Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis screen test with Natalie Wood.

Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:52 pm

I have just started reading the book "Revelations from the memphis mafia", and on page 90, Lamar Fike says that Elvis did a screen test with Natalie Wood. I had never heard this tidbit before. I wonder if its true.

Elvis screen

Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:29 pm

With Natalie? No way! But rumour has he did one with Lassie the wonderdog!

Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:49 pm

As far as I know, Elvis only did 2 screen tests;
The Rainmaker and Blue Suede Shoes screen tests.

Am I right?

Anyone?

Br
Kristian

Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:51 pm

As far as I remember thatĀ“s all but you never know what you may find...

Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:10 pm

I would not take a word of that man says to be true...even if he told you his name "slim" :P .

Elvis screen

Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:53 pm

Slim...? Refering to a one eyed cat ???

Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:01 pm

ekenee -

The only 'testing' he did with Natalie wasn't for the screen.

He claimed she wasn't 'to his taste'.

Don't ask !

Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:10 pm

ColinB wrote:ekenee -

The only 'testing' he did with Natalie wasn't for the screen.

He claimed she wasn't 'to his taste'.

Don't ask !

Ha Ha Ha :lol: :lol: :shock: Nice one Colin!!!!! LOL!!

Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:27 pm

Didn't Elvis also do a screen test for "Hee-Haw - The Motion Picture"? :wink:

Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:30 pm

ElvisĀ“ screen-test can be divided into three secments.

We all know the pics from the Rainmaker-test against veteran actor Frank Faylen.

Then he did a scene from same movie against Cynthia Baxter where he wore the same clothes as he did in the last screen-test segment where he performed "Blue Suede Shoes"

The tests were made in late March 1956 and NOT on April 1, 1956 as most sources want you to believe. On March 25, 1956 Elvis flew out to Hollywood after his last performance on the Dorsey Show and spent a few days in Los Angeles before flying home to Memphis via Texas on March 28.

Sincerely
Brian Petersen

Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:05 am

Brian -

So where are these screen tests ?

If the Blue Suede Shoes one has been found, why not the acting ones ?

Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:51 am

I have heard before that there is film of Natallie with Elvis at Autobugn(sp) home.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:46 am

Shelley Winters is the original source of the Screen Test with Natalie Wood story she claimed to have seen it and said so in her autobiography. David Hall and myself mentioned it the Elvis Monthly some while back.

Had Marty Lacker seen it or was he just repeating information/rumours that he'd heard elsewhere? Perhaps one his groupies can ask on the website he inhabits.

Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:58 pm

ColinB wrote:Brian -

So where are these screen tests ?

If the Blue Suede Shoes one has been found, why not the acting ones ?

Maybe they DID find them ColinB! I can imagine the Blue Suede Shoes clip was easier fit into the Great Performances concept than the rough acting scenes would be. This would be excellent footage perhaps for the Anthology project, if still alive!
Cheers
Simon

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:25 am

They probably have it but didn't have the rights to use the other actors performances or something like that.

The stills we have seen seem lifted from the film. And why would they use a photographer anyway. I doubt that thoses stills are all that's left as they said.