Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Is the Elvis Candy Store almost empty?

Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:38 pm

As they say: " A photo says more than a 1000 words ! " Where do you find these graphic images everytime, Gregory ? Selfmade? AAAWWWESOME, as Joe Tunzi would say !

Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:13 pm

I'm far from an expert on this matter but do wonder a few things in relation to 'potential' unreleased footage. While the list on display would indeed seem to be a wish/dream list I do wonder if the cameras (tv or other professional cameras) were present at some of the concerts mentioned. If so even if the tv companies disregrded the footage is it possible that Parker recieved copies, in return for allowing news crews into concerts (similar to kinescopes for the 50's tv shows)? At the weekend an Abba documentary showed footage from sweedish TV of all group members doing various solo performances from up to 10 years preceeding their formation as abba and subsequent success. Why would a TV station hold on to this stuff and not footage of an already established international star such as Elvis? Is it also possible that TV footage was handed over/sold during the making of This is Elvis? Would employees at TV stations not be inclined to privately keep footage that was going to be thrown out anyway? If - and it is a big if- the elvis estate had footage such as the 20 mins of 69 vegas pro shot footage, that tunzi has mentioned, would it not make sense to keep quiet? Until they could find the right medium/project for releasing so as to aviod the constant demands of fans to release it. In relation to with or without sound debates was it known until this year that the karate footage included a soundtrack? I apologise if the 'Karate sound situation' has been well known for years, must have missed that one. Though talking of what's left in the barrel there is the karate footage!

Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:24 am

Delboy wrote:What about the interview appearance by Elvis on Jimmy Dean's Washington DC based 'Town and Country' television show on March 14th 1955??

FYI -- this visit happened in 1956.

DJC

Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:07 am

The LA Forum footage from 1970 is out there. I have seen it on a DVD called B T I Vol. 1, it doesn't have the original sound on it though. Of course you all may have more but there is quite a bit on this DVD, at least more than I thought would be.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:18 am

(deleted - see guidelines #9) wrote: Plus no "news crews" filmed either any engagement in 1969 nor 1972 at the Garden.

(deleted - see guidelines #9)

I thought at least some MSG footage existed or came
from local network affiliates.
The footage I have seen looks in part like it came from there
as opposed to a fan or a professional crew, but I 'll leave it to the
experts here to sort that out.

Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:48 am

[quote="(deleted - see guidelines #9)"]Most of that list is false. Yes Boston Garden was filmed by MGM, the footage is complete, and very dark. Shot with 3 cameras.

EP collctor, do you know why MGM shot Boston Garden? I thought that they got hte concept of On Tour together in the first month of 1972 and that the filmmakers met Elvis in Vegas during his first -72 season. By then, they had not yet accepted to do the film.

Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:25 am

JEFF d wrote:The LA Forum footage from 1970 is out there. I have seen it on a DVD called B T I Vol. 1

That was not pro shot. The footage you are referring to is very good, but is 8mm.

Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:10 am

Rob is right, the footage on BTI is 8 mm fan- footage. This footage is watchable though and if matched with original sound it would be a gem if we had complete song and not just snippets filmed.