Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

the world gets.... usa don't?

Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:09 pm

i find it amazing at what the rest of the world has made available to them vs usa as far as elvis material(cd's vcd's dvd'ds),, i know its the copywright laws(most of the time)and epe and sony bmg,,,but i just wish we had more easy access to the material,, just random thoughts,, chris

Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:24 pm

Could it be that its because the Biggest EP fans are out side his home land,and thats why the stuff you are on about,are there to get (other countrys).

:?: :?: :?:

Just a view.

Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:01 pm

very possible... but also our copyrights are sh*t,,LOL but yes needed i understand

Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:09 pm

I always thought it was because its to easy to bust the USA guys. Much closer to the lawyers, FBI, etc...

bpd

Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:19 pm

very possible... but also our copyrights are sh*t,,LOL but yes needed i understand

From another point of view, one could say that our land is the only place where laws are beeing respected 8)

Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:21 pm

Thomas wrote:From another point of view, one could say that our land is the only place where laws are beeing respected 8)

Especially, as we all saw recently, in New Orleans.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:45 pm

Hey guys, stay off this "nation thing". There is no point in arguing which countries are better or worse. We are Elvis fans fans from various nations and I think we all love our countries, regardless if we are Swedish, Dutch, Americans or whatever. The reference to New Orleans is awful, even if things have not been treated in the best way there. Many people have died and suffered there and I don't think that anyone should try to score from the situation there.

As far as the copyright laws, they are more strict in the US than in many European countries. One should not forget though, that all pro-shot and pro-recorded Elvis material comes from the U.S. The first copy has to be made there......

Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:53 am

I am not American (unfortunately).

Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:00 am

[quote=] As far as the copyright laws, they are more strict in the US than in many European countries. One should not forget though, that all pro-shot and pro-recorded Elvis material comes from the U.S. The first copy has to be made there......[/quote]

I didn't mean to imply that our laws were better...I doubt they are. Its just too close to our law enforcement.

And yes thank god someone in the US made the copies!!!!!

bpd

Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:07 am

Spellbinder wrote:
Thomas wrote:From another point of view, one could say that our land is the only place where laws are beeing respected 8)

Especially, as we all saw recently, in New Orleans.

I take great offence. This board isn't for nation bashing!

New Orleans didn't go well. That's correct. We didn't think that some of the stuff that happened ever would.

How do you know (really know) that it wouldn't happen in your country? I find that most countries have something to be ashamed of if they are honest enough with themselves.

bpd

Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:27 pm

At least taking offence is not as objectionable as taking innocent Iraqi lives.

Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:40 pm

this was not intended for nation bashing at all,, i was just simply stating something about copyright laws...some things get blown out of text

Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:24 pm

epfan22 wrote:this was not intended for nation bashing at all,, i was just simply stating something about copyright laws...some things get blown out of text

My comments were not directed at you and I don't think that the others were either.

bpd

Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:31 pm

Spellbinder wrote:At least taking offence is not as objectionable as taking innocent Iraqi lives.

No point in continuing on in this direction...let's just stick to something that we can agree upon. Like say...Elvis for instance...

Have a good day Spellbinder.

bpd

Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:48 pm

was not taking it personally

Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:24 pm

(deleted - see guidelines #9) wrote:Lest we forget that the very person whom is worshipped here was, and is American.

So (deleted - see guidelines #9) actually worships Elvis. That should tell us all just how much his opinion is worth about more earthly matters.

Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:20 pm

Defined or not defined, the USA will stay the greatest country in this world and I will keep coming back no matter how many stupid people will continue to criticise Mr Bush and the Americans just because it is courteous now. I doubt that many of them have ever been to the US and/or Irak.

I am a very sensitive human beeing, I care about other people. But people seem to stop thinking and instead parroting some left guys that are terrorising the media everywhere.

Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:48 pm

Let´s keep things.....Elvis.

Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:51 pm

Unfortunately you are right.

Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:55 pm

I've made my point :wink: