Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Finders Keepers Losers weepers, live recording

Sat Jun 14, 2003 9:12 pm

Several years ago an elvis dealer insisted elvis did this song live in August 1969. Has anyone heard of this? Perhaps its just a one-liner.

Sat Jun 14, 2003 9:49 pm

He did it as part of a medley with "Five sleepy heads", "No room to rhumba" and "Song of the shrimp".

Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:18 pm

spellbinder you left out "its a dogs life"

Re: Finders Keepers Losers weepers, live recording

Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:15 am

ekenee wrote:Several years ago an elvis dealer insisted elvis did this song live in August 1969. Has anyone heard of this? Perhaps its just a one-liner.

The dealer is sadly misinformed -- Elvis did not offer up that classic in 1969.

Mon Jun 16, 2003 5:43 pm

Given the absurdity of his claim I'd say this "dealer" was dealing in something other than Elvis music - and was sampling his own goods! :roll:

Mon Jun 16, 2003 6:27 pm

Just for the record, this dealer is very well known and respected. Not one that has had anything negative said about him on this board. And... what is so absurd about elvis doing a one-liner of finders keepers, when he in fact did the mickey mouse club march, wooden heart and other odd choices, which no one would have believed if they hadn't heard of it. At the time he told me of this, he couldn't remember what show it was on. and remember it is probably only a one liner. Until you can tell me you have heard every august 1969 show complete, then you can't prove it didn't happen. Usually song rumors turn out to be true. The live "danny boy" for example, had been written about before, and then when it came out, everyone was surprised because it actually was true.

Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:42 pm

ekenee wrote:Until you can tell me you have heard every august 1969 show complete, then you can't prove it didn't happen.

Right.

And until you can tell me you have heard every August 1969 show complete, then you can't prove it DID happen.

However, ALL existing recordings and ALL contemporaneous -- and later -- reports fail to turn up this classic tune. The evidence is weighted against your sadly misinformed buddy.

God bless!