If 70s albums go FTD?which 3?

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

rockinrebel
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by rockinrebel »

see-see-rider wrote:
Kristian Hjelmaas wrote:If FTD decides to release upgrades of deleted 70s albums, I would've picked:

Elvis Now
Elvis Fool
Love Letters From Elvis
Raised On Rock

Reason: These 4 albums need it most!

I would have included all the songs that SHOULD have been on them (the singles at the time), removed "Hey Jude" from Elvis Now (what were they thinking, including this one?) and added several alternate takes on each title.

Br
Kristian
Kristian - These are really the coolest albums from the 1970ies! I totally agree! They also have the coolest cover pictures ...

I would add "Burning Love And Hits From His Movies" and "Separate Ways" to the list above. They'd really need an re-issue either ...
I agree that the four titles listed above are the ones most likely to receive the upgrade treatment from FTD, simply because they feature masters that are unavailable elsewhere, but they are certainly not Elvis’ “coolest” albums of the ‘70’s. Actually they are amongst the weaker titles Elvis released during that decade, which is why many of the tracks from these albums were not included on the ‘70’s box, and the original titles were subsequently deleted from BMG’s mainstream catalogue.

It would also be totally pointless to re-issue “Burning Love and Hits From His Movies” or “Separate Ways”. The idea of the FTD re-issues is to make deleted masters available to the fans, and as the movie soundtracks are already being covered, it makes no sense to re-issue these titles (which were originally budget compilations) as well.

dennisdee
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by dennisdee »

Then i would like to see;

Elvis Now
Elvis love Letters
Elvis Today :D

see-see-rider

Post by see-see-rider »

rockinrebel wrote:I agree that the four titles listed above are the ones most likely to receive the upgrade treatment from FTD, simply because they feature masters that are unavailable elsewhere, but they are certainly not Elvis’ “coolest” albums of the ‘70’s. Actually they are amongst the weaker titles Elvis released during that decade, which is why many of the tracks from these albums were not included on the ‘70’s box, and the original titles were subsequently deleted from BMG’s mainstream catalogue.

It would also be totally pointless to re-issue “Burning Love and Hits From His Movies” or “Separate Ways”. The idea of the FTD re-issues is to make deleted masters available to the fans, and as the movie soundtracks are already being covered, it makes no sense to re-issue these titles (which were originally budget compilations) as well.
I was joking. Well, at least I was trying to do so. Looks like it didn't come accross. :( Had my funny day yesterday and have been m!ssunderstood several times now. I better don't try it again ... ;)

genesim

Post by genesim »

I think Raised On Rock would be the first one that I would want. This album is always looked over. I wouldn't mind having complete sessions.

All I have in this world is my balls, and my word, and I don't break 'em for noone-Tony Montana

sam

Post by sam »

Yes....
"Raised on Rock", "Good Times" and "Elvis Presley Boulevard"
would do me for the first three re-issues.

:D

R.I.P 01-24-08

In memory of everyones favorite Elvis friend: Sam

From the Members of the FECC FORUM
& The FECC Team

rockinrebel

Post by rockinrebel »

sam wrote:Yes....
"Raised on Rock", "Good Times" and "Elvis Presley Boulevard"
would do me for the first three re-issues.
Isn’t the whole point of these FTD re-issues to make deleted masters available to the fans that want them?

The whole of the “Boulevard” album is still available on the upgraded version of “Moody Blue”, so why do we need it released again?

sam

Post by sam »

I thought it was the deleted albums, and they would get the FTD treatment with alternates etc. I kinda liked the Boulevarde cover as well. :wink:
OK give Boulavarde a miss and add
"Recorded live on stage in memphis" as a third choice. The full concert.

:)

R.I.P 01-24-08

In memory of everyones favorite Elvis friend: Sam

From the Members of the FECC FORUM
& The FECC Team

rockinrebel

Post by rockinrebel »

Sam,

You are right in saying that the album itself is deleted, but the masters that it included are not. I thought the main purpose of this series was to issue deleted masters, rather than every deleted title, but time will tell.

The ‘70’s recordings are somewhat different from the soundtrack releases as a number of songs from the less popular titles are still available on the recent upgraded CD’s and the ‘70’s box. For example it has already been pointed out that there seems little point in releasing the “Love Letters” album just to get a re-mastered version of “This Is our Dance”.

Of course to release the missing songs from the ‘70’s box would be the easiest option, although they don’t sit together too well as a collection in their own right. I really like the idea of releasing the complete masters from each individual session in chronological order, but this would obviously result in further track duplication, so it remains to be seen which direction Ernst will take