Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis Aron Presley Silver Box

Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:27 pm

Today i bought this boxset i`ve heard disc 1 and 2 sofar. In the meanwhile i was curious about your opinion of this box.
Oh and i also bought the FTD Elvis Studio B 1961-64 togethjer with it.
So i will have a great weekend! :D

Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:29 pm

great CDs both of them or five of them

Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:36 pm

Yeah I like the silver box very much. :D

8)

Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:45 pm

Great box set, I remember I first heard Elvis sing Get Back/Little Sister on that one, way back when it came out on vinyl in 1980.

Sun Jun 15, 2003 4:54 pm

With exception of the 1978 album “A Legendary Performer Volume 3”, most Elvis releases from around this time were compiled from previously issued material, with the odd alternate take thrown in for good measure. This release policy gave little indication of what may be left in the vaults, and fans would often speculate as to what future releases might include.

The “Elvis Aron Presley” set was a collectors dream. Live ’50’s performances, the ’61 benefit performance, out takes, live & rehearsal tracks, and a 1975 concert, together with excellent packaging made this the type of release we had all been hoping RCA would put out, even though we couldn’t really see it happening.

Sun Jun 15, 2003 4:56 pm

Are the extra instruments on Unchained Melody overdubs or is this original?

Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:09 pm

The version of “Unchained Melody” included on the “Elvis Aron Presley” box was originally issued as a 1978 single b/w “Softly As I Leave You” and some copies were pressed in white vinyl. It was recorded during Elvis performance at Rapid City, South Dakota on June 21, 1977, and given additional overdubs by Felton Jarvis at Young‘un Sound, Murfreesboro, Tennessee on August 29, 1977, and Soundmaster, Nashville Tennessee on August 30, 1977.

Additional voices were added on August 29, whilst instrumental overdubs were added on August 30. The undubbed performance was released in 1990 on the CD “The Great Performances”.

eap

Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:00 pm

You also get the original mixes of the Lost singles and mixes which are slightly different for the Aloha and In Concert tracks.

A great set.

EAP

Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:03 pm

I meant as compared to the currently available cd versions

Regards

Dan

Tue Jun 17, 2003 11:34 am

It's a great set, my only complaint is that the remasterin isn't up to par.
For example the Uncensored Dallas 75 import (basically the same concert as the 4th disc of EAP) clearly has a better sound.