Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Strange TTWII Dates

Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:11 pm

I was looking at the tracklistings for the concerts recorded for TTWII.

Disc 2 of the TTWII box is supposed to be from Aug 12 MS.

Looking at the elvisconcerts.com database, it appears to be the Aug 13 MS.

This must have been noticed before, surely?

Are individual TTWII shows available? I've never dabbled with FTD, btw.

Re: Strange TTWII Dates

Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:23 pm

Keggyhander wrote:I was looking at the tracklistings for the concerts recorded for TTWII.

Disc 2 of the TTWII box is supposed to be from Aug 12 MS.

It isn`t supoosed to be...it is...any other info is wrong..

Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:12 pm

Keggyhander -

There used to be some confusion with the date of shows starting at midnight.

Should these be dated the same as the dinner show or the next day ?

This confusion existed even with RCA sound engineers, some of whom got it wrong.

Ernst now dates midnight shows with the same date as the dinner shows.

Even though, technically, they are performed the next day !

Maybe some of the websites haven't updated to this.

Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:18 pm

I thought this was just totally out to do this on here.

I am really confused by what is acceptabe and what is not.

btw, those are incomplete "sets" if there's only 11, right ?

Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:21 pm

Trade forum?.

Just a view.

Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:29 pm

For me: if the concert started on August 12th then it is August 12th in my opinion.
I guess that´s why BMG put August 12th....

Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:42 pm

Yeah, just imagine all midnight shows actually started at 10 seconds to midnight then the date should be the one then about to end.

Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:01 pm

Would be interesting to see a ticket....

Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:05 pm

Steve_M wrote:I thought this was just totally out to do this on here.

I am really confused by what is acceptabe and what is not.

btw, those are incomplete "sets" if there's only 11, right ?

Steve,

I didn't start the thread for people to talk about the outtake footage.

I was just confused over the date of CD2 from the TTWII box set when compared to the elvisconcerts database.

Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:12 pm

No Keggy you numpty, not you, look at the post above mine from Ryan and the guidelines as published on this site, namely number 11, ..
..Consequently it will be now PROHIBITED to advertise the sales / trades of illegal products on this Forum.

Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:18 pm

You're right, Steve.
Putting this stuff for sale on here is definitely a no-no.

At least that's what we were told.

However, in case it's ok now, I've got an Indy soundboard for sale as well as the Fringe jumpsuit.

Also, some pro shot footage from Vegas 1972 that I've been hoarding. Also, some white panties from 1965 from some chicks wrestling around at Graceland.

Let me know and I'll let this stuff go at a reasonable price.

Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:26 pm

Steve_M wrote:No Keggy you numpty,

I'll take that as a :wink: .

But, back on topic, this is why I'm puzzled:

This is NOT the set list that is on the TTWII Disc2.

This, however, is:

Note the Suit. On the TTWII disc2 he makes a clear reference to his chains at the start of Hound Dog.

Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:07 am

Well you'd have to take that up with Francesc as he would know regarding the data on that. I appreciate my name is at the bottom of the search utility but that was for writing the coding script, not the data that was used for it.

Personally I believe the data in this case to be wrong, but Francesc would know more about that than I.

Yes, consider "numpty" to be nothing worse than what I call myself most times :lol:

Rob, shove your jumpsuit out in the charity bag, lend the footage out to the rotary club to burn with their projector but give me a frickin first refusal on those white panties :wink: If I can't afford to buy them would you consider hiring them out to me on a rate of pay per sniff ?

Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:12 am

This one should be correct for.August 13. DS:

Opening Theme; That's All Right; I Got A Woman; Hound Dog; Love Me Tender; Don't Cry Daddy/In The Ghetto*; I Just Can't Help Believing; Stranger In The Crowed; Make The World Go Away*; Sweet Caroline; You've Lost That Loving Feeling; Polk Salad Annie; Introductions; The Wonder Of You*; Heartbreak Hotel; Blue Suede Shoes; One Night; All Shook Up; Bridge Over Troubled Water; Suspicious Minds; Can't Help Falling

According to my info he wore the Red Ladder suit-Original Belt...

Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:50 am

Rob -

I'm quite interested in the white panties.

Have they been laundered ?

Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:12 pm

Ciscoking wrote:This one should be correct for.August 13. DS:

Opening Theme; That's All Right; I Got A Woman; Hound Dog; Love Me Tender; Don't Cry Daddy/In The Ghetto*; I Just Can't Help Believing; Stranger In The Crowed; Make The World Go Away*; Sweet Caroline; You've Lost That Loving Feeling; Polk Salad Annie; Introductions; The Wonder Of You*; Heartbreak Hotel; Blue Suede Shoes; One Night; All Shook Up; Bridge Over Troubled Water; Suspicious Minds; Can't Help Falling

That´s what I´ve always known...

Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:45 pm

renanagulled wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:This one should be correct for.August 13. DS:

That´s what I´ve always known...

I'm not on about the Aug 13th (red ladder suit) dinner show. If you look at the two tableaux I posted they refer to the MIDNIGHT SHOWS from the 12th and the 13th.

Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:06 pm

Keggyhander wrote:
Steve_M wrote:No Keggy you numpty,

I'll take that as a :wink: .

But, back on topic, this is why I'm puzzled:

This is NOT the set list that is on the TTWII Disc2.

This, however, is:

Note the Suit. On the TTWII disc2 he makes a clear reference to his chains at the start of Hound Dog.

It´s really strange these pictures.... The tracklisting for August 12 MS in the way mentioned above is mixed with the dinner show of the same day...
PATCH IT UP, TWENTY DAYS AND TWENTY NIGHTS and I JUST CAN´T HELP BELIEVING are from the dinner show and not the MS...

Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:18 pm

It seems they've pasted a swatch of dinner show songs in by mistake.

Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:49 pm

I would not open a new thread, but I will use this one here...

Does someone have the tracklisting of the August, 13, 1970 MS concert ???

Thanks in advance guys.