Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Are The FTD cd's collectable?

Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:40 am

I'm jus curious...

I have most of the FTD discs and I also have sum duplicates still sealed.

The reason I'm asking is, The cd player in my CRV scratched my TODAY Disc 2 and I'm pretty pissed. I jus opened it up only a week ago and only played it twice!

the warranty jus expired and HONDA won't do nuthin', or can't do, is what the rep told me.

It's ok, I'll buy another, but jus wanted to know, within time, will these cd's be sought after like I think they will be...?

Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:14 am

Hey try to take the original disc to like a Blockbuster and see if they can get the scratch out. These stores usually have a machine that can do that... then for Gods sake make CDR copies to keep in your car! I never take my original FTDs in the auto.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Re: Are The FTD cd's collectable?

Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:21 am

minkahed wrote:I'm jus curious... within time, will these cd's be sought after like I think they will be...?

I think they will be one day... but not in the too distant future. These will be more collectable for the say, people that are becoming fans "today" and will want to hear some of this material, good and bad in like 10 or 15 years.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:21 am

JEFF d wrote:Hey try to take the original disc to like a Blockbuster and see if they can get the scratch out. These stores usually have a machine that can do that... then for Gods sake make CDR copies to keep in your car! I never take my original FTDs in the auto.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Thanks Jeff, I'm currently making copies of most of my FTD cd's right not. I usually don't play the originals in the car, but I jus got that Disc and hadn't played it yet, and was on my way for a 3 hour trip to Virginia.

So, I thought, what a better way to listen and enjoy my new cd.

Anyway, Thanks for the reply...
Last edited by minkahed on Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:34 am, edited 4 times in total.

Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:25 am

Aren't they're only a couple of thousand printed? I thought they were limited.....

Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:33 am

The older FTD's are getting really expensive. I already had to pay about 80 bucks for "Elvis At The International", the only live concert I was missing of the series...

Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:37 am

Thomas wrote:The older FTD's are getting really expensive. I already had to pay about 80 bucks for "Elvis At The International", the only live concert I was missing of the series...

80 bucks for "Elvis At The International" ???

Where in the Hell did u buy the disc from, Paul Leecher?

$80 for 1 cd is real expensive. you coulda probably saved a ton if u had of checked on ebay FIRST!

Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:39 am

Oh I forgot, best wishes from Mister Leecher :lol:

Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:56 pm

Thomas wrote:The older FTD's are getting really expensive. I already had to pay about 80 bucks for "Elvis At The International", the only live concert I was missing of the series...

That's insane! I bought that cd a week ago from the official Elvis-site. Cost only 25 bucks and the shipping was free.

Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:57 pm

yes but you see, when I wanted to buy it half a year ago, I ordered at about four places and they all came back to me that the CD wasn't available anymore. So I finally checked Amazon and found a new one for that price.

and it was MY money ... :wink:

Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:47 pm

All the FTDS are still on sale,and there is a few places you can get them in the uk, all at £16 or so.

So the answer to your Q is no,not at this time.

Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:36 pm

My copies of Burbank 68 and Out In Hollywood (the first 2 FTD's) each have a white sticker on the front that says the title on one line, then "Fanclub Only Limited Edition of 7000" on the next line followed by a brief description of the contents and a long number (looks like a UPC no.) I don't know if this makes them collectable or not but none of the other ones I own have this sticker. I also wonder if there were more than 7000 made or if this was the initial run and more were made later. I don't think any of the FTD's are particularly rare at this point. They are all still advertised on EPE's site.

Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:19 pm

Doubt many FTDs will be worth much. Too many of them on the market with 12 released each year. Even the BMG releases are only 1 or 2 each 12 months (OK with a much higher sales base). The book & CD releases may become collectors items as there high price means lower sales to begin with. Burbank '68, being the 1st FTD release will grow in value. Chad

Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:35 pm

Thomas

I have some FTD CD's you will want to buy...
Please wait a few months... and save some money
: P

I think Today will be worth something tomorrow
:P

Re: Are The FTD cd's collectable?

Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:06 am

minkahed wrote:I'm jus curious... will these cd's be sought after like I think they will be

They already are.

If you look on eBay, there is hardly ever an FTD that goes without several bids.

Some day, when FTD ceases to exist, they will be a hot commodity.

Any non-believers? Wait and see.

Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:59 pm

Surely those cd's that FTD managed to screw up are worth more that the "normal" ones? At least a penny or so... such as the scratched (or something like that) "So High" and the front cover of "Tucson '76" which became "Tuscon '76"... which I've got and can trade to anyone interested

Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:02 pm

see the price thay get on ebay...so not that collectible as today

http://cgi.ebay.com/elvis-presley-ftd-s ... dZViewItem

Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:07 pm

Yes, let the children sell them.