Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

200 Cadillacs: Documentary on Turner South

Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:00 pm

Last night (Aug 16), I managed to catch the documentary "200 Cadillacs" on the Turner South Network. I've never seen this one before, and I must say it was quite interesting, because the entire episode mainly focussed on Elvis' generosity & giving. I was also pleased that they showed a good number of photographs that I've never seen before, both candid and concert.

If anyone has a chance to see this show, I suggest you check it out. :D

Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:28 pm

If there's demand I'll put the whole thng on the server so everyone can watch it. It's been out a while now so i guess it won't effect sales too much by now.

I know, darn it, what's her name, sorry, I've forgotten your name, who is a member on here and was partly behind the production of it, would you object if I put it on the server in Windows Media Player format ?

Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:54 pm

This was beautifully done and the music was very nice as well.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:11 pm

Steve_M wrote:If there's demand I'll put the whole thng on the server so everyone can watch it. It's been out a while now so i guess it won't effect sales too much by now.

I know, darn it, what's her name, sorry, I've forgotten your name, who is a member on here and was partly behind the production of it, would you object if I put it on the server in Windows Media Player format ?


I appreciate your asking before you posted it. However, as the exec producer of this documentary, I object to your putting any part of '200 Cadillacs' on a server!

I just sold a bunch of copies of the DVD and CD this past EW and would hope you wouldn't kill any chances of our breaking even some day.

Susan

Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:35 pm

Steve,
Never, ever tick off the Executive Producer.......EVER!! I'd piss off a director before the EP.:wink:

Susan, great job on the film. My sincere compliments to you, Dan, Rex, and the enire production staff on a job very well done.

Tom

Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:11 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:Steve,
Never, ever tick off the Executive Producer.......EVER!! I'd piss off a director before the EP.:wink:

Susan, great job on the film. My sincere compliments to you, Dan, Rex, and the enire production staff on a job very well done.

Tom


LOL

Thanks. BTW, we've been working with Ken Vrana.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:15 pm

Yeah, Ken's a great guy.

Tom

Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:49 am

seattlesusieq wrote:
Steve_M wrote:If there's demand I'll put the whole thng on the server so everyone can watch it. It's been out a while now so i guess it won't effect sales too much by now.

I know, darn it, what's her name, sorry, I've forgotten your name, who is a member on here and was partly behind the production of it, would you object if I put it on the server in Windows Media Player format ?


I appreciate your asking before you posted it. However, as the exec producer of this documentary, I object to your putting any part of '200 Cadillacs' on a server!

I just sold a bunch of copies of the DVD and CD this past EW and would hope you wouldn't kill any chances of our breaking even some day.

Susan


Hey no worries, I knew you'd not made your millions on it that's why I asked first and because I know you're a fan first and foremost.
Last edited by Steve_M on Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:46 am

Hey Steve M when the heck are ya ever gonna put up that color film of Elvis meeting Nixon? Forget EOT out takes, thats what I'm wanting to see!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:05 am

Well, there's a new technique out that I like that uses still photos. I have tried in the past to create a clip of the meeting using all the stills but I've never been happy with it.

If I ever do get to do something I think is worth it I'll see about getting someone to colorise it. :wink:

Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:10 am

Yeah, really...that movie has been in the DVD racks waiting
for me to buy it...! And I will, soon enough. Nice to know
one of the makers is present.

:idea: Steve, can you ask Tom in NC about posting the rough
cuts of that new 13-hour Elvis documentary ....?

I'm sure he won't mind, either. :D :lol:

Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:24 am

200 Cadillacs is a really good doc... I got a copy at one of our fan club meetings. I really enjoyed this show. :)

JEFF d
Elvis fan