Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

ELVISBAY, BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:15 pm

Fellows, I´ve been ripped off again (I don´t know how many times now), hereby goes out a warning to people dealing with ELVISBAY and the widdow of late great Rick Rennie.
Not only once, but twice wasn´t the material delivered to me. Foolish me sent another $100 for additional material when the first package got lost she said. She claimed she´s got all the money, but no packages were ever delivered to me. She refuses to reply to emails and "isn´t" in when I´m calling for the 10th timne or so!
Man this really pisses me off, I´d like to take a p**s on her that´s for sure.
Why advertise anything if you don´t intend to part with it?! Total tossers.
The other people of Elvisbay didn´t help me either, so A WARNING FRIENDS. CAREFUL DEALING WITH ELVISBAY.

Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:13 pm

I say post her email and home address and phone # and let's let her know what we think of her business practices.Image

Tom

Re: ELVISBAY, BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:03 pm

@drghanem

I'm sorry to correct you, but you didn't do any deal with ElvisBay. We, at ElvisBay, only listed the items from Rick Rennies collection and forwarded all orders to Jamie. Everything else was just between you and her.

We did however help you with your problems were we could, we mailed her and even phoned her many times. There's nothing more that we can/could do, believe me!

We started this whole thing just to help her getting out of her financial troubles. It turned out to be the worst thing we ever did. You're not the only one who faced troubles, but you seem to be the only one who's problems are not solved. We've got some unpleasent remarks from other fans and even from Jamie and Ricks daughter when we tried to solve the problems that arose.
And again, the only thing we wanted to do was help.

We ended up warning all fans interested in buying something from the lists (which also was our reason to keep the list online). The result was that no items were sold from that time on.

I can also say (again) that I'm sorry this happened, but there's nothing I can do. If you were treated bad, you've got every right in the world to be mad. I would do the same, but you shouldn't accuse any people that were not involved. It was a deal between you and Jamie.
This whole operation took a lot of time, money and frustration. This was the first and the last time I ever did something like this.

Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:51 am

Lately I´ve unfortunately dealt with some sorry a**-holes who has ripped me off. Don´t know if I can take this anymore without action.
This lady really sickens me, I dealt with Rick in ´99 and ´00, trading Jimmy Ellis CD-R´s to some of his Elvis-magazines and he was always very nice just like I am.
He´s a legend himself, he taped some incredible Elvis-shows. I thought that Jamie would be kind also, but I was way wrong.

Edited - See guidelines 7

Don´t expect any replies though, she went incognito, damn lady took $200 of my hard-earned dish-washing money, I´d throw her in the lake!

EP

Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:04 am

Aw Yes. The Wonderful World Of Elvis, it really makes you wonder, what type of thrill these people get, when they steal other peoples money, but keep in mind. What Goes Around Comes Around.

Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:47 am

Sorry to hear you got ripped off. Makes me feel fortunate I didn't get ripped off by her. I bought 10 or so boots from her Pure Diamonds 1 & 2 , And The Lights Went Down, Double Dynamite, Black Diamond, The Legend Lives On, One Night In Portland, Back In Portland, and Hang Loose. I thought it was cool to get some of the shows he recorded from the Rick Rennie collection. Anyway this was like a year and a half ago.

I'm sure we all have our horror stories about getting ripped off, I think I've been ripped off about 3 or 4 times buying Elvis stuff and once buying Dylan boots. All in all I figure I've probably been ripped off close to $1000. It gets me so mad when I think about it I feel like killing someone. I don't know where people get off thinking they're entitled to someone's hard earned money for nothing in return. But all you can do is hope they get what they got coming to them and try to sniff out deals better in the future. I guess it's the risk you run when trying to hunt down rare cd's or other collectables.

Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:09 am

drghanem, if I were you I would go to my local police and press charges (that is the same that I'm gonna do, real soon, with a seller on Amazon.com - but I won at an auction the infamous "Elvis: What Happened?" book on March 31 that he hasn't delivered).

And KempoDick, if you are the administrator for the site elvisbay.com - then why don't you shut it down?? Before some more Elvis fans get hurt?

...the line of that great song comes to mind: "I'm so hurt..."

Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:25 pm

The problem with buying items by mail, either through the internet or from mailorder lists, is that from time to time something goes wrong.

I found out that several times I did not receive an item, it was due to it getting lost in the mail or seller putting a wrong address on it. If one lives at number 234 and the seller puts 23 on it, it gets delivered at the wrong home. And no, the mailman does not look at the name on the door, just the number.
Also it would not be the first time someone 2 streets from where I live comes to my door saying "I got a letter/small parcel for you". Only last month I got a small parcel which was for a friend 2 streets away from where I live.

Or a lost registered parcel that was delivered to the wrong post-office when I was not at home when the mailman tried to deliver it. After which I made the remark to a supervisor "If you guys can't read, why not use different coloured stickers for the different post-offices?". Which they now use!

If you buy through Amazon and such, you get good help if an item does not arrive. If you buy through Ebay you can leave negative feedback if a seller does not help. (Remember that you can pay extra for registered mail!)

Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:38 pm

One can also leave negative feedback for a third-party seller on Amazon - but this guy doesn't even answer my emails!! Not even when I asked him where in h*** my order was (and I gave him the order number)!

This is nothing more than a robbery in broad daylight. And, of course, it bugs the heck out of me

Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:29 pm

My advice is to report missing goods to eBay; they are very helpful retrieving your money (for a small fee, of course... :roll: )

I've been ripped off twice; buying a graphics card and 200 DVD-R's.
On the first occation even the FBI was involved, and I got my money back after 6 months. The second time I reported it to eBay. They took action, and I got my money back in less than 14 days.

So, I'm thinking, I am a poor sod who lives in Norway, and I lost 1000USD in total. There's a wee bit more crime to handle over there than over here. Still, they helped me, and I was somehow impressed with that. You feel utterly helpless when you've lost hard earned cash into the endless realm of cyberspace, but these measures work. Use them!

Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:45 pm

FVH wrote:On the first occation even the FBI was involved, and I got my money back after 6 months.

That was YOU!!!! :wink:

Tom

Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:33 pm

That was YOU!!!!

You bet!

I may have made a blooper here, since I don't know if Elvisbay is a part of eBay...

Anyway, there are measures to be taken against theft on the internet; my impression is that the right authoroties are on high alert regarding filth like this.

Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:00 pm

I agree that Ebay was very helpful and refunded me the maximum they could refund one time which was $175, but since I didn't pay with a credit card through PayPal I couldn't get reimbursed. So lesson here is always pay with a credit card when using PayPal. Still I was out like $250 on that one. There's was another time when I sent cash on a deal outside of Ebay and there was really nothing I could do, the guy just disappeared wouldn't respond to e-mails you know the story.

The worst was a guy who had not perfect but very good feedback on Ebay, and I did a deal for about $500 with him. The guy never sent anything for a month, so I filed a claim with PayPal. He then accused me of fraud and all sorts of other crap. Then when PayPal contacted him he then sent 1 cd out registered of the 20 he was supposed to send. And of course there was no return address on the package. Because he proved he sent something, there was nothing PayPal could do. I'm trying to see if my credit card company can offer any protection, I just filled out all the paper work so we'll see. He has been suspended from Ebay which is good. But I'm sure he'll pop up under another identity someday.

Over the last 6 or 7 years I've had literally hundreds of transactions on Ebay or through the internet. And I've only had a handful of problems that weren't resolved. So I guess that's not too bad. I just try to rationalize it to make myself feel better, I figure I've found some really great deals over the years on Ebay so I'm probably still in pretty good shape.

Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:11 pm

These people sickens me, and I only think it´s fair to name as many of them as possible to prevent them from stealing again. Thieves are what they are, and should be punished hard.
Nothing I can do about Rick Rennies widdow, I guess as I´m in Sweden, hope someone else will.

Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:13 pm

What I would do is contact the Postal Inspectors. These guys are like the FBI of mail. If you only got one disc instead of 20, the postage would show that. And you're a victim of mail fraud...so call them.

Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:30 pm

Ross Carpenter wrote:Over the last 6 or 7 years I've had literally hundreds of transactions on Ebay or through the internet. And I've only had a handful of problems that weren't resolved. So I guess that's not too bad.

Checking out their feedback rating before dealing with them goes a long way. There have been sellers who have been slow to send my merchandise, but I've never completely been stiffed on eBay.

Unless they have at least a 98% feedback rating, they'll not get my money.