Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis' Official Online Store - Absolute impertinence

Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:04 pm

Folks, when I ordered the hardcover edition of Ernst Jorgensen's great book A Life In Music - The Complete Recording Sessions at the Official Elvis Online Store (http://www.shopelvis.com/shop.php) I was happy to have found this rare edition. The price of 34.99 $ seemed reasonable to me since I couldn't find the hardcover edition anywhere else. The offer disappeared from the website immediately after I had placed my order so I thought they didn't have another copy of it in stock and I was happy enough to get the last hardcover edition available!

What a disappointment when the book finally arrived today (badly packaged by the way for an international and oversea shipment) and it contained the softcover version that I already have. But folks, the best is yet to come: There's a price tag on the backside saying 18.99 $ with a new price tag stuck on this saying 34.99 $! LOL! The price at Amazon Germany is 18.50 EUR and 13.57(!) $ at Amazon.com. Almost one third of what the Elvis Online Store charges. I can't believe it. Advertised for the hardcover edition, couldn't deliver, didn't tell me a thing about it and made the replacement as expensive as the original article would have been. How impertinent is this, please??

Man, I was expecting a bunch of cynics working at EPE and anything Elvis related but this here is really heavy IMO. I'm so upset ...
Last edited by see-see-rider on Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:07 pm

At the very worst, what should have happened was that you got an email / letter, explaining that the hardback offer was out of stock, and offering you the softcover at $18.99. Then you could have made a choice.

This is appalling customer service anyway you look at it. You're right to be upset, and I'm sure you'll be getting your refund!

Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:51 pm

Put a chargeback on your credit card and sell the unwanted book on ebay :lol:

Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:42 pm

Do you have any evidence, printed out the page, saved the page off line etc, that the version as advertised was the hardback version ?

Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:08 pm

There's no such thing as bad publicity!

Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:32 pm

I hate to harp on about this shower of sh*t, but had your order consisted of a duck and a side order of stick-on sideburns you would have received your order all present and correct in double-quick time! :wink:

Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:40 pm

You got that right, Delboy!

Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:09 pm

EPE = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ nuff said me thinks.

Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:32 pm

quote: Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:32 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate to harp on about this shower of sh*t, but had your order consisted of a duck and a side order of stick-on sideburns you would have received your order all present and correct in double-quick time!

Sorry but I hate rain on your parade, but I ordered that rare limited editon duck and they sent me a goose. What am I gonna do with a goose?

And, some joker at the shipping dock put Cliff Richard stick-on side burns in the package!!!
They ain't bad though cause Cliff tried so hard to be Elvis but you can tell the difference. I am peeved!!!!!!! :x :x

Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:15 am

I hate to harp on about this shower of sh*t, but had your order consisted of a duck and a side order of stick-on sideburns you would have received your order all present and correct in double-quick time!

Delboy, don't you mean double - QUACK time ? !

ekenee, :lol: :D LOL, LOL, man oh man that's soooooooooo funny :P :shock: :D :lol:

Being serious though, not good customer service from EPE on that one, send it back is what I say and make THEM pay the bill.

Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:17 am

Hey See See,

Did you know EIN (http://www.elvisinfonet.com) has run with your story.

Chad

Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:29 am

Maybe it will get someone's attention to get things straightened out there. I heard that See See's comments will also be on the Fox News Channel's The O'Reilly Factor tomorrow night.

Also will be discussed on Oprah sometime next week.

Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:45 pm

I will definately say that shopelvis.com doesn't know how to package things for shipments. Everytime I order a 7" FTD it arrives with corner damaged...

BOXES DAMN IT!! USE BOXES!!!

bpd

Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:27 am

I ordered a couple of FTD cd's from them and they arrived today. It took about a week to get here which I think is reasonable. However, I must agree with some others that the packing was bad. The envolope in which the cd's came was ripped so bad that the cd's could have easily fallen off. Fortunately they didn't. I order cd's from all over the world and this is the worse packing I've seen. By some miracle the records were fine.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:31 am

The first reply I got from eFashion "Solutions" concerning my complaint:

Sincerely,

Tawana Williams

eFashion Solutions
80 Enterprise Avenue South
Secaucus, NJ 07094

http://www.eFashionSolutions.com
Monday - Friday 9am - 10pm EST
Saturdays 10am - 5pm EST
1-800-755-2119
1-201-601-4299

---------Customer Service Code--------------------------------------------
Please do not modify or delete any information that lies below this line or in your subject heading.
This information may be used for any references needed to answer your inquiry properly.
---xxxx xxx xxxxxx xxx xxxxxx xxxxx x xxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxx xxx
---------Customer Service Code--------------------------------------------

Great, isn't it? A signature after all ...Image

Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:18 am

I wanted to take advantage of the free shipping special they have going on, so I went to the site.

No Today CD
No Tickle Me CD
No All Shook Up CD

I emailed asking if they would be coming in soon. My "24 hour response" came 5 days later and said basically, "We have what we have."

But the shipping is free!! (which is nice because they jacked that up too--but since they don't have any new FTDs I guess it doesn't really matter after all.)

Terry

Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:33 pm

That bites. So much for that idea.

What an insult, especially to American fans, in the country that
gave birth to the guy....

:evil: