Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Heartbreak Hotel - 3rd Ed Sullivan Show

Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:24 pm

I was standing at Graceland Crossing and on the big screen was Elvis singing "Heartbreak Hotel" from the 3rd Ed Sullivan Show. Is this video generally available, and where? I didn't see what Elvis sang before "Heartbreak Hotel," but he followed "Heartbreak Hotel" with "Don't Be Cruel," which we're familiar with. Also, I saw some new footage (to me) announcing who would be on the show the next week - Imogene Coca, etc.

Mystery Train

heartbreak hotel

Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:38 pm

Hound dog- heartbreak h- Dont Be Cruel is the complete medley and still not officialy available . Boot copies do exist, cant remember if the complete medley is there , or just bits and pieces ? Its been ages since Ive seen it. Happy hunting!

Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:22 pm

Hello, The actual medley is , "hound dog", "love me tender", "Heartbreak hotel.".

Don't be cruel is NOT part of this medley but rather follows the medley with a complete version.

To this day, "hound dog" is the only 50's TV performance not available on bootleg or otherwise.

Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:25 pm

ekenee, hold the front page a sec. Keith, what was that which was on that VHS I couldn't get to DVD but you managed to ?

Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:41 pm

Hound Dog is still NOT avail anywhere.
The other 2 tracks, Heartbreak Hotel + LMT exist, as bits and pices.

heartbreak hotel

Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:42 pm

And theres already so little left of my reputation! Bugger!

Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:20 pm

Quote:

The other 2 tracks, Heartbreak Hotel + LMT exist, as bits and pices.

LMT & HH are in my video collection as complete! Only "hound dog" is missing. All other 50's performances are complete.

Of course if we are talking interviews I sure would like to get the complete wink martindale interviews.

Steve if Kieth has this, he is the only one I have ever heard to have this in 35 years. I bet your're thinking of Heartbreak, or LMT. But if he does have it, my original post if correct, in that it has never been booted.

Kieth please confirm!?!?

Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:41 pm

Yeah, maybe.

It was one of those tapes that just didn't want to play ball. I couldn't get it to go to DVD and to be honest I paid little attention to the content as i was trying to get my machinary working.

Keith then had problems with it but then something clicked and he got it going. He sent me a copy on DVD, but I've just been playing it and I think something has gone wrong with the titles. :cry: so I can't confirm or deny at the mo, it is gonna have to be down to Keith.

Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:47 am

Love Me Tender - January 6 1957
Heartbreak Hotel - January 6 1957

Sorry guys, I don't have 'Hound Dog' from this show

Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:50 am

Thanks for confirming Keith, sorry guys I didn't mean to get your hopes up.

Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:17 am

Keith F wrote:Love Me Tender - January 6 1957
Heartbreak Hotel - January 6 1957

Sorry guys, I don't have 'Hound Dog' from this show

Do you have HOUND DOG from the first Sullivan show...? :wink:

Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:43 am

Just out of curiosity...

Everyone is talking about Hound Dog, Love Me Tender, and Heartbreak Hotel...

I'm assuming that Peace In The Valley, Too Much, and When My Blue Moon Turnes To Gold Again are all available?

bpd

Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:45 am

bpd wrote:Just out of curiosity...

Everyone is talking about Hound Dog, Love Me Tender, and Heartbreak Hotel...

I'm assuming that Peace In The Valley, Too Much, and When My Blue Moon Turnes To Gold Again are all available?

bpd

Yes, last time I checked, the 3 performances you mentioned were/are available on the DVD
From The Waist Up.