Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Just wondering.

Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:10 am

How many on this board do not have an original CD of Fort Baxter's A Hot Winter Night In Dallas?

Please respond to satisfy my curiosity.

Why do I want to know? What do I have up my sleeve?

Time will tell.

Recorded live at The Memorial Auditorium.
December 28, 1976 Dallas, TX.

Tracklisting
2001 Theme / See See Rider / I Got A Woman - Amen / Love Me / Fairytale / You Gave Me A Mountain / Jailhouse Rock (1 fs) / O Sole Mio - It's Now Or Never / Trying To Get To You / Blue Suede Shoes / My Way / Polk Salad Annie / Introductions & Solos: Early Morning Rain - What'd I Say - Johnny B. Goode - Love Letters - Hail Hail Rock n Roll / Hound Dog / Hurt / Unchained Melody / Can't Help Falling In Love / Closing Vamp

I don't

Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:13 am

Please forgive me, sir, but I do not have the original. I have been making due with a CD-R copy.

Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:17 am

I don't Rob.

Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:02 am

Since most here are pop culture afficionados, have you Rob or anyone else here seen the Dick Van Dyke show episode "My Husband Is A Check-Grabber". lol U so remind me of this! ahhh Rob, you're cool! just seeing if anyone will get my drift! :wink:

Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:04 am

I've seen it. They argued all the way home.

Can't help it, just my nature.

Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:31 am

Except for Finding The Way Home and Here I Go Again I have sold all my bootleg CDs. So, I don't have an original of "Winter Night" either ...

Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:59 am

see-see-rider wrote:Except for Finding The Way Home and Here I Go Again I have sold all my bootleg CDs. So, I don't have an original of "Winter Night" either ...

Why??

Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:01 pm

I don´t.

Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:01 pm

3577 wrote:Why??

Because Hot Winter was a boot so if he's sold all his boots that would be why he doesn't have it.

No ? did i miss something ? :oops:

I've never owned it either, I have it to listen to as a cd-r but not as an original release.
Last edited by Steve_M on Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:02 pm

Wouldn´t mind having one :lol:

Lennart

Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:14 pm

I used to but sold off most of my bootleg collection expect for the DAE releases in the original Tri-fold packaging - they are too good lookin' to get rid of! I also kept 'American Crown Jewels' and 'Finding The Way Home' and the Luxor/DAE March 74 release.
Last edited by Matthew on Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hot winter night

Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:26 pm

i must confess that i don't own an original copy too :( :( :( , rickster

Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:48 pm

I do not own one and have never heard it. This is because I still cant find out where to buy them in their original format.

Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:14 pm

I don't own a copy either, mind you, I don't have many boots aswell. I don't really go in for collecting the soundboards etc.. unless it's a particularly special one..

K.

Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:18 pm

I don´t have this one too!

Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:59 pm

I don't have any Elvis bootlegs. The way I figure it, until I have all the FTDs I fancy, then it'd be out of line for me to buy the illegitimate stuff. Not because Elvis's estate need the money, but because I want to support Ernst's FTD project.

Jules

just wondering

Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:43 pm

The Baxter Boys took notice and it will see a future re-release in their "classics"series. Any other titles you guys need/want but never bought when they were on sale by the truckload? I wonder though who did buy them, if none of you did!? Weird....

Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:45 pm

familyjules wrote:I don't have any Elvis bootlegs. The way I figure it, until I have all the FTDs I fancy, then it'd be out of line for me to buy the illegitimate stuff. Not because Elvis's estate need the money, but because I want to support Ernst's FTD project.

Jules

On one hand i agree with you. And especially when it comes to studio material.

On the other hand; up 'till now, Ernst somehow seems to have avoided some of the shows already released on bootleg.

Meaning, he's probably taken into consideration which shows to release on FTD, based on which concerts have been bootlegged over the years.

When the water runs out and the well begins to dry out in the BMG vaults, I'm sure FTD also will give us some of the now famous boot classics, but until then...

You might have to stick to the boots! :lol:

Br
Kristian

Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:47 pm

I have it, of course, great show !!!

Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:59 pm

Back to the original question in this post:

No, actually I don't have A Hot Winter Night In Dallas either!

Believe it or not, but when this cd first was released, I thought the cover was so plain UGLY that I didn't buy it just because of that! :lol:

Afterwards (when it was impossible to get) I could have shot myself, of course...

But I'm hoping that this will be re-released in the Fort Baxter classics series, this time with great artwork as well! :wink: :lol:

Br
Kristian

Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:39 pm

i have a cdr copy only

Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:15 pm

Kristian Hjelmaas wrote:But I'm hoping that this will be re-released in the Fort Baxter classics series, this time with great artwork as well! :wink: :lol:

Yes please!!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:48 pm

Hi Rob:

No, I don't own a copy of that CD.

Rich

Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:02 pm

Hey, Rob, nope, no copy of that boot.

Other than 3 FTD's, I strictly have official releases ... hard for me to locate files to burn on Bearshare, so I make due with snippets uploaded by others.

Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:06 pm

I don't and I can't find a torrent for it either :cry: :cry: