Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

EPE's lying again!!

Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:41 am

They claim that the rumored remixes are a "hoax". They say that Dimuro didn't speak about the rumored planned remixes. But he did because I saw it with my own eyes and ears on the news and heard him specifically say "we are aiming at mainstream listeners with dance re-mixes and a contemporary track for top 40 radio."

EPE is trying to hide it for some reason. And they need to quit lying to the fans who make their salaries. :evil:

Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:07 am

Yes, I agree with you....

Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:14 am

Are you sure he was actually talking about Elvis...or was he talking about current RCA artists and marketing strategies.

Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:19 am

KiwiAlan wrote:Are you sure he was actually talking about Elvis...or was he talking about current RCA artists and marketing strategies.

YES! The story alone was about Elvis and marketing him to a newer generation.

They showed clips of Elvis on stage in the 50's and then an Aloha snippet and then him (Dimuro) speaking for a second or 2 and then back to more footage while his voice was over the footage before they closed saying Elvis would have been 70 had he'd lived. I believe it was CNBC or MSNBC.

Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:34 am

Who wants to hear another Elvis song remixed??
It worked a few times but now they should leave them alone.

Elvis never liked his songs messed about with.

Its also proved that Elvis songs dont need to be remixed for them to sell and hit the charts.

Sean

Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:07 am

I have the same thought Sean Ryan..
But I wish we have a new remix because ALLC brought us many young fans...I don´t know in other countries but in Brazil it was great! I am only 20, young but now I became old! :shock:
Yes, in the Brazilian events organized by Walteir my big friend it´s incredible the number of young fans..From 8 to 15 years old!

I agree Elvis songs don´t need to be remixed but the strategic in my point of view is: remix a couple of songs in the same quality that ALLC had and we will have great results in a few years...
Please, look for "Change Of Habit".....that´s exactly what the world needs now so nothing better than this song.
Just an opinion..

Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:04 am

Yes I want a new remix, just like I want them to remix Beethoven so they can make him more salable to a new generation. It is just like what Jimmy Stewart said about colorizing old movies. Just leave the art alone. It was good then and will stand the test of time. The Elvis formula was good then so there is no reason to "help" it to appeal to a new generation. Elvis is timeless. There is no reason to screw around with his music. If anyone will stand the test of time it is Elvis. There is no need to worry about this. 500 years from now they will still be listening to Elvis.

Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:30 am

ekenee wrote: 500 years from now they will still be listening to Elvis.

Wouldn't that be something...

Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:27 am

Hello,

I'm surprised that Sony/BMG hasn't gotten Lisa to make a duet recording yet. I realize that Lisa is signed with Capitol but considering how much the music industry is in shambles nowadays, it is conceivable that at some point we will see a duet single or full length album. I personally would like to see a duet of Love Letters using Elvis' 1970 vocal. I would much rather see just a single duet rather than a full album however. I think for the most part the remix thing has run it's course and it isn't something that Sony/BMG needs to try again just for the sake of trying.

Daryl

Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:52 am

The problem here is with 'THE CUT' ($$$$$) EPE will get from any new re-mix.
They make VERY LITTLE from pre 72 as we all know so work it out from that folks :roll: :wink:

Maybe I'll go and buy a 'duck' to help them out, then again................

Re: EPE's lying again!!

Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:56 pm

Lakeisha wrote:They claim that the rumored remixes are a "hoax". They say that Dimuro didn't speak about the rumored planned remixes. But he did because I saw it with my own eyes and ears on the news and heard him specifically say "we are aiming at mainstream listeners with dance re-mixes and a contemporary track for top 40 radio."

EPE is trying to hide it for some reason. And they need to quit lying to the fans who make their salaries. :evil:

Well how could he have spoken about rumours when he actually spoke about what they intend doing and not rumours at all. Surely he did the opposite and dispelled the rumours, not spoke of rumours ?

Re: Remix's

Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:53 pm

I feel the time is right to look at a classical remix - let's boost some of ELVIS' power ballads and lesser known smootchers - imaging the acoustics of a modern orchestra placed within Always On My Mind, Seperate Ways, It Hurts Me or I'll remember you - you could even rejuvenate some obscure movie ballads like The Girl I never loved or All that I Am. I know this would be 'gimmick' enough for radio 2 airplay, which these days dictates chart success far more than radio 1 in the U.K.

Regards the quote of 'Art will live the test of time' NO it will not - I have witnessed several things first hand that I hate to admit:

1) ALLC has done more positive work with younger fans than any remastering of Aloha OR On Tour will doo, sad but true!!!

2) Watching my own childrens re-action to certain things, my kids are 5 & 8, they don't listen to music, like we do, they WATCH it! - they will see a colour vehicle like Loving You and see it as watch-able BUT Love Me Tender and King Creole are considered b/w and OLD!!!! like we see Charlie Chaplin and Laurel & Hardy. I know this hurts but trust me we need to see the world the way they do not the world we are used too!!!!

Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:55 pm

What's the problem? If you don't like the remix, don't buy it.
People who do like it will buy it and if it brings some new fans into the Elvis world, they have my blessing.
Some of you guys need to hang loose and chill :wink:

Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:47 pm

I agree with Elvis-4-Ever. I appreciate the sanctity of Elvis' music, but those recordings will live forever, and we will always have them. If remixing a couple of tracks bring in a new legion of fans, I think it's not only a good thing, but a necessary thing.

Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:38 pm

Daryl wrote:Hello,

I'm surprised that Sony/BMG hasn't gotten Lisa to make a duet recording yet. I realize that Lisa is signed with Capitol but considering how much the music industry is in shambles nowadays, it is conceivable that at some point we will see a duet single or full length album. I personally would like to see a duet of Love Letters using Elvis' 1970 vocal. I would much rather see just a single duet rather than a full album however. I think for the most part the remix thing has run it's course and it isn't something that Sony/BMG needs to try again just for the sake of trying.

Daryl

Lisa has already addressed that topic in interviews. Bottom line, she wants to be her own person and is not interested in doing any more duets, or even singing her father's songs for that matter. Not that she's ruled it out forever, but her focus right now is miles from that.

Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:13 pm

Is it just me or is EPE pulling a double standard here.

They don't wanna spend the money to remake and promote Elvis' lesser known songs into modern day #1's and long term success while bringin in newer younger fans to boost their own wallets. But yet they will spend triple amounts of dollars to promote a world tour on video for 8 years now. I don't get that at all.

Now my point is this. If EPE or any Elvis fan for that matter has a problem with "remaking the songs" then why are they marketing and promoting Elvis-The Concert? It's the same thing. An old recording removing/isolating Elvis' vocal to put (or play live) a new instrumentation down over the vocals to give it a new modern day approach. AS IF IT WERE DONE TODAY.

There's nothing at all different from doin that with E-TC then doin a new studio album with newer backing tracks.

I would love to hear EPE's excuse to that. :lol:

Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:17 pm

You are kidding me ?

The E-TC brings in revenue to EPE so that's obvious why they would get involved with that. They own nearly all the footage used and get a payment for such.

A record bought out by BMG would benefit BMG, they own the original recordings of Elvis Presley not EPE.

I know all this is obvious to most of the new fans, but my reason for spelling it out was to try and discover through doing so where the connection is.

Are we really asking why EPE do not bring out something they do not own ?

Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:16 pm

ME4EP wrote:The problem here is with 'THE CUT' ($$$$$) EPE will get from any new re-mix.
They make VERY LITTLE from pre 72 as we all know so work it out from that folks :roll: :wink:

Maybe I'll go and buy a 'duck' to help them out, then again................

I do believe that years ago, there was some sort of deal struck between EPE and BMG where EPE now does get some royalties from the 1973-or-earlier material. It may not be what they would have gotten had the Colonel not sold the catalog, but it's something.
I don't recall where I heard this. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Axe

Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:30 pm

I can't word for word, but the best source of info on this is the official site where they explain it at length.

Having said that I'm still not fully convinced as others interpret the info a different way.