Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

68 Special DVD complete?

Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:57 pm

Hello,

Ofcourse I am very happy with the Collectors Edition of the 68 Special but is it complete? Does it contain everything that was filmed? I was listening to the Memories CD and I thought I heard some stuff that isn't on the DVD. Was this audio alone with no footage? That would explain why it isn't on the set.

Also why isn't the Aloha pressconference on the Aloha DVD set?

Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:01 pm

I don't think the aloha press con was owned by EPE, just the footage of the shows were owned by Elvis out right hfter the repeat option had been taken up or the time period expired.

As for the 68 special, there is lots of footage that was not on it, but I'm not talking about the same scenario you are. The different angles that were left off is quite considerable.
sometimes there is audio running with a black screen, so whether they left that off as there was nothing to actually see even though the audio was still being recorded may account for it.

Re: 68 Special DVD complete?

Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:53 pm

Elvis-4-Ever wrote:Hello,

Ofcourse I am very happy with the Collectors Edition of the 68 Special but is it complete? Does it contain everything that was filmed? I was listening to the Memories CD and I thought I heard some stuff that isn't on the DVD. Was this audio alone with no footage? That would explain why it isn't on the set.

Due to an production error,the complete it hurts me track is not available on the box.

Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:11 pm

In other words, we've been screwed again...

Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:28 pm

Zzhang, how have we been screwed again? We do very well out of BMG. I'm also a Beatles fan and there isn't anywhere near the same amount of material available for the Fab Four as for Elvis. Just because the odd thing is missing on a release doesn't mean we've been screwed. what about human error? Chad

Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:37 pm

What about a recall and replacement?

If there is a human error, then there is a human correction.
Have they corrected their mistake?
No...?

Oh, I see...
So we HAVE been screwed!

Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:47 pm

Zzhang, youre expecting too much. BMG is in it for the $ not to give fans perfect releases. If you look at boards for the Beatles, Bowie, Hendrix etc you'll see they have the same gripes as us. One track not perfect doesn't equal being screwed. The comeback release was a great one. If the full It Hurts Me not being on it means fans were screwed what is the merit of whats on the rest of the discs???? Chad

Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:52 pm

you are expecting too little

I just ask them to correct their mistake.
Can they? Will they?
If they show good faith that it IS a mistake, then they have to be ready to CORRECT it, otherwise, it's just useless air coming from someone's mouth or useless words typed on a keybaord and that's what you have been doing
Unless you work for them
But I don't care

I never said anything about what WAS on the disc, YOU did.
That's NOT what we are talking about. But it looks like you didn't understand that.
From what I can see, you won't understand this and subsequent replies, so I'll leave it at this, and feel free to waste more air and keyboard strokes, 'cause I won't even look.
You made your point and I understand it.
You didn't even try to understand mine, just go against it no matter waht.
So just enjoy your frustration alone.... (I won't even read this post anymore.. go ahead, vent your frustration)

Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:59 pm

Zzhang, so far I've read 2 posts from you and boy do they make it miserable reading.

I would go to the Guinees World Records and ask if that chip on your shoulder is the biggest in the world.

What a way to lower the tone, don't think anyones managed to do it so quickly before.
You can keep it up if you want but it won't be for long if you do.

Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:00 pm

zzhang, Do you have some kind of mental problem?

Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:32 am

Anonymous wrote:In other words, we've been screwed again...

It Hurts Me is featured, just not inserted in its place in the show. The footage is still on another disc, so nothing to really sweat about.
Last edited by TJ on Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:34 am

Elvis-4-Ever wrote:

Have you ever seen it? Elvis is quite out of it and it wouldn't have been a positive addition to the set.

Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:48 am

TJ wrote:
Elvis-4-Ever wrote:

Have you ever seen it? Elvis is quite out of it and it wouldn't have been a positive addition to the set.

That footage reveals it is quite obvious sumthin' is a lil unusual about Elvis' speech, mannerisms and breathing...

check out Elvis' reply when the interviewer asks Elvis how he paces himself... :shock:

Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:40 am

That Press Conference from Sept 72 is nowhere near as bad as the Nov 72 one. Elvis could barely pronounce "privilege" and seem not to fare much better in verbalizing a thought.

As far as the 68 box goes, I do believe I remember seeing a few seconds of footage of Elvis with his cigar on the old VHS tapes that circulated twentysomething years ago. Singing "That's My Desire" or something. I remember when watching the DVDs that there was something missing, but I never researched it to find out what or how much.

I also was curious about the end of the It Hurts Me bit being missing on the DVDs.

Axe

Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:46 am

Steve_M wrote:Zzhang, so far I've read 2 posts from you and boy do they make it miserable reading.

Obviously, there are things we don't see eye to eye on, but I couldn't have said that better myself.

Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:34 am

Axeman wrote:That Press Conference from Sept 72 is nowhere near as bad as the Nov 72 one. Elvis could barely pronounce "privilege" and seem not to fare much better in verbalizing a thought

:lol: hey axe, my friend and I have joked about that for years on how
hammered Elvis sounds when he tries say "Privilege", which actually comes out sounding like "Pribleege"... :shock:

Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:45 am

minkahed wrote:
Axeman wrote:That Press Conference from Sept 72 is nowhere near as bad as the Nov 72 one. Elvis could barely pronounce "privilege" and seem not to fare much better in verbalizing a thought

:lol: hey axe, my friend and I have joked about that for years on how
hammered Elvis sounds when he tries say "Privilege", which actually comes out sounding like "Pribleege"... :shock:

cmon Mink, he was hammered? pretty harsh, that was just his Mississippi accent comin thru! :wink: :lol:

Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:54 pm

It was his accent. He always sounds like that on words with "L" in the middle. Sometimes listen to him in 50's when he says "ladies and gentleman".

Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:09 pm

Was there not talk, a while back, of bootleg video footage being available of Elvis signing the comic lyric rewrite of 'it hurts me' at a birthday party for the colonel on set?

Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:28 pm

Axeman wrote:I also was curious about the end of the It Hurts Me bit being missing on the DVDs.

That's right! The end of the song when Elvis is standing there with his foot on the pile of bodies is missing.

Tom