Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Missed Opportunity By Sony/BMG for HITSTORY

Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:57 pm

Hello,

Sony/BMG has missed the perfect chance to make the definitive greatest hits boxset with HITSTORY. Here's what they should have done.

1. Made it a four CD set with the third and fourth discs comprising more than just the 19 remaining Top Twenty Hits in the U.S. This would allow for more fan favorites, U.K. hits and classics. The third and fourth discs should have had at least thirty songs a piece like the first two discs.
2. A bonus DVD should have been included which would have contained the 100 minute expanded version of the television special Elvis Lives. This DVD also would have contained the music videos for A Little Less Conversation and Rubberneckin' as well as the Today show story on I'm A Roustabout.
3. All four CDS would be done in SACD or DVD audio

By the way, Hitstory is available now from Amazon.com. Unfortunately they have it listed as History.

Daryl

Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:41 pm

This release is a joke. E1 and E2 have already been available as a double pack and now they add a third CD. This new CD consists of only 19 songs and I don't think this is the best they could have done. If this had been a SACD release I might have bought it anyway but now it offers nothing. I don't think the sound is equal to E1 and E2. At least it doesn't say so. Only that it is digitally remastered using DSD Technology. I hope it is better than it looks like. I guess someone here will buy it and let us know.

Disc 3: THE STORY CONTINUES

I Beg Of You
My Wish Came True
Fame And Fortune
I Gotta Know
Flaming Star
Follow That Dream
One Broken Heart For Sale
Kissin’ Cousins
Such A Night
Ask Me
Ain’t That Lovin You Baby
Easy Question
I’m Yours – Single Master
Puppet On A String
Love Letters
Separate Ways
Steamroller Blues
If You Talk In Your Sleep
My Boy

Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:50 pm

What creativity. :roll:

Thankfully Elvis fans have FTD. It is sad watching BMG destroy Elvis' artistic credibility and legacy by deleting important albums from the mainstream catalogue while issuing one non-creative complilation after another.

Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:29 am

Very strange thing to do ... and thats the norm with the presley cata.

Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:44 am

I just got back into town and I saw what BMG's proposed release was.

HOW DISAPPOINTING!!!!!!!

First of all I really don't care for the name because it is way to close to the Michael Jackson 'His Story.

And for the contents where do we start.

If they wated to that could just have included all the number ones from around the world. We have all seen the lists. I think its about 80 or 90 songs.

I think the best idea would be that they could reconfigure it to include all the top 40 Hits from the UK and US both Cashbox, Billboard as well as the Country and Rand B charts.

If you are doing all this doplication that they will do I would like to have seen a set with one CD devote to Gospel, Blues, Country and Rock to show the diversity of what Elvis could sing. this may not be the best idea, but I would settle for this with a different track configuation than what they are currently proposing.

I mean this catalog is new to SONY doesnt anyone want to take the time to come up with a decent compilation. Are they so board with the Presley
catalog?

Burning Love

Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:38 pm

i have emailed EPE nd i hope they take my email in to consideration