Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Early performances

Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:34 pm

Hey,

I got the 3 DVD set The Great Performances (nice limited edition I might add) and as you all know there are some early performances on the disc from the various tv shows Elvis appeared on.
Is this everything that is available or is there more. What is the best DVD to buy if you want all the footage? I want it all 8)

Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:42 pm

I don't know the exact details, but I think that this set is the most complete. It is still not complete, that is why I haven't bought it. I am still awaiting an orderely, chronological, complete set of all the 50's tv shows.
Last edited by ekenee on Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:09 pm

ekenee -

You wrote:
I am still awaiting an orderely, chronological, complete set of all the 50's tv shows.

Yes, please !

Without edits & voice overs !

We have a lot of it, but spread around, incomplete/edited and in varying degrees of visual & audio quality [from very good to barely watchable/listenable].

Let's have it all in pristine 'Elvis 56' quality.

Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:21 pm

NO Colin...BETTER than that = A1.

But i hate the voice"s over"s and the 30sec clips etc.

As i said on another tread...the whole lot on one dvd,now thats as near as dam it the birth of r"n"r on film.

Just a view.

Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:17 pm

There was a VHS released in the 80s that had about an hour of the 56 TV Appearences...just straight performances without any anouncer at all...quality was fair to good. I rented it and made a copy. I think it was put out by King Video. They released the Alternate Hawaii back then too.

Does anyone have this on DVD?

bpd

Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:28 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D .

If you are interested, I would like to recommend you the unofficial real DVD called Elvis On Stage 8) 8) 8), that came out this Spring. It is in decent quality with a lot of performances from Dorsey, Berle, Allen and Sullivan. At the moment it is the most complete DVD. Hope this help. All the best :wink:.

Mike Windgren.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:38 am

bpd wrote:There was a VHS released in the 80s that had about an hour of the 56 TV Appearences...just straight performances without any anouncer at all...quality was fair to good. I rented it and made a copy. I think it was put out by King Video. They released the Alternate Hawaii back then too.

Does anyone have this on DVD?

bpd

Yes, I do.
I purchased it here in the UK and it's called 'Elvis The Early Years.'
It was put out by a company called 23rd Century and is region 0
If I remember right it was on VHS in the 80's and just titled EARLY ELVIS.

Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:25 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D .

If you are interested, I would like to recommend you the unofficial real DVD called Elvis On Stage 8) 8) 8), that came out this Spring. It is in decent quality with a lot of performances from Dorsey, Berle, Allen and Sullivan. At the moment it is the most complete DVD. Hope this help. All the best :wink:.

Mike Windgren.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Thanx! 8)

Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:42 pm

There'sanother that I got last year, I'll look it up when I get home, it was the one with the pink titles over the beginning of each song (yuck!) but most of you will know what it is when I refer to that.

Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:25 pm

Steve,

I know the one you mean, it was the one with the pink titles over the beginning of each song (yuck!) :lol: