Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Just got back from my first trip to Graceland

Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:29 am

Well, the first thing I can say is the house is really smaller than what I thoght it would be. Anyway, all in all.....it was GREAT!! I really think they have the tour down with the headphones and the abilty to to start and stop the tour. I finally got to see the Jungle Room. All I can say is wow!! What was is everybody elses thoughts on the house?

Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:48 am

It's really great, I love going there! It's so wierd to me because it seems so homey, if you know what I mean. I'm sure its just a shell of what it once was... but still very interesting to see. I told Lisa when we get married that we will close it down and move in... she was like "don't think so!" lol :)

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Graceland

Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:04 am

Yes!! I know what you are saying about being "homey". I really felt like i was in a friends house and not in a superstars mansion. It was really weird. I wanted to sit down and have somehting to eat in the kitchen.

Re: Graceland

Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:12 am

swingbelly wrote:Yes!! I know what you are saying about being "homey". I really felt like i was in a friends house and not in a superstars mansion. It was really weird. I wanted to sit down and have somehting to eat in the kitchen.

Yea, that's how I felt too... how cool would it have been to have sat down with Elvis in there and had a burger and a coke. :D I did see something once that tickled me once. I went in to the TV room downstairs and was looking around.... well this lady comes in plops down at the counter and plops her camera on the counter... the people working there just about lost it!!!! GET UP OFF THAT STOOL..... GET THAT CAMERA OFF OF THERE NOW!! lol Pretty funny. :lol:

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:14 am

I wish there was away of getting money in (lots),so the house etc were closed...let the guy rest in peace...but thats never going to happen.

Just a view.

Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:31 pm

iamhekev wrote:I wish there was away of getting money in (lots),so the house etc were closed...let the guy rest in peace...but thats never going to happen.

Just a view.

Hey, not before I visited the place!
And why close it? Elvis' body isn't going to be more comfortable all of a sudden when the house is closed.
This place is a sanctuary for a lot of people, why take it away.

Re: Just got back from my first trip to Graceland

Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:43 pm

swingbelly wrote:Well, the first thing I can say is the house is really smaller than what I thoght it would be. Anyway, all in all.....it was GREAT!! I really think they have the tour down with the headphones and the abilty to to start and stop the tour.

The headphone tour is OK, but to be honest, I have rarely used them in the several tours I have taken, opting instead to enjoy the grounds without sound.

Also, I'm not a germ-freak, but there is something kinda nasty about sharing headphones with a guy who just peeled them off his head in 100-degree Memphis heat. Very appealing.

Glad to see you had a great time on the tour!

Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:29 pm

Elvis-4-Ever wrote:

Hey, not before I visited the place!
And why close it? Elvis' body isn't going to be more comfortable all of a sudden when the house is closed.
This place is a sanctuary for a lot of people, why take it away.[/quote]

SANCTUARY...that some"s it up.

Sod the mans feelings when he was a live,as i long as I get in to his house and sod what his feeling"s were.

Just a view.

Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:34 pm

I think I was the only one in our group to not use the headphones. I figured the stuff was for the general public anyway. I have only been there once, but the staff was so rush-rush that I will probably have to go again. It is a very homey place.

another strange thing is that looking at it from outside it looks smaller but once I got inside it seemed so much more vast.