Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Remastered songs from Raised on Rock

Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:11 am

Are there remastered masters of "Find out what´s happening" and "If you don´t come back"?

Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:53 am

these songs were remastered only as outtakes on the cd RYTHYM AND COUNTRY in 1998.

That cd, IMHO, sounds great!

I have the re-issue Raised On Rock cd from '94 and it's not much, jus slighty, of an improvement over the original Lp, IMO.

I have heard that the Japanese 20 bit remaster blows the US version away!?

guess we'll have to wait for the upcoming FTD release!

Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:01 am

The Japanese version turns this album into a little masterpiece of soul and funk. I never really liked this album untill I got my ears on the Japanese edition.

Peter

Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:03 am

Thank you Minkahead. I have got R&C and the -94 issue. I think it´s a shame that these songs were not included in the 70's masters box set. Two good songs that we should have in the best quality. Still the outtakes on R&C are good, but If you don´t come back lacks something that the Raised on rock version has. The version of "Find out.." is better on R&C than on Raised on rock even though JD:s part should be removed.

Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:00 pm

Peter66 wrote:The Japanese version turns this album into a little masterpiece of soul and funk. I never really liked this album untill I got my ears on the Japanese edition.

Peter


Sadly, there's the opportunity that the Japanese version will also blow the upcoming FTD Raised On Rock cd away...

But let's not hope so! Let's hope they will (or may already have done) do their homework regarding this upcoming release...

Br
Kristian

Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:20 pm

RYTHYM AND COUNTRY is a great CD and one of the best released in my opinion. A pity they didn´t emphasize that we had alternate takes in the cover!

Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:35 pm

"RHYTHM AND COUNTRY is a great CD and one of the best released in my opinion. A pity they didn´t emphasize that we had alternate takes in the cover!"

The whole series (Essential Elvis) is based on the concept of using alternate takes so I don't know why they should have to write it on the cover. But this is my favorite volume and I thougth that it was so good it should not have been part of the series but instead have been promoted like a new album on it's own.

I would like to hear some of the masters in the same audio quality. They could have used the masters and in some cases the alternate takes and the parts between the songs to make this a really big product. These songs are not known outside the fans community and deserve a second chance. But of course the only Elvis campaigns are for compilation albums of his greatest hits.

Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:42 pm

Kristian Hjelmaas wrote:Sadly, there's the opportunity that the Japanese version will also blow the upcoming FTD Raised On Rock cd away...

But let's not hope so! Let's hope they will (or may already have done) do their homework regarding this upcoming release...

Br
Kristian


I fear they will do their homework: ROR mixed in the original LP-style (meaning horrible) and the alternate versions in best quality (easy, because this is what we already got on RAC).

Don't forget we will have to buy it anew in some distant future in upgraded sound.

Peter

Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:59 pm

I agree with the comment"s that the uissued stuff is in better sound and mix than the masters.

I play the 2nd cd of the TODAY FTD more, because of this.

Not sure what verison i have of R O R,as i got the disc from someone but they had lost the cover,but it is in very good sound for me.


Just a view.

Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:08 pm

Yes, "Rhythm & Country" is a masterpiece! It's probably my favourite Elvis CD ever. Can we please have the masters in the same sound quality? The recent "Today" CD didn't sound too good. Could be Elvis own fault, though!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:20 pm

ElvisAhlgren wrote:"RHYTHM AND COUNTRY is a great CD and one of the best released in my opinion. A pity they didn´t emphasize that we had alternate takes in the cover!"

The whole series (Essential Elvis) is based on the concept of using alternate takes so I don't know why they should have to write it on the cover. But this is my favorite volume and I thougth that it was so good it should not have been part of the series but instead have been promoted like a new album on it's own.

I would like to hear some of the masters in the same audio quality. They could have used the masters and in some cases the alternate takes and the parts between the songs to make this a really big product. These songs are not known outside the fans community and deserve a second chance. But of course the only Elvis campaigns are for compilation albums of his greatest hits.


Because this was brought to the general public....Elvis fans are aware but the Joe public is not...

Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:51 pm

renanagulled wrote:
ElvisAhlgren wrote:"RHYTHM AND COUNTRY is a great CD and one of the best released in my opinion. A pity they didn´t emphasize that we had alternate takes in the cover!"

The whole series (Essential Elvis) is based on the concept of using alternate takes so I don't know why they should have to write it on the cover. But this is my favorite volume and I thougth that it was so good it should not have been part of the series but instead have been promoted like a new album on it's own.

I would like to hear some of the masters in the same audio quality. They could have used the masters and in some cases the alternate takes and the parts between the songs to make this a really big product. These songs are not known outside the fans community and deserve a second chance. But of course the only Elvis campaigns are for compilation albums of his greatest hits.


Because this was brought to the general public....Elvis fans are aware but the Joe public is not...


I actually bought this record when it came out because I thought it was a compilation using the masters not alternates. I didn't have internet access at the time and I'd never heard most of the masters so I thought they were it but as I was reading the booklet, I found out....still a good CD but it wasn't the "Ive Got A Thing About You, Baby" or "Loving Arms" I'd heard before.

TINML

Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:45 pm

The Japanese remastered Raised On Rock sounds brighter and crisper (musically-instramentally speaking) than the muddy-sounding lp. Elvis' vocals are a little cleaner sounding as well, but improved sound doesn't salvage the tracks that feature go-through-the-motions or worse vocals (If You Don't Come Back) or sub-standard material (take your pick. Mine is Are you Sincere), or both (Three Corn Patches).

Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:57 pm

Where is the Japanese version available?

Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:01 pm

samses wrote:Where is the Japanese version available?


In Japan! :?



:wink:

Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:04 pm

samses wrote:Where is the Japanese version available?


Try Amazon or Amazon UK.

Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:49 pm

sam wrote:
samses wrote:Where is the Japanese version available?


In Japan! :?



:wink:


:lol: :lol: