Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Yvo
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

Footsteps of Elvis Amsterdam

Post by Yvo »

Although I read some negative remark concerning David Stanley on the formum, I made the trip to Amsterdam to see the Footsteps of Elvis exhibition.

I must admit that it is a nice exhibition. Especially for people who have not been to Graceland. Although I have been to Graceland, I did also enjoy this exibition. It is not to often that we are able to see these kind of Elvis artifacts here in Holland

Also the pictures of Lew Allen which are on display where very nice.

Songman
Registered for: 20 years 2 months

Post by Songman »

I was there to yesterday (saturday) for me it was the closest thing to see things of Elvis, Elvis had a lot of tv´s :) the setup was very nice, i´m planning a trip to Graceland next year, so this was for me a warming up,
i also have a autograph of Lew Allen :idea:

You can see pictures of the exhibition as soon as possible on my site. http://www.pieterpix.nl/

Have a nice day

You read your lines so cleverly and never missed a cue

http://elvistimes.nl/

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff
Registered for: 19 years

footsteps

Post by Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff »

Peter van brummelen journalist for Dutch daily Het Parool had nothing positive to say about the exhibition here in Amserdam. He wasnt very impressed with the piece of soap from the Lisa Marie, the brick from the Beverly Hills house or the framed piece of carpet from one of the rooms at Graceland!... Peter, a huge fan of both Elvis and Sinatra, wrote that the importance of EP as one of the greatest icons of the 20th Century could not be recognized as such at this exhibition. A info display card will tell you about a psychedelic lamp to view, but who and what Elvis was...no word. I pass.

Marko
Registered for: 20 years 6 months

Re: footsteps

Post by Marko »

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote: A info display card will tell you about a psychedelic lamp to view, but who and what Elvis was...no word. I pass.
This is true. The exhibition was in Finland in the summer and I saw it. Nothing is told about Elvis the man or his music and as EP Collector has stated most of the items are fakes.

"I've learned very early in life, without a song, the day would never end. Without a song, a man ain't got a friend. Without a song, the road would never bend, without a song. So I'll keep on singing the song."

Post by Guest »

This sounds like a re-working of 'The FINGERPRINTS Of Elvis' exhibition that was in Liverpool UK a few years ago.
I hear most of the same items are on display.

Marko
Registered for: 20 years 6 months

Post by Marko »

ME4EP wrote:This sounds like a re-working of 'The FINGERPRINTS Of Elvis' exhibition that was in Liverpool UK a few years ago.
I hear most of the same items are on display.
Yes, it's the same collection. David Stanley was in Liverpool too, wasn't he?

"I've learned very early in life, without a song, the day would never end. Without a song, a man ain't got a friend. Without a song, the road would never bend, without a song. So I'll keep on singing the song."

Post by Guest »

Yes, indeed he was.