Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

HITSTORY - REMIXES INCLUDED?

Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:32 pm

The following was taken from the 'Rolling Stone' Website:

Sony BMG will release the eighty-track set of ELVIS PRESLEY songs, Hitstory, on October 4th. The three-disc package features career-spanning hits, as well as remixes of "Love Me Tender," "Heartbreak Hotel" and "A Little Less Conversation".

Brian :o

Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:35 pm

God help us. Pray it's a mistake.

Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:31 pm

Remixes of Love Me Tender ????? :roll: :roll: :evil: :?:

Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:08 pm

Heartburn Motel?!?! :x

Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:21 pm

A remix of Love Me Tender could be ok if it's sensibly done, eg add a fuller backing with strings. A dance remix would obviously be a weird route to take and, with the tempo of the song, probably impractical.

Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:43 pm

LOVE ME TENDER was done in a form of stereo!...REMIX????? get a grip.

Re: HITSTORY - REMIXES INCLUDED?

Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:59 pm

Editing hack job, it happens all the time...

I'm sure the Rolling Stone blurb should have said:

The three-disc package features career-spanning hits such as "Love Me Tender" and "Heartbreak Hotel" and remixes "A Little Less Conversation" and "Rubberneckin'".

Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:19 am

I'm boycotting it, but this is what it'll look like:

Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:04 am

how did I predict they would use an early 50's style photo for the artwork of this package?

looks nice tho...

Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:34 pm

Remixes? That would mean I have to buy it afterall...

What happened to the remixed album BMG UK was going to release? Wasn't Burning Love remixed and expected to be included on that?

Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:53 am

ElvisAhlgren wrote:Remixes? That would mean I have to buy it afterall...

What happened to the remixed album BMG UK was going to release? Wasn't Burning Love remixed and expected to be included on that?

hmmm...

I have never heard of this info.

the only remix of Burning Love that I know of, besides my own, is on the Too Much Monkey Business FTD.

Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:28 pm

Minkahed -

After the runaway UK success of the ALLC single, DJ's were invited to submit their own remixes, which would be considered for release.

A few of these have surfaced ["Born To Rock", Nevin's "Rubberneckin"] but most remain unheard by the masses.

There was a suggestion that they could all be put out on a CD, but it never appeared.

I'd buy it !

Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:08 pm

ColinB wrote:Minkahed -

After the runaway UK success of the ALLC single, DJ's were invited to submit their own remixes, which would be considered for release.

A few of these have surfaced ["Born To Rock", Nevin's "Rubberneckin"] but most remain unheard by the masses.

There was a suggestion that they could all be put out on a CD, but it never appeared.

I'd buy it !

Thanks Colin for the update...

I'd definetely buy it!!!

Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:27 am

It's one thing if the remixed "A Little Less Conversation" is on this. It was after all a big hit. But, it's ridiculous to think that they will put remixed versions of "Love Me Tender," and "Heartbreak Hotel."

I know some people are saying they'll boycott this release, but in spite of the rumored remixes, it is important that this thing sells well. These types of compilations are aimed at the casual fan, so if it doesn't sell well, it could impact on more specialized releases. Personally, I'll buy it.

Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:29 pm

Seems that the third [and only 'new'] disc in this set will have 31 tracks in the Europe/Australia version !

This corrects the measly 19-tracks on the US version.

I apologise if this is old news, I've been out of the loop lately.