Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Help With Id'ing early to mid 80's Videocassette release!

Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:03 pm

Hello All! I'm new to the site but it looks like there's alot of cool people and good information around here. I'm going to have some fun!! But I'd like to ask for any and all help in finding the Title and any other information on tracking down this obscure video.
I was working at a Wherehouse Records store in San Diego in the early 80's and we also stocked rental vhs and beta movies. A title came in of Elvis and from what I can remember it was a later concert shot from the audience with a super 8mm Sound camera. The quality was surprisingly good and at one point towards the end of the show Elvis asks the audience if they mind if he took off his guitar. Then he 'fesses' up that he's only been using it for a prop and would they mind if he just sings? To which the audience goes nuts and applauds like crazy. I'm thinking that it was put out by the company 'Media Entertainment', those people that used to put out alot of quasi legal Rock titles back then. But, I cant find ANY information on this or even the title of the release. So, if anybody can lend a helping hand I would appreciate it. Thanks to all!! Koolb

Re: Help With Id'ing early to mid 80's Videocassette release

Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:33 am

koolbv wrote:Hello All! I'm new to the site but it looks like there's alot of cool people and good information around here. I'm going to have some fun!! But I'd like to ask for any and all help in finding the Title and any other information on tracking down this obscure video.
I was working at a Wherehouse Records store in San Diego in the early 80's and we also stocked rental vhs and beta movies. A title came in of Elvis and from what I can remember it was a later concert shot from the audience with a super 8mm Sound camera. The quality was surprisingly good and at one point towards the end of the show Elvis asks the audience if they mind if he took off his guitar. Then he 'fesses' up that he's only been using it for a prop and would they mind if he just sings? To which the audience goes nuts and applauds like crazy. I'm thinking that it was put out by the company 'Media Entertainment', those people that used to put out alot of quasi legal Rock titles back then. But, I cant find ANY information on this or even the title of the release. So, if anybody can lend a helping hand I would appreciate it. Thanks to all!! Koolb

Im sorry I cant help you, but this sounds very interesting. Do you have any more info about it? Do you remeber what was the Jumpsuit Elvis was wearing?

Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:49 am

Sorta sounds like the sit down show from 68. What was the name of that VHS they released of that show? One Night With You... I think. Its not recorded from the audience though. Did he have on his black leather suit? Because he never kept his guitar on all through a show in the 70s just the first 2 songs or so.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:48 am

I remember the footage you are talking about because I saw it too. It was a video of nothing but 8MM fan filmed footage. I never did figure out how it made it's way into video stores in the 80's. I first saw it in 1983.

It started with some silent footage from Chicago '72. It also featured clips with sound from Chicago October 14, 1976 and May 1 & 2, 1977.

Also Kansas City June 18, 1977 and Cincinnati March 21, 1976 (ripping his pants during Polk Salad Annie.)

The footage is still available on a two DVD set. I've had it for some time now. The name of it is Touring The Nation.

I have seen it on eBay, even though I've not seen it lately.

I hope this helps.