlunch wrote:Just received the All Shook Up FTD. On my copy, there is a loud crackle (sounds like a digital artifact) in the left channel at 1:47 into "Rubberneckin."

Not on mine, but I have a similar occurrance on my FTD Today. can't remember which track...Maybe Pieces of My Life on disc 2.

Axe

Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:50 am

I've only listened to it once since I've had it, but probably would have noticed it immediately since I only listen to them (Elvis CD's) through headphones for superior sound. So I'd have to say that it isn't on mine either.

Re: All Shook Up FTD "Crackle-Pop" 1:47 into Rubbe

Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:55 am

monkboughtlunch wrote:Just received the All Shook Up FTD. On my copy, there is a loud crackle (sounds like a digital artifact) in the left channel at 1:47 into "Rubberneckin."

It's on my copy and I've heard several people complaining about the same thing before.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:36 pm

I do not believe it to be a crackle, I believe it to be Elvis' microphone hitting a glass (of water or gatorade ?). If you listen to Elvis at the end of the song (3:37 onwards), he says
"the guys downstairs recording this thing saying what's he doing up there, he's crazy..my wa wa (E's name for water remember) my wa wa fell it sure did and it spilt on my mic....ah I tell you it'd knock into the next county you know that"

Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:49 pm

I don't think it could be Elvis microphone because Elvis' voice is mixed in the center of the stereo image.

The "crackle" is only in the left channel of the stereo image and sounds like a digital artifact.