Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Shop Elvis - Isn't It So Strange?

Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:55 am

Up until midnight last night (the end of the free shipping event at shop Elvis) Tickle Me, Today, & All Shook Up were not available. A phone call to them revealed that they did not have them in stock because they were not released yet. I informed them that this was not so. They changed their story and said they were out and soon would have them. Guess what....they now have all three on line and ready to order....Free Shipping is over.....oh well....

Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:18 am

sounds like typical and usual bullshit from the typical and usual EPE...

Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:28 am

That is really wierd... they apparently didn't want to sell the brand new batch that had just come out, with the free shipping. Strange indeed! I ended up taking them up on their offer though and ordering Flashback and Rocking Across Texas, and am glad I did. They are great, I really love the Rocking Across Texas FTD, it is much better in this format than the original book. Good stuff!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Re: Shop Elvis - Isn't It So Strange?

Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:30 am

Deke Rivers II wrote:Guess what....they now have all three on line and ready to order....Free Shipping is over.

I seem to be receiving some sarcasm in your post. I'm sure that this is just a coincidence that they now have these FTD's available at just the exact moment that the free shipping offer expired. Shop Elvis has only our best interest in mind and I'm sure that they are feeling badly that things have turned out this way. As a matter of fact, I'll bet that they will extend the offer of free shipping for another month because of this. I expect the announcement to happen at any time now.

Furthermore, I'm sure that they'll also throw in a free Elvis duck with each order for any inconvenience that it may have caused.

Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:56 pm

Ohhh, I thought I had forgotten this idea of Elvis ducks and you reminded me once more :lol: :lol:
Quack!

Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:06 pm

What a bunch of $%@!$^Q*~*! over there.

I'm buying 'em used. :evil:

Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:35 pm

That's the way to breed loyalty in customers!!!! Good Job Shop Elvis. :twisted:

Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:37 pm

Face it... they know the game... its like shooting fish in a barrel!! :lol: :lol:

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:15 pm

I mentioned they were most likey going to do this as far as the free shipping goes on another thread. It's funny I tried to order "Tickle me" and "Today" and guess what I had to call and the people were rude and actually hung up on me, I called back and had had enough and ended up hanging up them. There stupid online service won't allow me to order onlinebecause of the stupid Address verification system. I guess I'm going to have to not buy any more FTD's, because I really can't afford to buy Elsewhere. I have been an Elvis fan for about 20 years I have bought the endless re-issues, and up until this batch of FTD's, I've bought all of them. I have also put up with the endless delays, the overpiced merchandise and I'm just fed up with it. You know what's even more aggravating, It's not like I can go elsewhere to buy the stuff. Great job FTD, would love to buy the product, but unfortunately because of the idiots working for EPE I can't get them. Never had a problem with EPE until recently, now there new company is about as useless as tits on a bull. The Colonel would be pi$$ed, Imagine EPE NOT taking my money. Good job EPE. Keep Pi$$ing the fans off and you won't have to worry about making the F***ing ducks and putting out calanders with same pictures from year to year, or stuffed rockin' Teddy bears that you prioritize over the actual videos and discs. That's what elvis was all about, Toilet seat covers and shower curtains, takes a real winner to think up that stuff. What next, Elvis Condoms? God knows you wouldn't want to dig through the vaults and release some never before seen footage. The only thing that they've done right is releasing the complete footage of Aloha and the comback and they still screwed them up. I've had it with EPE.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Does this website still sell the FTD's????????? Maybe they are cheaper or at least within the price range, I've ordered before, I just don't remember the price.

Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:49 pm

As for the EPE employee that was rude to you, you should've taken the name down of that employee and let the head honchos know about it.
I can't guarantee that Jack Soden, Todd Morgan, or whoever would've done anything about it, or maybe they might have??.

Also, as for the free shipping thing (and then all of a sudden they have the stuff), I would've reported it to EPE - over the fact that the free shipping was advertised and that you were given the royal runaround.

If I had been subjeted to the runaround, and rude behavior from the EPE employee, I would've contacted Jack, Todd, Fan Relations, etc.

I'm not out to defend the people running the show at EPE, but they ought to be made aware of the things going on.
It would help to mention to them (in the nicest way possible) that Elvis would not have taken kindly to an Elvis fan being treated shabbily.

BTW, when I was in Memphis for EW05, I missed out on the EPE Fan Forum event (I arrived on the night of August 11).
Did anybody on this board attend the event?
Considering some of the things that have said about EPE on this board, I figure that some on this board would've been there asking the questions that needed to be asked.

