My choices would have to be:
- a classic album if there ever was one! Who cares if some of the songs were recorded at SUN!!!???
- his first "real album", a timeless classic as well!
- simply a great soundtrack from the 50s era!
Elvis' Christmas Album
- the most controversial christmas album ever? (radio stations banned Santa Claus Is Back In Town etc)
- the cover alone makes it a classic, and there's good music on it too!
Elvis' Golden Records
- probably the best and most valuable "collection of singles" of all times!?
Elvis' Golden Records Vol 2
- as mentioned by others; the cover has made this a classic alone! And the music isn't bad either...
Elvis Is Back
- has to be the best album of the early 60s, period!
From Elvis In Memphis
- explains itself!
That's The Way It Is
- marvellous stuff!
- one of the best concept albums ever! Stands out even stronger today!
Now, I can't make up my mind if also the following should be counted in as classics (they probably should):
His Hand In Mine
- his first gospel album
How Great Thou Art
- grammy winning gospel album, but I prefer HHIM
Elvis' NBC TV Special
- historical event, but the album itself could and should have been produced better, in my opinion...
Elvis In Person
- it doesn't get any better than this!
Elvis On Stage
- not as good as EIP, but still a milestone
Aloha From Hawaii
- TV history was made, it topped the charts, Elvis' last recognized milestone