Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis article in August 15 NY Post

Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:42 am

You'll have to register [for free] to read the entire article:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08152005/gossip/liz.htm

Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:25 am

This is the intro bit you can read prior to registering:

August 15, 2005 -- 'ELVIS HAS left the building!" is attributed to dear old anonymous. But it's still fitting, for tomorrow marks 28 years since the death of the king of rock 'n' roll.

Seeing as it is not attributed to anonymous only by NYpost hacks I didn't bother registering and reading the rest of the article based on that amount of accuracy. :roll:

Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:08 am

Steve...

You don"t mean!

No

Not even a word on PANDROP"S?.

Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:41 pm

Oh here it is in full :roll: :

LOVE HIM TENDER, New York Post
By LIZ SMITH

'ELVIS HAS left the building!" is attributed to dear old anonymous. But it's still fitting, for tomorrow marks 28 years since the death of the king of rock 'n' roll.

This leads me to Chris Epting's new book, "Elvis Presley Passed Here," which is an actual sign put up in Los Angeles by the Department of Recreation and Parks at the De Neve Park (Beverly Glen Boulevard, one block north of Sunset Boulevard). It was here that Elvis played touch football with Ricky Nelson, Pat Boone and Max Baer Jr. during the mid-'60s. Mr. Epting has done other books citing pop-culture landmarks; his "James Dean Died Here" and "Marilyn Monroe Dyed Here" are well-loved.

The author wrote to me after reading my new book, "Dishing," which features a chapter about Elvis and what he loved to eat. In his own new work, Epting adds what he calls "some Elvis-related sites" that can be visited by Presley devotees. He offers the Arcade Restaurant in Memphis, which features the very booths where Elvis once sat before he became famous in the 1950s, and then another one where he sat after. The Arcade, the oldest restaurant in Memphis, also has a silver plaque reading "Elvis Presley's Booth Since 1953."

Epting wants visitors to Memphis not to miss the Baptist Memorial Hospital where Elvis was pronounced dead. It is also where Lisa Marie Presley was born in February, 1968. He recommends the Elvis-a-Rama Museum in Las Vegas and the "Elvis Is Alive" Museum in Wright City, Mo. My favorite Elvis-in-Memphis site is Libertyland amusement park where Elvis always rode the Zippin' Pippin roller coaster. They have a sign here saying that on this ride Elvis lost his big silver belt buckle and they found it and returned it to him.

Sigh! Oh, the simpler days of celebrity yesteryear.

MORE ELVIS: The audio ver sion of Pamela Clarke Keogh's excellent book, "Elvis Presley: the Man, the Life, the Legend," is just out from Blackstone Audio Books, read by Anna Fields. Keogh's work was the first authorized biography of Presley. One of Elvis' old friends and a member of his entourage, Jerry Schilling, has asked for a copy.

You'd think he'd know the story by heart.

That's by famed gossip columnist Liz Smith. Someday a younger
writer may not even bother. Enjoy it while we can, I say.