Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis things in New York

Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:00 pm

Hi everybody..me and a friend are going to New York in august this year. This will be the very first time for us to visit New York. We met when we travelled together to Memphis through an Elvis club back in 1998. We are from Sweden.
Now, is there anyone here who can recommend where to stay in New York, not too expensive, and also recommend places to visit, regarding Elvis, any Elvis shops or things like that...thank you in advance... :)

Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:33 pm

hi caranti, i live and work in n.y, as far as elvis goes. you can visit the warick hotel where he gave his 56 press confrence, that is on the west side of manhattan, the old ed sullivan theater which is now the david letterman show studios is on broadway in the west 50's. madison square garden in on 34 street and 6th avenue, and across the street is the hotel where elvis gave the famous 72 press coference. as far as cds go. in the west village you can got to shops like generation records on thompson street. bleeker street records on bleecker street and revolver records on west 8th street. they all carry a nice selection of 'import' cds. hope this helps. drop me an emailmin the message box before you come maybe i can come say hello. i visit these shops every friday on my day off from work. all the best, mike :roll:

Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:05 pm

Elvis performed in Ed Sullivan theatre ??