Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

ELVIS AUDIENCE RECORDINGS

Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:55 pm

During the last few days, I've been listening to several Elvis boot CD's that I hadn't heard in awhile. I was stunned by the CD UNCHAINED ELVIS because this has got to be the BEST audience recording I've ever heard!

Here's my question:

ARE THERE ANY OTHER AUDIENCE RECORDINGS THAT ARE AS PERFECT QUALITY AS "UNCHAINED ELVIS?"

If so, what are they? I'd like to add them to my collection.

Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:01 pm

Caught In The Act
Love Letters Grom Nevada
The Request Box Shows
Double Dynamite
A Dinner Bell In Vegas
A Bright Midnight With Elvis
No Fooling Around

....among others.

In my opinion Unchained Elvis is not the best audience rec. ive heard.

Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:41 am

High Spirits in Vegas (must be the best one I have heard) and New Year's Eve.

Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:41 am

You can’t go wrong with most of the Memory Records releases, although you might want to stay away from Let It Be Me, Last Time in Portland, and possibly also … I Did It My Way. Poor sound on the first two compared to the rest of the stuff they’ve issued.

Ken

Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:46 am

Live At The Omni (Atlanta 1975) and A New Live Experience (Long Beach 1972) are two that are great sounding audience recordings.

However, there are so many other very good ones as well.

Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:09 pm

Double Dynamite is great! - I prefer a good soundiing audience recording to a muffled soundboard anytime! A good audience recording brings not only the songs and the mood of Elvis, it reproduces the original sound!

All the arguing about the mixes of the 69 recordings or whatsoever are in fact all crap and rubbish because a multi-track can never ever reproduce the original sound. Audience recordings can! The catch the audience, the screams, and especially the comments of those who recorded it back then.

Take I JUST CAN'T HELP BELIEVIN' from the Double Dynamite release, for example: as Elvis starts off, somebody is saying "oh, goooood" - a mulit track recording can never reproduce that!

In my opinion the best sounding "audience" recording is the Vegas show from august 73 that was released on the 1st PROFILE Box. Listening to that one makes you feel like sitting in the middle of the showroom!

Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:27 pm

A New Live Experience is terrific!!

Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:51 pm

One audience recording which I enjoy soundwise is St. Paul, April 30 1977.
In my opinion outstanding.

A good concert too b.t.w.

Frank R.

Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:02 pm

Rob wrote:Live At The Omni (Atlanta 1975) and A New Live Experience (Long Beach 1972) are two that are great sounding audience recordings.

However, there are so many other very good ones as well.

Exactly Rob! It´s almost a soundboard! :shock: I do enjoy these concerts. We can also mention bootlegs like BLACK DIAMONDS, SUMMER FESTIVAL Vol1 e Vol2, THE CISCO KID STRIKES AGAIN and GO CAT GO!

There are many others.

Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:46 pm

Not only do audience recording let you hear the concert they way the audience heard it, but they are more diverse than most the sound boards. I'm hoping that FTD will start playing more with them. Improving the sound and such.

I've said this before, but the way I look at audience recordings is the good ones are like sitting up front and the bad ones are like sitting in the nose bleed section. You may be in the cheap seats, but at least your there.

Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:51 pm

Absolutely.

When I listen to a soundboard or multi track my view in my mind of the show is one of a movie camera. I picture Elvis singing as if I was on stage or zoomed in onstage, I get that perspective.

But with an AR I find the chinking of glasses from Vegas shows or the chit-chat from tours that I'm sitting in the audience next to those people.

Logical but at the sme time strange :wink:

Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:05 pm

Tonight, 8:30 PM. (Largo'77)
Pretty good show, short however, but great sound!

Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:30 pm

Frank R. wrote:One audience recording which I enjoy soundwise is St. Paul, April 30 1977.
In my opinion outstanding.

A good concert too b.t.w.

Frank R.

You mean ''Rip It Up''? If so, ive read different reviews from that cd. Its stated as close to soundboard or poor.

Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:20 pm

Nashville 74.

The last gig

A few more as well.(can"t mind on the titles,run out of sweeties...sod it)

elvis Audience

Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:59 pm

Cmon you guys, audience recordings are okay when they do contain RARE songs in decent soundquality as found on Request Box Shows or its follow-up By Special Request. It was all very much fun having these audience recordings, first on vinyl [Dinner Date with and Portland 70] and later on as cds, but there was sooo muuuch crap, reading the above featured threads one comes to think its a collectors heaven for 70s fans! I bought them all [surprised, amigos?] Hillbilly Cat Live double lp, Live Experience, Sold Out, featuring a brilliant Elvis with cape Cartoon, by me, on the cover! Ahhh, those were fun years, the 80s. But thats where they belong. Dont make it sound audience recordings are a must have when you can choose from,say roughly, 75 to a hundred different soundboards covering the same years and the same songs [ with only a few exeptions, when you leave out all the one and two liners.] No sound of slurping long drinks, breaking glass, handbags being moved around like crazy- grrrttt- grrrraattss- these horror like lady voices :"ooohhmygodoohhmygoooddd",while their middleaged husbands kof, blow their noses FFFFFWWWWEEEP, or start a conversation right thru Elvis his performance! No, thank you very much. Some where fun, some 20 years ago.... FFFFFWWWEEEP!

Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:21 pm

I agree, Ger. The 80's were the fun days. Miss them. I think some audience recordings are essential. They include sometimes songs that arent featured on soundboards. And some of them are worth to buy.

elvis Audience

Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:29 pm

3577 explain why you post a friendly thread here and a nasty one on the Top 70 Topic? Or did I misunderstood your words? If so Im sorry.

Top Seventy EP Songs on Dutch Radio Results Anyone?

Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:38 pm

3577, please read my reply to you on Audience recording Topic

Re: elvis Audience

Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:42 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote: No, thank you very much. Some where fun, some 20 years ago.... FFFFFWWWEEEP!

I think they still got their charme...and many many have been improved soundwise..and the better the sound the better the show..at least we get the impression..

Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:44 pm

Tallhair is right in that we should have a love-hate feeling with these
AR's.

In Rockin' Rebel's absence, I dug up the following post in an old thread:
This is not a ‘definitive’ list by any means, but I have just had a quick look at the import list on this site, and selected a number of titles that should please any fan of a good audience recording:

Adios, The Final Performance (A.J. 92-2002)
America's Own (Geneva 3765)
America's Own, Volume 2 (Claudia CD 070972)
Auld Lang Syne (Live Archives 1076 A/B)
Back In Portland (Live Archives 1012)
Conquering The Falls (J.R. 6/94)
A Dinner Date With Elvis [upgraded reissue] (Live Archives 1011)
Double Dynamite (Rock Legends 1009)
From Macon To Vegas (Rock Legends 1008) – disc two is a soundboard
Greetings From Saginaw (Stage Entertainment EP 5005)
I Don't Wanna Sing These Songs (EPL 001 CD)
Jailhouse Rock Man In Concert (Great Dane Records GDR CD 9317)
One Helluva Night (J.R. Records 9/93)
One Night In Portland (Live Archives 1010)
Phoenix Over Tennessee (J.R. Records 10/93)
The Request Box Shows (Bilko 1594)
Rockin' With Elvis April Fool's Day (92-EF-14-04)
71 Summer Festival (Chips CH 1504)
71 Summer Festival, Vol. 2 (TCB EP 1971)
Unchained Elvis (Krypton CD-M 1)

For more from this similiar thread, see

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/v ... highlight=

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:58 pm

You are absolutely right...these AR`s are really great..but do you know how many treasures and gems we still have..??
Just have a look at the Huntsville shows May 30./31. June 1. 1975..
All AR (CD-R) in wonderful sound and the shows are all GREAT !!
Just wanted to say...there still is many left which is worthwhile listening..!
If you are interested..have a look at my cd section...the link is in my sig..