Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Disc II TTWII SE

Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:15 am

Will someone, technically advanced, please tell me why this CD sounds absolutely incredible? The bass is in my face, all notes of guitar are heard, the drums have the best Elvis drums sound I think I have ever heard, there is a taste of delay in the vocals. etc etc

Was this recorded or remastered a certain way?? Too bad Aloha and MSG don't sound like this. (my opinion obviously)

Thanks
Jon

Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:22 am

I detect a lot of "noise" when listening to "lovin' feelin'" on that disc.

But yeah, you could be there when listening to that disc.

Glen Hardin's piano is like crystal on Polk Salad Annie.

Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:35 am

And I think Ernst was right about this show - it's definately one of the best EVER.

It has everything - terrific setlist, a semi-loose and very confident Elvis, and the band is tight...

Rich

Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:21 am

Keggyhander wrote:I detect a lot of "noise" when listening to "lovin' feelin'" on that disc.

But yeah, you could be there when listening to that disc.

Glen Hardin's piano is like crystal on Polk Salad Annie.

Actually, the track on the 16-track tape with Jerry Scheef's bass is corrupted, so that why the bass sounds fuzzy at the beginning of the song. A better copy of this song is found on Disc 1 of TTWII SE edition.

Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:33 am

I love the first few tunes on disc 3 too. same sound.

Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:47 am

Rich_TCB wrote:And I think Ernst was right about this show - it's definately one of the best EVER.

It has everything - terrific setlist, a semi-loose and very confident Elvis, and the band is tight...

Rich

I totally agree with you!

This has to be one of the best, if not the best, show Elvis ever gave!

Br
Kristian

Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:04 pm

It does sound pretty amazing. I was listening to it one day recently on crappy PC speakers and I still got goosebumps. Elvis was electric that show!

Jules

Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:30 pm

We definately need another complete show from this Las Vegas season. I suggest they bring out the dinner show from August 11th. or the one from August 12th. We need to get the movie versions of I´ve Lost You, You´ve Lost That Lovin´ Feelin´ and Bridge Over Troubled Water, so the dinner show from August 11th. would be my choice.

Sincerely MB280E

Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:34 pm

best live versions of mystery train tiger man, lovin feelin, polk sald, little sister/get back, and suspicious minds. i wish we had this and the hampton roads concert complete on double dvd, these were truly great shows

Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:35 pm

Fantastic avatar JonRomanovich. :wink:
Actually I don´t know if any of you already did that: everytime I listen to this show I use headphones in high volume and then...........it seems you are there in the audience attending the concert in the first row!!

Surely one of the best ever....and probably the whole concert wasn´t filmed so what about a complete release of it in DVD??
The songs not filmed could be replaced from other concerts and I bet it would sell a lot! The marketing could be: a concert like you never saw!

Best Regards
Renan.

Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:36 pm

Great sound and a amazing show!
This is Elvis at his best and imagine having this concert complete
on DVD.
Hopefully they filmed the entire show so that we all can enjoy it someday.
I´m still longing to see that Little sister/Get back medley, I´ve been waiting since 1980 when I first heard it.
Man, I´m getting old :lol:

Lennart

Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:38 pm

i think little sister/get back was placed on the TCM site according to the TTWII site

Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:41 pm

Lennart wrote:Great sound and a amazing show!
This is Elvis at his best and imagine having this concert complete
on DVD.
Hopefully they filmed the entire show so that we all can enjoy it someday.
I´m still longing to see that Little sister/Get back medley, I´ve been waiting since 1980 when I first heard it.
Man, I´m getting old :lol:

Lennart

I'm almost beginning to loose faith in these fantastic performances being released complete on DVD.

The TTWII SE DVD should have been the ultimate Elvis in Vegas August 1970 experience, but instead it was the most disappointing experience in my long life as an Elvis fan.

I'll never get over it, unless they finally get their act together and rereleases it in the same way as the great Comeback and Aloha DVD sets, with at least 3 DVDs packed with both the rehearsals and the shows that were filmed.

Br
Kristian

Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:02 pm

Never loose faith, Kristian!
Someday, hopefully, we WILL have all the things we expected when
they released it back in 2000.
Little sister and all!

Lennart

Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:07 pm

Lennart wrote:Never loose faith, Kristian!
Someday, hopefully, we WILL have all the things we expected when
they released it back in 2000.
Little sister and all!

Lennart

You're right, Lennart!

We should never lose the faith! :lol:

I only hope it will be released sometime during this century..? :roll:

Br
Kristian

Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:11 pm

MB280E wrote:We definately need another complete show from this Las Vegas season. I suggest they bring out the dinner show from August 11th. or the one from August 12th. We need to get the movie versions of I´ve Lost You, You´ve Lost That Lovin´ Feelin´ and Bridge Over Troubled Water, so the dinner show from August 11th. would be my choice.

Sincerely MB280E

I agree with you MB280E. We need another concert from this time. If I had to choose one concert it would be the August, 11th, 1970 DS. The concert from August 12th 1970 DS also looks good too. Anyway, we could have a 2 CD Set... :wink:

Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:12 pm

You're right, Lennart!

We should never lose the faith!

I only hope it will be released sometime during this century..?

Br
Kristian

Don´t we all!

Lennart

Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:29 pm

Holy Internet Time Batman..my 500th post (487 of them worthless)

I agree with everyone, but was there a different remastering technique used? Was it recorded differently than other live shows from this period. Other official releases from this time frame don't have the "punch" of the band. Stranger In The Crowd on Disc 3 has total edge (given mostly by the bass IMO). The bass sound reminds me of the Memphis Sessions of 1969 (even though one is live and one is not - and one is Scheff and one is not).
I agree with the Hampton Roads. I bought the Triangle release. Sony/BMG should get their hands on that total CD package. IT IS PHENOMENAL. Excellent J Card, booklet, Elvis On Tour press sheet included.

Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:52 pm

Hampton stuff fyi

http://www.tcb-files.com/pictures/hamptons_flyer.jpg

http://www.tcb-files.com/pictures/hampt ... k_peak.gif

Excellent release..if you dont have it, get it (I got mine on ebay)

Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:06 pm

Thanks for those pics Jon. Brilliant. :D

Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:06 pm

For some reason I have never been able to get into this show...he reminds me so much of the Elvis from vegas in 73/74/76. His distain for Vegas seems to come through on this show. I love the show on Disk 2 of the Vegas box. That is an awesome show.

Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:18 pm

I like the Hampton Roads show a lot, too.
(It's not in Vegas, by the way.)

That's some disc, Jon!
I've never seen that one.
When will FTD do packaging like this?

As for the set in question, I love disc 2, also.

I wish he always did "Love Me" with such fervor in the '70s.