Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis and Humphrey Bogart

Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:38 pm

Do you know if they ever met each other?? Any pics or story??
Or any speech from him about Elvis??
Any info I would be very thankful..

Best Regards
Renan.

Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:50 pm

Very unlikely, Bogey was too ill durng 56 which would have been the only time they could have met with bogey passing away in Jan 57. I don't see why they would have met prior to 1956 before ill health got to him.

Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:37 am

I seem to recall reading somewhere that Bogie didn't think much of Rock & Roll, nor Elvis ... although I'm sure his opinion would've softened had he lived past 1956.

Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:53 am

Elvis and Bogie.
Wow!!
My favorite singer and my favorite actor.
Too bad they didn't meet. I don't think it would've turned out very good. Bogie was a heavy smoker and drinker and didn't like crowds of people.
I don't think that would have set well with Elvis or Bogie.

jeff R

Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:22 am

Did Elvis ever shag Lauren Bacall?

Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:39 pm

OK, thanks for all replies :wink:

Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:46 pm

TCB TED wrote:I seem to recall reading somewhere that Bogie didn't think much of Rock & Roll, nor Elvis ... although I'm sure his opinion would've softened had he lived past 1956.

I guess Bogie and ol' Blue Eyes had equal thoughts regarding Rock'n Roll and Elvis.

Sinatra obviously later changed his mind about Elvis.
I'm not sure he changed his mind about Rock'n Roll, though...

Br
Kristian

Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:35 pm

Spellbinder wrote:Did Elvis ever shag Lauren Bacall?

:shock: :D :roll: :lol:

I dare say we're running out of topics.

I'm going to dredge up some old favorites shortly. :wink:

Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:47 pm

I asked Lauren Bacall about this very thing a few years ago. She said that to her knowledge they never met, nor did she think Bogart would have known him (Elvis) had he walked up to him. No offense was meant to Elvis, it just wasn't Bogart's kind of music.