Tom (from Ohio)

Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:51 pm

Kingtiger0321 wrote:
Does this website still sell the FTD's????????? Maybe they are cheaper or at least within the price range, I've ordered before, I just don't remember the price.

Sorry to hear of your miserable experience with Shop Elvis. I am thankful that I have never used them once. I used Paul Dowling a few times for non-FTD items, and while he has a good selection, I found his prices to be a little to high.

Yes, this site still sells FTDs and they are great. I have gotten every one of my FTDs (and I have all but five) from them. Since you live in the US, you'll probably end up spaking with Claude. He is the best - he'll take care of you. Willem is also great too.

FECC's price per each FTD is $31.00 (exlcuding the books) and this includes shipping. They always come nicely packaged.

Hope this helps.

Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:54 pm

Mike C wrote:
Kingtiger0321 wrote:

Sorry to hear of your miserable experience with Shop Elvis. I am thankful that I have never used them once. I used Paul Dowling a few times for non-FTD items, and while he has a good selection, I found his prices to be a little to high.

Yes, this site still sells FTDs and they are great. I have gotten every one of my FTDs (and I have all but five) from them. Since you live in the US, you'll probably end up spaking with Claude. He is the best - he'll take care of you. Willem is also great too.

FECC's price per each FTD is $31.00 (exlcuding the books) and this includes shipping. They always come nicely packaged.

Hope this helps.

That's not too bad with shipping, it's only a couple more dollars than shopelvis, with shipping. I've delt with Willem in the past, very nice person to do business with, Paul Dowlings ok too, but to pricey. how would I get in touch with Willem???

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:11 pm

Kingtiger0321 wrote:
Mike C wrote:
Kingtiger0321 wrote:

Hope this helps.

That's not too bad with shipping, it's only a couple more dollars than shopelvis, with shipping. I've delt with Willem in the past, very nice person to do business with, Paul Dowlings ok too, but to pricey. how would I get in touch with Willem???

Try mailing Willem or Claude at fecc@elvis-collectors.com.

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:37 pm

One thing I did notice about the FTD's @ shopelvis is that they are still (or were last night) @ $24.99. All the shops around Graceland had raised their prices to $29.99 just in time for Elvis Week..... I bought all 3 of the new releases at the shops because I never could seem to get them at shopelvis.... I think I'm seeing a pattern here......

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:52 pm

Are the FTD's still shipping out of Memphis? I ordered & received Flashback this week, the return address was somewhere in New Jersey. Also, I did not receive a 'your order has shipped' email as I did previously before the change.

Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:46 am

eSolutions which took over from fanbuzz is based in New Jersey.

Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:08 am

Thank you Mike C. I have sent an e-mail off to them and hopefully they get back, I know from past experence in dealing with them, they are awesome. I just didn't have there information when I switched computers.
Once the "hold" shopelvis has put on my bank account goes away I will order from FECC, if they actually charge my account I will take the order this time, but start buying when the next FTD's come out.

Thanks a million.

GEORGE.

Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:59 pm

hounddawgs6499 wrote:As for the EPE employee that was rude to you, you should've taken the name down of that employee and let the head honchos know about it.
I can't guarantee that Jack Soden, Todd Morgan, or whoever would've done anything about it, or maybe they might have??.

Also, as for the free shipping thing (and then all of a sudden they have the stuff), I would've reported it to EPE - over the fact that the free shipping was advertised and that you were given the royal runaround.

If I had been subjeted to the runaround, and rude behavior from the EPE employee, I would've contacted Jack, Todd, Fan Relations, etc.

I'm not out to defend the people running the show at EPE, but they ought to be made aware of the things going on.
It would help to mention to them (in the nicest way possible) that Elvis would not have taken kindly to an Elvis fan being treated shabbily.

BTW, when I was in Memphis for EW05, I missed out on the EPE Fan Forum event (I arrived on the night of August 11).
Did anybody on this board attend the event?
Considering some of the things that have said about EPE on this board, I figure that some on this board would've been there asking the questions that needed to be asked.

Tom (from Ohio)

Tom I know you're not really defending them, and you do have a point, they can't address what they don't know. Do happen to have any of the e-mail addresses of the above people?

Thanks,

GEORGE.

Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:26 pm

George,

While I don't have their email addresses in front of me at this moment, I sent you a PM with some info that might come in handy.

Tom (from Ohio)

Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:38 pm

Thanks Tom, I sent them a letter.

Thanks again,

George

Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:29 pm

Does anyone know if the still offer free shipping during Thanksgiving week in US?