Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Speaking of Remixes... 4th Of July medley is done!

Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:41 pm

I've put up some of the remixes Colin and I were talking about (that I did), on the EAPsociety.com website here:

http://www.eapsociety.com/mccoyfiles.htm

These were done just for fun, and since people seem to get a kick out of them, here they are! The "Girls!Girls!Girls!" ones are new. 8)

Hope you like them! Let me know what you think!
Last edited by MikeMcCoy on Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:40 pm

Mike -

Really enjoyed the GGG medley !

Well, that's one film down, 33 to go !!

Mon Jun 16, 2003 10:23 pm

Hi, Colin!

Thanks! Which one did you like better, the 9 song version or the 11 song version? I'm not sure which I like better, myself.

I'll eventually do more of the movies, but GGG was easier to do more with thanks to the binaural mixes floating around. :)

Mon Jun 16, 2003 10:42 pm

Mike -

I kinda liked the longer one !

Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:04 am

fantastic mike, get to work on the clambake medley! i vote for you to remix rubberneckin, all my best,simmer :lol:

Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:09 am

Nice job Mike!
Really like "Baby I Don't Care".
What did you do with "I'll Never Let You Go"?
I can't seem to figure out the changes you made?

Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:24 am

Thanks, everybody!

I'll get to some of the other movies hopefully soon - since Clambake was requested, I'll see what I can do with that. :)

The "I'll Never Let You Go" was just a simple one.... the outtake we have of that song starts part-way through it, not at the beginning, so I too the first part from the master and matched the higher pitch/speed and connected it to what we do have of the alt, just to make it "complete".

Any other requests?

Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:01 am

EXCELLENT!

Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:05 am

Just as a follow-up Mike...

Is there anything you can do with all the different live versions of "Suspicious Minds"?
The ones from August 1969, February 1970 and August 1970.
I know he sped this song up after 1971 but I think during these periods the speed of the song was pretty close.
What do think about a re-mix of "Suspicious Minds" - just for the enjoyment of the fans, of course!!!

Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:18 am

Hmmmm.. possible... I'm guessing not easy, but possible.. I'll give it a shot and let you know if it turns out any good. :)

Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:31 am

Completly fist class..good job taking care of business!!!

Do you have a home studio or do this on a computer based program?

Jon

Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:38 am

Thanks, Jon!

I do it all on a computer. The best program (in my opinion) for editing and putting together this stuff is "Magix Audio Cleaning Lab 3.0". Just a fantastic program, and very very easy to use. I've tried a lot of stuff and never found anything easier.

It's all done on PC, but here's what I've got to work with:

Pentium IV 3.07Ghz processor
512 MB DDR-PC 133 RAM
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum
ATI All-In-Wonder 9700
680 GB of total hard drive space (got it for compiling studio sessions in WAV and eventually all the concerts in MP3, but the remixes are a fun departure, too)

Not all that is necessary for audio editing, but you asked what I used, so that's why I listed this. Kinda proud of the PC, too. :)

Got a decent "Suspicious Minds" remix done, have that up sometime tonight or tomorrow!

Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:15 am

Site looks good Mike. I'm looking forward to watching it progress.

Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:35 am

Mike-

Many thanks for making Guitar Man complete! I have always thought that it was a shame that we didn't have all the verses together in one version. Very nicely done!

Tue Jun 17, 2003 10:19 am

Thanks, everybody!

Got the "Suspicious Minds" remix up, it's kinda simple, but let me know what you think, anyway. :)

Also got the joke file section going too, thanks to a couple of our members (special thanks again to Keith), including a new "King Creole" "outtake".

Let me know what you think of 'em!

fantastic remix!!

Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:06 pm

what a great job you did on Suspicious minds man!! my compliments to you..... :D

Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:51 pm

Thanks!

It was actually no big deal, though, just took one half of a 69 concert version, second half of a 70 concert version, and did an overlap/fade-into the end of a different 70 concert version. Real simple, took me about 2 min. I'd have spent more time on it, but I'm better when studio material is my base. Especially that song.. it's hard to mess with perfection. :)

btw, someone asked for a link to the joke files because they couldn't see the link on the main page (the site is optimized for 1024x768 resolution, so 800x600 will have a hard time), so here's that:

http://www.eapsociety.com/jokefiles.htm

If anybody out there can help me figure out how to put a scroll bar on the side of a frame for easy viewing, I'd be VERY greatful!

Enjoy!

Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:41 pm

Hi Mike, Your site looks GREAT!! :D Seems like a very cool group you have going for you. Especially that guy who use to have long hair. :)
I forget his name right now. :?:
Keep up the good work and I would really like to hear a medley from "Girl Happy", "Tickle Me" and "Viva Las Vegas". :D :D

E-Mail me cause I have something to tell you off the board.

Talk to you later,
Mitch

Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:56 pm

Hi, Woodlyjohn!

Thanks! Got a joke file favorite so far? Some have been on the board previously, though, so the new-ness of those is probably worn off.

The voice on that is the same on on the two "Change Of Habit" "outtakes" that were on the boards before. You can find it in the "history" of this message board somewhere. I don't want this to become another one of "those"threads, so please forgive me for not mentioning exact names on this thread.

If you can't find it, PM me, I'll tell you there. :wink:

And Mitch! Hi!!

You mean you actually liked that guy with the long hair? :shock: :P You gotta be crazy.. But then, you're a little biased, aren't you? :wink: :lol:

(Mitch is one of our members, btw)

I'll get to all of them eventually, it's just a fun thing, so whenever I get time. You know that, but I'm saying it for everybody else, too. :)

Thanks for the post, man, I'll talk to you soon!
Last edited by MikeMcCoy on Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:31 am

Just a quick message, because someone PM'ed me who was concerned about the clips on the site, etc.... here's a quick message to anyone from the "Anti-PiracY" place or EPE or BMG or anybody else:

Dear Sirs/Madams,

If you do happen to see this, the files are merely up for fun, and all you have to do is e-mail me and ask, and I'll take them down. It's just me messing with my audio program, anyhow. I can be contacted at jonburrows@mchsi.com the easiest.

Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:04 am

Great work Mike :!:

How about a combined "Party" or for that matter "Got o' Lot Of Living
To Do" and "Loving You"

Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:26 am

Actually, I tried doing a "Party" one, but I didn't like how it turned out..

I'll probably do a "Loving You" medley one of these days, too.

Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:11 am

Pretty neat stuff Mike..
Enjoyed listening to them...thanks

Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:28 am

look forward to the updates on your new site Mike....... :arrow: :wink: keep it up the fun !..

i like what you did with "Your So Square",..........

When you have time could you try to do some more of this type of thing to the early music which is Mono or some of the early Live recordings which really needs the extra Bass beat and Guitar Licks to give them some added life, if you know what I mean :lol: ?

PEP 8)
Last edited by PEP on Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:58 am

Hey Mike!

Thanks for the SM re-mix! Nice job! :D :D :D :D :D

What's with the whole 1.5 minutes of silence at the end?
I'm guessing those were a mix of 08-24-69 DS and
08-11-70 MS and one more but I can't figure out the ending???

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?