Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Best Import DVD for early television apperances?

Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:42 pm

What's the best import DVD to pick up if one is trying to get a hold of many of Elvis' early 1956 and 1957 television apperances? I know I have also seen one title that inlcudes the Frank Sinatra Timex performances material as well.

Thanks,
Mike C

Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:03 pm

Yes, I'd like to know too....

Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:21 pm

Hi!
You can see some appearances on The TV Show Live Collection, a Japanese release. It has Japanese subtitles when Elvis speaks.
Also, His Early Performances, which contains the same musical performances as the Japanese release. This one is on ebay all the time.

Both feature some numbers from Dorsey Show, S. Allen, M. Berle and Sullivan.
I prefer the picture quality of the Japanese release, despite the subtitles.

Hope this is of any help!

Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:15 pm

The "Elvis Presley On Stage" bootleg DVD has all the same material than the Japanese release. However, many of clips on this DVD have been borrowed from official releases and earlier bootleg VHS-releases. The main selling point for me was the inclusion of the whole I Want You, I Need You, I Love You (preceding sketch and all) from the second Milton Berle show: the picture quality was pretty bad, though. :cry: (However, the preceding dialogue was in good quality...?)

Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:09 pm

Scott and Pat T:
Thanks for your help. I'm look for these on ebay. Have a nice weekend.

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:51 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D .

Yes, I agree with Scott, the best release is Elvis on Stage 8) 8) 8) . I have had different releases in the past, and this surpassed all of them in layout and contents. All the best. :wink: :wink: :wink: .

Mike windgren.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:24 pm

There's a v good cheapo DVD out there called
"Most famous Hits" Elvis Presley His early performances.

Made in Germany & readily available in Australia.
21 TV performances & also the S.Allen sketch.

Great value for money at around AU$10!
Same quality as Japanese release.

Look here
http://www.raucousshop.co.uk/static/PID5705.htm
Note - I know absolutely nothing about the supplier & just googled it for a picture.

Cheers
Piers

Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:43 pm

Piers...

Howard Raucous has one off if not,the cheapest cds/dvds mail order set up on the net bar none.

I have been buying stuff from Howard for over 20 years,and if your looking for a cd that came out many years ago and can"t track it down,he"s your man to go search for you.

And he and the wife are great folk to meet up with and have a talk about EP and other stuff in the rockin" scene.