Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

WHO WAS THIS GUY...

Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:50 pm

Tom Diskin...

He was parkers 2nd man etc,but to me he is the one thats hard to get good info or storys about.

Any one else in the fandome heard any good storys or even Diskin been interviewd after EP"s death?.

He IS the mystery man...

who was

Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:00 pm

He never gave interviews to anybody. He was supposed to be a very bitter man and a serious alcoholic. Somebody at RCA in New York told me that, back in 1989...

Re: WHO WAS THIS GUY...

Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:40 pm

iamhekev wrote:Tom Diskin...

He was parkers 2nd man etc,but to me he is the one thats hard to get good info or storys about.

Any one else in the fandome heard any good storys or even Diskin been interviewd after EP"s death?.

He IS the mystery man...

Kev

Your spelling is atrocious. The word is spelt "stories".

Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:45 pm

I don't know stories about him and I don't know if anybody knows. Even the MM hardly ever speaks of him. Apparently he saved the money he made with the Colonel and Elvis and invested it wisely. When he died he was worth of several millions of dollars which is a more that can be said of the Colonel.

Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:18 pm

Spellbinder wrote:Kev

I can't believe how often you pick people up on their spelling. It comes across as very pompous. The meaning was clear, so who cares?

Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:31 pm

Marko wrote:I don't know stories about him and I don't know if anybody knows. Even the MM hardly ever speaks of him. Apparently he saved the money he made with the Colonel and Elvis and invested it wisely. When he died he was worth of several millions of dollars which is a more that can be said of the Colonel.

I take it he didn't play roulette with the Colonel.

Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:40 pm

TJ wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:Kev

I can't believe how often you pick people up on their spelling. It comes across as very pompous. The meaning was clear, so who cares?

Yeah TJ,

I know what you mean?? Whats the point of it.
Its the behavor of a fargin cook sukker :wink:

Sean

Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:09 pm

In a nostalgic way, it's good to see Colin (a.ka. Spellbinder)
back his old ways!!! It used to drive me batty. This time
I had to laugh.

Seriously, though, Elvis fans from all over Europe, Asia,
South America,etc.: please pay no attention to Spelly
and we don't mind if you
make mistakes - we all do! :oops: :D

I always wondered about this shadowy Diskin guy.

Another guy who did zilch to help Elvis, I'm guessing.

Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:35 pm

Tom Diskin was Ed Bonja's uncle.

The FECC memorabilia section (thanks) features quite a few letters,
such as this one. http://tinyurl.com/duk65

courtesy of Elvis World - Japan

Front row - Colonel Parker (Santa suit), Gene Smith. Back row Bitsy Mott, Joe Esposito, Red West, Tom Diskin, Sonny West, Alan Fortas, unknown.

and during my research I found this message posted by CarolCervenka on the Elvis 2001 MB:

Hi. Tom Diskin was my uncle, Mary and Patti my aunts. I am the co-trustee of the combined estates of Patti and Mary. Uncle Tom was NOT Elvis' accountant. Elvis had an accountant. Tom Diskin and Col.Parker were already a team starting in the early 50's (The "Jamboree Attraction" days pre-Elvis) on till Cols. death. Uncle Tom spoke very highly of Elvis and was extremely protective of him and his family. He was a humble, funny guy and he DID prefer to stay in the background and when they put his name up on the marqee in Vegas as producer, he made them remove it. (I came across a pic of the marquee before he made them take it down) He has been called 'the diplomat of diplomats' and was well liked by all who knew him. He was on every film location and at the recording sessions and stage managed many of the shows but still never gave an interview. My aunts Mary and Patti ran the Madison TN. office from the time Elvis began working with Col. and Tom Diskin until Colonel's death. Col. called Mary 'Big Chief' or 'Front Seat' and everything went through that office. (Some of you may remember the Covered Wagon stationary with PO Box 417 and,later, PO Box 220.) Anyway, I just thought I'd set that straight about Tommy's being the accountant. Thank you, thank you vera much.

Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:38 pm

Spellbinder wrote:

He IS the mystery man...

Kev

Not everybody has English as a first language.
Also not everybody graduated from University with English as their major.

Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:36 pm

http://elvispresleyscrapbook.co.uk/clipping_45.htm

Here he is with Al Dvorin in Tupelo 1984

Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:48 pm

NELLFINDER!...it"s taking me a long time to brought up by you,on one of your posts...thank you,thank you very much.

Thanks for your posts folk"s.

He is STILL the mystery man...in the world of EP.

Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:54 pm

Luuk wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:

He IS the mystery man...

Kev

Not everybody has English as a first language.
Also not everybody graduated from University with English as their major.

Ease up on Spelly, friends. It is just his "shtick," and nothing more than a bit of comic relief.

Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:07 pm

[quote="Gregory Nolan Jr."]In a nostalgic way, it's good to see Colin (a.ka. Spellbinder)
back his old ways!!! It used to drive me batty. This time
I had to laugh.

Sorry GN.Jr....before Colin blows his stack at your insinuation, that he is Spelly, I have to tell you..I`ve never met Colin....but I have Spelly, in fact we spoke today and he will be visiting shortly, sorry Colin..your not invited :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:24 pm

Rusty Martin* wrote:I`ve never met Colin....but I have Spelly, in fact we spoke today and he will be visiting shortly, sorry Colin..your not invited

Rusty

I doubt Colin would want to accept an invitation from someone who has such atrocious spelling as you have. It should read "you're not invited".

Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:10 pm

Rusty,

Colin was recently accused of being the Spellbinder - or in jest
admitted to this alter ego persona. It's all in good fun.

I've never seen them on the mb at the same time, though. :wink:

Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:31 am

and if Spelly corrects me one more time.. he will not be invited either :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S....Steak pie... need I say more Spelly?

Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:36 am

Colin is of with his guide dog sue on his holis.

The MYSTERY man of the mb :twisted:

Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:34 pm

iamhekev wrote:Colin is of with his guide dog sue on his holis.

The MYSTERY man of the mb :twisted:

I hope no one nicks his computer while he's away!!! :shock:

:P

Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:04 pm

It was cra oh, :oops: