Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

The second picture in this article

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:08 am

I just saw this article on the EIN http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/the_sec ... sley.shtml

The second picture shows Elvis in a couch with a young boy...The interesting thing to me is, that it looks like he's wearing his 1968 leather suit. Am I right? For me it's the first time to see a picture of EP in this suit not performing on stage. Probably taken before or between shows,,,

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:16 am

Image
Image

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:19 am

Yeah, these have been around a while, they were taken after one of the shows, but I don't know which one.

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:20 am

Here is another alternate shot! It's funny you should mention about this shot, as I have always wondered when/ where that first shot (the airport one) was taken!! Anyone know!?

Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:48 pm

Something I noticed.. Elvis is wearing a ring on his left hand, which he didn't do during one of the sit down shows.. I don't have access to enough pictures or footage at the moment, but it might help indicate a date for the shots..

Kev.

Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:55 pm

Nice pics...anyone knows who is the boy??

Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:07 pm

Great pix - great to see Elvis relaxing that way. As for the boy - wished it was me!
rick

Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:43 pm

Pa?...you sure this is Gene vincent?.

Pa :shock:

:P


The wall looks like one of the dressing rooms in vegas,must have been the in thing at that time.

Great pic"s.

Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:39 pm

The boy is thingys son. Darn it, i'm having one of those moments again.

Doo-dah.........grrr... the guy who was in control, not Steve Binder...Smirnoff (no thanks I'm driving) .....something like that Tom Sarnoff ? Is that the right name ? anyways, i gotta get back to work...

Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:58 pm

Steve_M wrote:The boy is thingys son. Darn it, i'm having one of those moments again.

Doo-dah.........grrr... the guy who was in control, not Steve Binder...Smirnoff (no thanks I'm driving) .....something like that Tom Sarnoff ? Is that the right name ? anyways, i gotta get back to work...


OK, I admit it!! IT'S ME!!!!!! My full name is Tom Sarnoff in North Carolina. Thanks for outing me Steve...........you BASTARD!! Now everyone will treat me differently and it's all YOUR fault. Rest assured my fine on again/off again moderator friend that vengeance will indeed be mine!!!!Image

Tom (Sarnoff in North Carolina)

Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:15 pm

Elvis looks like a beautiful woman in the first pic :oops:

Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:37 pm

Image

Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:40 pm

:|

Re: The second picture in this article

Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:31 am

kkn wrote:... it it looks like he's wearing his 1968 leather suit. Am I right? For me it's the first time to see a picture of EP in this suit not performing on stage. Probably taken before or between shows,,,

You are correct, these photos are backstage at NBC-TV's Studio 4 in Burbank, after Elvis' second black leather stand-up taping for his TV Special. It was Saturday night, June 29, and he'd complete his work for the now-classic broadcast the next day. The boy is apparently a producer's son.

These were first published in "Tiger Man 68" (JAT, 1998) a very good Tunzi photojournal.

DJC

Re: The second picture in this article

Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:05 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
kkn wrote:... it it looks like he's wearing his 1968 leather suit. Am I right? For me it's the first time to see a picture of EP in this suit not performing on stage. Probably taken before or between shows,,,

You are correct, these photos are backstage at NBC-TV's Studio 4 in Burbank, after Elvis' second black leather stand-up taping for his TV Special. It was Saturday night, June 29, and he'd complete his work for the now-classic broadcast the next day. The boy is apparently a producer's son.

These were first published in "Tiger Man 68" (JAT, 1998) a very good Tunzi photojournal.

DJC


as always, great info Doc and I Thank You!!!

ELvis looks outstanding and June 29 jus happens to be my Birthday!!! 8)

Very KOOL and Thanks again...

Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:06 pm

I believe the boy is Terry Mike Jeffrey, then again maybe not but it's one of the crop of current ETA's.

Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:31 pm

ME4EP wrote:I believe the boy is Terry Mike Jeffrey, then again maybe not but it's one of the crop of current ETA's.


While the kid in the photo does resemble a young Terry Mike Jeffrey, it's not him. Terry talks on his website about having met Elvis Aug. 1, 1969 backstage at the International Hotel in Las Vegas. How a 15-year-old kid got back there is anyone's guess, and Terry's good fortune!

Image

Re: The second picture in this article

Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:30 am

minkahed wrote:as always, great info Doc and I Thank You!!!

Thank you for your compliment.

I'm always happy to help the good people of this MB.

DJC