Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moody Blue or Jungle Room Sessions

Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:11 pm

Hello Music Lovers,

I can't decide weather I should get the Moody Blue CD (with bonus tracks from From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee)
or, spend an extra $10 or so and get the Jungle Room Sessions FTD CD?

I'm not a huge fan of Elvis' later studio work, but a few of these songs do stand out and I'm trying to collect all of his master recordings on CD so I've got to have these for completion purposes. So which should it be? One or the other or both?

Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:14 pm

Last edited by neckywoudje on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Moody Blue or Jungle Room Sessions

Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:16 pm

Trevell wrote:Hello Music Lovers,

I can't decide weather I should get the Moody Blue CD (with bonus tracks from From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee)
or, spend an extra $10 or so and get the Jungle Room Sessions FTD CD?

I'm not a huge fan of Elvis' later studio work, but a few of these songs do stand out and I'm trying to collect all of his master recordings on CD so I've got to have these for completion purposes. So which should it be? One or the other or both?

you kinda answered your own question there...

"I'm trying to collect all of his master recordings on CD so I've got to have these for completion purposes".

You definetely need both, but the FTD is a much better purchase in terms of performance and sonic quality.

You should try and seek out the Japanese paper sleeve release of the original Moody Blue album. the sound on that release buries the crap standard US version.
Last edited by minkahed on Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:51 pm

The Jungle Room sessions is an essential Cd for any Elvis fan. You will never hear these tracks sound better than they do on this FTD.

So .... my answer is...BOTH...as the re-vamped Moody Blue is also essential listening if you don't have any other versions...

So..that helps then :lol:

Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:53 pm

BOTH... 8)

Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:53 pm

iamhekev wrote:BOTH... 8)

I just said that Kev :wink: how you doing BTW :D

Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:03 am

If you like Elvis you'll love "The Jungle Room Sessions". "Moody Blue" contains all the masters so get both. :D

Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:50 am

Ok, thanks guys. I guess I'll have to suck it up and get both then!

Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:44 am

Have you got your tooth brush etc chris?.

see you soon.

8)

Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:00 am

Trevell wrote:Ok, thanks guys. I guess I'll have to suck it up and get both then!

I am sure you can pick up Moody Blue for just a couple of bucks on ebay.

Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:34 am

Trevell wrote:Ok, thanks guys. I guess I'll have to suck it up and get both then!

Yes, you definitely need to suck it up.

You need to suck on the FTD first though. Someday, they will cease to exist and could be very difficult to find. You will always be able to find Moody Blue.

I have always found the sessions at Graceland fascinating. I am one of the minorities who like the songs recorded there. I would have loved to be sitting in a corner of the room just taking it all in as it happened. They say that Elvis replaced the lights in the room with blue ones to set the mood. The Jungle Room Sessions is definitely one of my favorite FTD's even though I only play it on rare occasions. I do not want to get tired of it (if that makes any sense.)

Don't pass this one up. You won't be sorry.

Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:46 pm

Just curious...

Am I the only person that prefers the alternate mix of "He'll Have To Go", over the original version?

They apparantly overdubbed the strings, but then took them back out (Elvis' preference?).

Rich

Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:49 pm

Get both for sure.

http://half.ebay.com/cat/buy/prod.cgi?c ... r=44320192

http://half.ebay.com/cat/buy/prod.cgi?c ... pr=3136792

Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:45 pm

I'd agree with the `both' suggestion. While Moody Blue has the masters, including the best takes of For the Heart, Moody Blue etc, the FTD has better takes of other tracks, minus the dreadful overdubs and in very clear sound.
rick

Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:18 pm

It's Easy For You is much much better on the FTD. The master has a bad mix for the voice making it it sound weak and distant. Also a bad mix with Bringin It Back from Elvis Today album With voice sounding distant.