Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

68 and Aloha single discs.

Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:48 pm

Next year single disc versions of the 68 special and Aloha will come out.

The single-disc DVDs are being released in order to reach newer audiences for Elvis who aren't likely to buy the deluxe DVD sets and to have '68 and Aloha DVDs carried by retailers that do not carry releases that exceed a certain price point. We are also planning the content in such a way that fans who have the deluxe sets can look forward to the single-disc releases as well. The content for the new '68 and Aloha single disc DVDs will be announced in the months ahead.

I think this is a good thing, hope they reach new audience with it. But if the I Hurts Me scenes are on it now, I will go bezerk.

Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:10 pm

Sounds like its gonna be a fresh edit using other angles where available on certain bits to hook those fans who've already bought the deluxe versions.

Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:33 pm

Yeah, maybe the Japanese angles or even some backstage footage of Elvis dressed in those white clothes or even maybe the press conference but maybe we are just being paranoid and it's gonna be a simple single disc version with footage that was already on the deluxe sets.

Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:41 pm

planning the content in such a way that fans who have the deluxe sets can look forward to the single-disc releases as well

If they've said tha above and then they do only do a single disc editted version of what was already on the deluxe I'd be as pissed off as not having It Hurts Me in the deluxe, actually more so.

Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:48 am

Not only will the new DVD include "It Hurts Me", but will also include the 50 minute long Blue Denim concert. Bonus features include film with sound of Elvis performing Uncle Pen August 23rd, 1955 in Bryan, Texas and of course Elvis' Hee Haw episode that was recently found in the vaults of Roy Acuff by Geraldo Rivera.

If BMG thinks I will waste another $10 just for that, then they have another thing coming! I am boycotting the DVD!

Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:53 am

Good for you Scotch, though you won't have to avoid a £10 DVD.

Coz it will cost $15 !!! :lol:

Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:56 am

$15 huh, I just saw the Deluxe version a few days ago for $23.

Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:00 am

That's a fantastic set of clips Steve. I don't know of a better incentive to donate to "Jordans Elvis World Founders" page

I'll keep doing my bit, and I'm sure there will be many more clips to come if everyone keeps on donating :wink:

Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:51 am

I hear Scotch, though.

Sometimes this "BMG Strategic Marketing Group" makes me think
even the "Colonel" would say, "hey, fellas, knock it off!"

That, or: "I said, 'less is more' but c'mon: give the people
what they want: open the vaults!"

Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:33 pm

You can be certain that the single disc versions will include something the deluxe versions did not have. The 1968 discs will at least have the missing commentary track with Scotty and DJ and It Hurts Me inserted. Aloha may have edited versions of the press conferences. Such small additions will make most of us buy it again and EPE will have fooled us once again. The Colonel would be proud of EPE.

Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:04 pm

Not for me.

I consider the deluxe versions as the definitive versions, there will be no incentive for me to purchase these editted down versions, if there was something amazing to make all fans want a copy I'm sure EPE would have been specific and described the carrot in detail that they will be dangling.

Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:52 pm

one thing I have noticed about the deluxe edition DVD's.

when these first came out, they were displayed front and center and priced relatively cheap.

I bought my ALOHA for $18.99 at Wal Mart!!!

Now, there nowhere to be found...?

I checked Best Buy last week and they had 1 copy for $26.99.

maybe these single versions will be a good incentive to get the casual fan inspired into purchasing these DVD's!?

Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:31 am

In the store"s i have been in around the country...i was on my holis (bad 2 weeks),Both the Aloha and 68 DELUXE sets were still on the go in good amounts...soon be a year and i thought they would be getting less,but the local HMV and MVC has a lot of then in store.

Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:58 am

Not only will the new DVD include "It Hurts Me", but will also include the 50 minute long Blue Denim concert. Bonus features include film with sound of Elvis performing Uncle Pen August 23rd, 1955 in Bryan, Texas and of course Elvis' Hee Haw episode that was recently found in the vaults of Roy Acuff by Geraldo Rivera.

If BMG thinks I will waste another $10 just for that, then they have another thing coming! I am boycotting the DVD!

On a site I can't mention here for guideline reasons was said, that there will be a bonus disc with funny moments throughout the sessions.

http://germany.real.com/emailafriend/?l ... oadband.rm

Try that link and you'll see what I mean.

This spot was screened at the Elvis Insiders Conference during Elvis week.

Regards, Jörn

Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:49 am

Elvis-4-Ever wrote:or even some backstage footage of Elvis dressed in those white clothes.

Didn't they state that everything that was filmed was included in the DVD set?

I wish you were right, but I don't think anything was filmed backstage.

Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:47 pm

They did say that, but we do know that not everything that was filmed was in the DVD set.

What they meant was that any moment that was filmed was in the DVD set, but not everything that was filmed.

Hey that don't make sense.

I mean other angles of the same moment were not necessarily included. Yeah, I think that's what I mean.

Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:36 pm

I expect to see It Hurts Me back in the medley and that'll make me buy the disc. It won't piss me off more about not having it in de SE because in the end of the day I want to have the complete medley so I'm actually looking forward to the single disc version.

Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:38 pm

Don't give in that easily, Buddy.

The audio of "It Hurts Me" is much better than watching him do
karate during it. There was a reason why they cut it! :shock: :oops: :D

You own it already.

Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:45 am

Joern wrote:On a site I can't mention here for guideline reasons was said, that there will be a bonus disc with funny moments throughout the sessions.

http://germany.real.com/emailafriend/?l ... oadband.rm

Try that link and you'll see what I mean.

This spot was screened at the Elvis Insiders Conference during Elvis week.

Regards, Jörn

The funny moments segment was first screened at a special showing of parts of the 68's Special back in June of 2004. From what I understand, even more "funny moments" have been edited together for the DVD. I don't know that they would need to be on a bonus disc, but who knows?

Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:53 am

Scotch,

A certain site "not on top of the world" has a download of the
"funny reel." :D