Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

EPEs plans for Graceland Crossing

Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:22 am

EIN (http://www.elvisinfonet.com) has news on EPEs plans to tear down Graceland Crossing. Since Silberman took over EPE is hell bent on change.

Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:22 pm

You might like to read it again?

EPE CEO, Jack Soden, has told a fan appreciation at Elvis Week 2005 outing that plans call for the tearing down of Graceland <b>Plaza</b>, across the street from the mansion, and replacing it with a more modernized one building. When asked Graceland's future plans for Graceland <b>Crossing</b> (where the last two independent shops have been told they must clear out by 1st November) . . . Soden said there were plans, but for the moment he is not at liberty to discuss them.

I'm all for getting rid of the plaza and updating it but as for the crossing...... it should have been left alone.
Then again maybe they plan to use the crossing as a temp area while the plaza is re-developed, who knows?

Re: EPEs plans for Graceland Crossing

Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:32 pm

chad heywood wrote:Since Silberman took over EPE is hell bent on change.

It's true, the crack whores across the street must switch corners every 3 hours now.

Tom

Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:35 am

I live in Memphis (actually Germantown) and I heard there was going to be a massive multi million dollar museum and hotel that EPE wanted to build across the street from Graceland but didn't have the money at the time to invest in such a project. But when Sillerman joined in, they had the oportunity to then make things happen with the estate that never could have before financially.

I asked EPE a while back if they were going to build the museum in time for the 30th anniversary of Elvis' death and they said that "not at the time did they have anything in the works". But all of a sudden, they have now decided to make things happen much quicker than planned.

I'm hoping they do build a new museum and place everything in one huge building with style, technique, and a lot of creativity to make it more complete and attract a newer group of fans and non fans. And I am hoping it is completed in time for the HUGE 30th anniversary events here in 2007.

I think a lot of people are confused to what involvement with EPE that Sillerman has. I see it as a smart investment move by Lisa. She wants to take her dad's legacy to newer and further hights.

Sillerman can make things happen financially that couldn't have happened before. I think you should be thankful for him and not hate on him. Give him a chance to show all the Elvis fans worldwide just what a great idea and investment it was for EPE to merge with Sillerman. I think you'll be suprised.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:40 am

Welcome back, Lakeisha. Always nice to see folks from other Elvis boards!
It seems we both have similiar posting trends here. :roll: :lol:

Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:41 am

Yep - he's started out with a first impression that really got me on board with his future plans and how he sees Elvis in the future - that darn ducking duck