Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Japanese 24bit re-mastered CD's

Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:27 pm

What's the story on these releases? I've seen them crop up on various threads and it sounds like they're a bit special. The series has been re-released, are they worth seeking out?

Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:33 pm

Hell yes, they are one of a kind!

They are exact replicas of the original Lp and, in most cases, the mix is of the same EQ of the original as well.

where did you see or hear these were being re-released?

Japanese 24bit re-mastered CD's

Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:50 pm

Yes, they was released on 16th.august. They used the same masters from BMG, but according some source Elvis Christmas Album is the best, it used new tapes discovered in 1999, and so sounded better than others. In all CDs, unfortunately, the bonus tracks are missing. Only 1.000 of each was made.

Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:00 am

Damn,
where can we find the Big Cardboardbox incl. all 30 CD's?
They are great.

Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:18 am

Individual CD's are available on ebay direct from Japan at $20 each and $500 for the set c/w box. However, the set is advertised as a 20 disc set?

http://search.ebay.com/ELVIS-JAPAN-CD_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:25 am

I considered buying these......but FTD has won out for me. I'd rather wait for these albums to be issued in the 7" format. From a collectors point of view the Paper Sleeves are great but I want a single definitive collection of Elvis' album output.

Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:25 am

Delboy wrote:Individual CD's are available on ebay direct from Japan at $20 each and $500 for the set c/w box. However, the set is advertised as a 20 disc set?

http://search.ebay.com/ELVIS-JAPAN-CD_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

Dodgy batch of abacuses or is that abicusi ?

Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:52 am

That seems a bit steep, $100 for the box alone!

Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:35 pm

I love these releases, they are excellent

The sound is superb and the covers are also superb.

"On Stage" and the "68 Comeback" are the original album line up, which is nice to have again.

The "Aloha From Hawaii" isn't, it's got the My Way dialogue and it also seems to have a few flaws in it.... in places. Also some splices in the audience applause. I would have liked it to be exactly the same as the original album.

One thing about the Aloha album though is the cover, it as the original album cover with the picture of Elvis through a hole. So when you slide the CD inner sleeve out you get the full shot of Elvis.... Very Nice.

Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:11 pm

Joe Lightcloud wrote:I love these releases, they are excellent

The sound is superb and the covers are also superb.

"On Stage" and the "68 Comeback" are the original album line up, which is nice to have again.

I am kind of happy that I bought the first version of On Stage released on CD in the early 1990s, since it features the original line up of songs, original dialouge and the overdubbed masters of several of these songs. This is one album I would love to see FTD revamp in the 7" inch format. Better yet, release the album mainstream - its a killer album with Elvis at his very best in Vegas. And, yes, they could add the additional bonus tracks, including the fantastic version of Suspcious Minds found on the old LP Behind Closed Doors.

Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:22 pm

Mike,

I also got a copy of the original "On Stage" album on CD from way back, I believe mine is a Australian import, but the Japan version is far superior sound to that one. Also my Australian copy does not have the original back cover art, unlike the super Japan copy.

Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:29 pm

Joe Lightcloud wrote:Mike,

I also got a copy of the original "On Stage" album on CD from way back, I believe mine is a Australian import, but the Japan version is far superior sound to that one. Also my Australian copy does not have the original back cover art, unlike the super Japan copy.

The American version also contains original album art as well, plus it also gives the dates of the overdubs made by Felton.

Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:32 pm

I have the great original LP and CD and then the strangely inferior '99
version, which is still good to have.

Recently got the companion bootleg
"GOOD TIMES NEVER SEEMED SO GOOD" too

Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:26 pm

Can anyone else confirm that there is an improved sound quality difference on the Elvis Christmas Album re-release mini lp cd due to a supposedly better tape source????