Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Who are these people...(?)

Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:46 pm

On the eternal flame marker on Elvis' grave are a number of people who were close to Elvis who had this installed... who are Tommy Henley & Letetia Henley who are listed on it?

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:01 pm

Are they Mrs Henley's children?

Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:53 am

(deleted - see guidelines #9) wrote:That would be Tish Henley, and her husband. Tish was EP's private nurse in the mid 70's till the end. She and her husband lived in a trailer in the back of Graceland. Tish's husband worked part time security on tours, and grounds maintenance while at Graceland.

(deleted - see guidelines #9)

Thank you for the reply... I have heard their names before, but just didn't know where they fit into Elvis' world. Now I know! :)

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:05 am

They are the last two people of four to be actively be involved in Elvis' life.

It was Tish who Elvis called that morning and she phoned her husband Tom in the trailer behind Graceland and gave him instruction over the phone in order for him to dispense some medication for Elvis.

Aunt Delta then took it up to Elvis after Tom bought it over to the house.

Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:49 am

To my knowledge Tommy Henley was not a trained Medical Practictioner. Therefore it is possible he could has got the contents of the attack packs wrong? :shock:

Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:51 am

Why Delboy, but that would mean he could have put Elvis' life at risk and Elvis might have died as a consequence.

Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:51 am

Oh right, yeah, see what you're saying. :wink:

Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:52 am

Steve, Are you suggestion there is a case for manslaughter??

Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:04 pm

Doubtful.

IF the family thought it was down to that at the time, then they did everything to make sure it was kept quiet as the consequence would have been to expose the drug history of Elvis which they didn't want to do then as it would ruin his reputation and what was done was done, nothing would bring him back.

So they all told their story to the investigators and ensured the house was given a clean TCB sweep. They couldn't ask for the case to be re-opened as most of them would be guilty of perverting the course of justice at the time.

I believe that it may be the reason Toms name was placed on top of the list Jeff asked about as everyone involved forgave him and didn't hold him responsible at all. They knew he was just trying to help.

Note also Vernons alledged outcry that afternoon after Nick arrived back at Graceland to tell him "They killed him, they killed my son"

I still have done no more to add to the days listing and also no more to correct one or two mistakes since I put this up last year: August 16th 1977 just use the drop down menu to enter the date.