Topic author
Daryl
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
Registered for: 21 years

On Tour-Turner/Warner Brothers, Sony/BMG, and EPE

Post by Daryl »

Hello,

Rule #1: EPE, Turner/Warner Brothers and Sony/BMG must work together cohesively. I know that sounds pretty easy but its not.

First things first. Restore the film. Audiowise/Picture Quality wise. 5.1 all the bells and whistles. Include the original theatrical trailer.

Interview the musicians/backup vocalists. Since neither Elvis nor Adidge and Abel are alive you must interview the remaining participants. Hell, even interview Martin Scorsese since he worked on the original film. Ask him what he did exactly on the film. Maybe he could explain why the multi-angle split screen was used throughout the film. Have Scorsese oversee the whole project considering his recent success at producing the Blues documentary and just recently his Bob Dylan documentary for PBS. He could have the living members of the Stamps talk about being called out on stage to do Sweet Sweet Spirit in Hampton Roads.

Like someone mentioned before present the entire Elvis interview as an audio commentary.

Present a shortform documentary on the "Standing Room Only" album and what it was to be and why it was cancelled, what was supposed to be on it.

Present two additional DVDs as part of the "Deluxe Edition" that contain some of the best candid moments backstage, etc. as well as some of the best performances from the mock session, the rehearsal, and the four live shows.

Sony/BMG should thoroughly research what Joan Deary's plans were for the "Standing Room Only" album and release an audio companion to the deluxe DVD set. It could be a DVD-Audio, SACD or even a DualDisc with some video component as well. This audio release should not be a revisionist idea such as the "Burning Love" CD a few years ago but rather what she really had planned. As a bonus you could include though you could include the original singles as well "Burning Love/It's A Matter Of Time" and "Separate Ways/Always On My Mind."

Daryl

Eddie
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Eddie »

Oh- my- god!

You are so right!!!

Damn!
Last edited by Eddie on Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

You didn't address the biggest stumbling block. EPE Turner BMG etc do work quite closely especially since the Sony connection came about.

But the music publishing companies which would have the final say as to whether such a release could be made to a marketable budget was not addressed.

Gregory Nolan Jr.
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Gregory Nolan Jr. »

A lot of this territory was discussed on that super-long thread (500 posts + and counting about ELVIS ON TOUR/ PETITION, but
I like how you're thinking, Darryl!

Tom in N.C.? Want to say anything? :lol:

ImageImage
http://rewoundradio.com/
On the Edge of Reality

MattC

Post by MattC »

I'm not sure if this is old news to everyone or not, but I thought I would say it just in case. I was over at elvisinsiders.com and read where all the footage has been remastered and is ready to be released but due to a few of the copyrights on a couple of the songs they haven't release it yet, officially. But unofficially, it's out there :wink: