Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Fingerprints Of Elvis - Albert Dock Liverpool

Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:25 pm

Having just started posting on this new-look board, I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but it is great!
It opened on Saturday 14th June and contains a large collection of Elvis' personal stuff (including jumpsuits - one being the brown leather two piece from 1974 - Elvis' Harley, Bible, handwritten letters and the red tandem from TTWII - which I touched!) It's narrated by David Stanley (who was there for the opening) and is definately well worth a look if you ever visit Liverpool.
Apparantly it'll only continue depending on the support and visits they get from fans - so do your bit I say and then it could become a permanent addition to Liverpool.8)

Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:53 pm

A group of us from Derby drove over to Liverpool today to check this exhibition out, and to be honest, i was slightly dissapointed. Maybe i was expecting too much, but i found some of the stuff suspect to say the least. That white cape looked well dodgy to me, it looked so cheap.

Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:53 am

Simply based upon the photos from ME4EP, .............. I must say that, overall, the exhibit is interesting .......... but I am less than overly impressed. Perhaps it is better in-person or with the audio.

Most "exhibitions" / "museums" utilize various replicas to enhance displays, which really is no big deal as long as they are clearly labelled as such.

Some of the items I recognize as stock from the Fleetwood-Owen auction (which had it's own share of "questionable" AND LEGIT items).

I guess (obviously) that the "fingerprints" are the highlight of the exhibition, ............. which says it all; a nice item, but it doesn't knock my socks off.

It is, however, a nice way for those fans who may never venture to America to see such things. If it were near me, I'd go check it out.

N8
...just a fan....

Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:12 am

"Fingerprints Of Elvis
David Stanley Interview"

http://designermagazine.tripod.com/Fing ... Elvis.html

Excerpt: "Elvis is a godlike figure and yet he would never understand the insanity what goes on today. But that's one of the reasons Elvis left so early, that's why he died so young. The World Worships Me - that would kill anybody. Can you imagine the world loving you and you knowing how bad you could be. Elvis was a great guy, but he was also an ass - he could be jerk and it didn't matter if he was a jerk because they loved him anyway. Elvis couldn't make a mistake because the world still loved him.

If Elvis would have checked into a rehab he would have been 10 times bigger than he was before he went in because the world would have embraced him and collectively said let us love you and help you through this. He thought if the world knew about the things that were going on his personal life they would just leave him and abandon him. At the end of the day Elvis killed Elvis and the fans will blame anybody but him at the end of the day - that's not being derogatory or disrespectful - his death humanized him more than any single act that he ever did because even he couldn't do that.

The Fingerprints Of Elvis makes him real and if you listen to the tapes I don't stay away from the controversy. I tell you what happened to this guy and people say how can you say this - because I was there. I don't read history, I write it because I lived it."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Interesting, indeed. (Let the debate commence .............. )

N8
... just a fan ....

Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:47 am

Here's my take for what it's worth:<br><b>In my opinion Elvis never hurt anyone other than himself and for that "I" can at least forgive him. His talent and work have entertained me for years and will continue to do so.<br>I'm PROUD to call myself an Elvis fan ! !<br>So Mr Stanley you can make of that what you will, and yes I enjoyed the exhibition immensley (warts and all) but I don't feel the need to make a pilgramage to Liverpool either, especially on the 16th August.</b>

http://www.ajs.mersinet.co.uk/fingerprints.htm

Sun Jun 22, 2003 7:03 am

did anybody else notice the obviously fake black pyramid jumpsuit pictured in the article. Graceland has the real black pyramid, I saw it on display sevreal months ago.

Sun Jun 22, 2003 7:09 am

Also wasn't one of the Stanley's supposed to be the "lifer" responsible for checking in on Elvis, but failed to do his job on August the 16th because he was stoned out of his mind? Maybe there is a motive behind these comments he made.

Sun Jun 22, 2003 8:07 am

KingOfTheJungle wrote: ........... did anybody else notice the obviously fake black pyramid jumpsuit pictured in the article. Graceland has the real black pyramid ............

Have you ever heard of "multiple originals"? Just kidding. :wink:

The audio, somebody who has actually attended this exhibit correct me if I am wrong, by Stanley doesn't profess the authenticity of the jumpsuits (nor say that they are replicas). Read in between the lines, FWIW.

KingOfTheJungle wrote:Also wasn't one of the Stanley's supposed to be the "lifer" responsible for checking in on Elvis, but failed to do his job on August the 16th because he was stoned out of his mind? Maybe there is a motive behind these comments he made.

Excerpt reprise (from above): "At the end of the day Elvis killed Elvis and the fans will blame anybody but him at the end of the day.."

The "lifer" to which you refer, was Rick Stanley; he also delivered some of the "attack" packets to Elvis that fateful morning.

As far as I'm concerned, the excerpt above by David Stanley is ACCURATE. Believe it or not, like it or not, ............. shoot the messenger, even hate the messenger, ...................... but .......... face the T-R-U-T-H.

N8
... just a fan ....

Sun Jun 22, 2003 8:36 am

I agree that in the end Elvis killed Elvis, but according to Alanna Nash's book David Stanley was supposed to replace Ricky Stanley at 12:00 as the lifer. While it is Elvis's fault that he died, with knowledge of the Stanley/lifer situation it seems to make sense why the stanleys are always the one's with the "Elvis committed suicide" stories, and reporting that he took all of his drug packets at once (a fact that Billy Smith flatly refutes).

Sun Jun 22, 2003 8:54 am

KingOfTheJungle wrote:I agree that in the end Elvis killed Elvis, but according to Alanna Nash's book David Stanley was supposed to replace Ricky Stanley at 12:00 as the lifer. While it is Elvis's fault that he died, with knowledge of the Stanley/lifer situation it seems to make sense why the stanleys are always the one's with the "Elvis committed suicide" stories, and reporting that he took all of his drug packets at once (a fact that Billy Smith flatly refutes).

Stanley's or any "suicide theories" are hog-wash. David Stanley, I believe, has since recanted his support of them.

Elvis was gone, way before 12 Noon; so it really doesn't matter who was "on" next.

The "Blame-Game" is shallow and serves only to divert attention.

I think many "fans" hate Stanley for the same reasons they harbor contempt for The Wests, Hebler, Lacker, et al. ..................... because they dared to speak out - in essence, make the man less than perfect, fallible, and "human."

N8
... just a fan ....