Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:32 pm

I know only the Original Vinyl Single Version that was released on Rare Elvis Vol.1 CD. Don't know if this version exist on other RCA CD's.
BUT was not also the Original Vinyl Single Master Version of the "Come what may" track LOST?? It was Original released only on Rare Elvis Vol.1. Than LOST and than after many years found and released on the FTD CD.
Very STRANGE ;-)
So I think RCA BMG MUST have the Original Single Version of I'm your's.
That's my opinion.
Andy-M.
PS maybe they will release it some day on FTD ??

Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:13 pm

In Ernst's book "A Life In Music", he says:

"RCA later released the master without the overdubs, presumably by mistake"

Therefore, as long as Ernst considers the version without the overdubs a mistake, I do not think he will be compelled to release it. I think there are a few singles that have not been released on mainstream CD in their original mix.

Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:44 pm

ALLC + It's a long lonely highway were also released by MISTAKE as outtakes on Vinyl Single. Later there were reissued on DF CD's along with the normal versions.

Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:46 pm

Hi Keith,
you are right!
That would be great if they had released the I'm your's Master without overdubs on FTD.
Andy-M.

I'm Yours / Long Lonely Highway 45rpm single

Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:36 am

The I'M YOURS single STEREO MASTER is available in perfect quality on the Japanese BMG Funhouse SINGLES Box-Set. The last time I saw, it was still avaivable from Worldwide Elvis website.

ELVIS PRESLEY - King Of The Whole Wide World

Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:04 am

Thanks Keith. Very nice.

Mon Jun 16, 2003 2:28 am

Keith -

The link doesn't seem to work for me.

Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:46 pm

Hi Kid Galahad,
do you mean the Complete Singles Collection RCA BMG Japan 10 CD Box?
Thanks Keith for the link ;-)
Andy-M.

Mon Jun 16, 2003 4:46 pm

Yes, Andy-M, It is on the Complete Singles Collection Japanese BMG-Funhouse 10-CD Box-Set. I think this Set is still on sale through the Paul Dowling's WORLDWIDE ELVIS website? It has lots of Unrelease STEREO singles.

Elvis Presley - still the KING OF THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD

Mon Jun 16, 2003 5:45 pm

Hi Kid Galahad,
thanks for the Info.
Also I have this 10 CD Box Set, I have never heard it.
All CD's are still sealed ;-)
Andy-M.
PS wich other Stereo Vinyl Single Versions do you mean?
Can you name me a few??
Is there also the Come what may Master take 8??
It's a long lonely highway Vinyl Single Master outtake??

Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:05 pm

Keith,

I think that line was pretty clear ' The download of " songs " is also prohibited from an FTP server or from any other sources if linked on our forum. '

FECC Team

Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:22 am

At this moment we don't know if this is prohibited or not so we'll try to find out. Until then we won't allowed this.

FECC Team

Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:55 pm

Hi Kid Galahad,
just have heard the I'm your's track from the BMG Japanese 10 CD Box Set. Are you 100% sure it is in Stereo?? Sorry but I can't hear this effect.
Can you check it out?
Thanks,
Andy-M.

Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:44 pm

Hi Keith,
on the Japanese 10 CD Box there is the SAME Vinyl Single Master take of I'm your's as it was released on Rare Elvis Vol.1 Germ RCA CD.
Without the spoken part !!
Good Quality, but I can't hear Stereo.
Andy-M.

Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:36 pm

I am sure that the "single" version of "I'm Yours" on the Japanese Singles Box Set is MONO. On the other hand, has anyone noticed that the extended "single" version of "Blue River" is STEREO. I don't think this is available anywhere else in STEREO (at least not on CD).

Mystery Train

Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:07 am

Hi Mystery Train,
thanks for the Info.
Is the Blue River take not ALSO on the We Love Elvis BMG Japan Box Sets?? Is it extended??
I will check it on the Japanese 10 CD Box Set.
Andy-M.

Thu Jun 19, 2003 3:38 am

surely bmg will release take 6 single master of im yours in stereo someday hopefully.
id like to hear take 6 with the slate and studio chatter before it starts.

I'M YOURS

Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:12 pm

i tried to make a comment earlier, but somehow the info went down the drain!
I have I'M YOURS on the German RARE ELVIS LP. It's pure MONO.
I've never heard a stereo version of that one.

It's Available on the Tickle Me vinyl LP

Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:50 pm