Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

4 'new' SUN outtakes of Blue Moon found??

Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:29 pm

According to Elvisnews there are 4 new takes of Blue moon that have been found.
Apparently, never been heard before.

We have a few outtakes of these already.Could this story be for real??

Sean

Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:41 pm

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17501

Re: 4 'new' SUN outtakes of Blue Moon found??

Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:36 am

Sean Ryan wrote:According to Elvisnews there are 4 new takes of Blue moon that have been found.
Apparently, never been heard before.

Sean

Someone must have heard them!!! :wink:

:twisted:

Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:22 am

Buy 4,and get a packet o""sweeties" free.

Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:52 am

Please see my response to the thread that Piers started about the coming FTDs and this rumor of Blue Moon outtakes.

I'd copy and paste here, but believe it or not, this connection I'm on in Memphis is so bad, I can't do even simple commands like that.

However, I can say with complete certainty that this rumor of new Blue Moon outtakes is based on a misinterpretation of what we were shown.

What we saw -- in a nutshell -- was old footage from the early '90s showing Ernst discovering four takes of Blue Moon. Those outtakes have since been released on the '50s box, Sunrise and Platinum.

Again, more detail available on the other thread.

Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:39 pm

Another perfect example on why we should all not jump out of our seats everytime we hear a new statement or rumour regarding upcoming releases or findings.

Misunderstandings like this will happen from time to time.

No one should be blamed - it just happens.

Br
Kristian

Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:15 pm

elvissessions.com wrote:Please see my response to the thread that Piers started about the coming FTDs and this rumor of Blue Moon outtakes.

I'd copy and paste here, but believe it or not, this connection I'm on in Memphis is so bad, I can't do even simple commands like that.

However, I can say with complete certainty that this rumor of new Blue Moon outtakes is based on a misinterpretation of what we were shown.

What we saw -- in a nutshell -- was old footage from the early '90s showing Ernst discovering four takes of Blue Moon. Those outtakes have since been released on the '50s box, Sunrise and Platinum.

Again, more detail available on the other thread.

Someone told me Elvis signed on RCA-Victor. Any truth in this? Is he really leaving Sun Records? :wink:

Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:15 pm

I attended the "Insider's Conference" on Saturday. I agree with those who say no new outtakes of "Blue Moon" have been found. Absolutely none were played at the "Insider's Conference." There was footage of the old "Blue Moon" tape box, but I'm certain it was the one we've known about for a long time.

Mystery Train

P.S. Roger played complete versions of "Mean Woman Blues" and "Loving You (slow version) and the sound was fabulous! If these came from acetates, I'd be amazed - the sound was so good. It was hard to tell in the big room, but my ears tell me both were binaural stereo. I can't wait for the release of "Loving You."

He also played songs from "Something For Everybody" and "Summer Festival.

Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:57 pm

To clarify my remark in the other thread about new material from acetates on the planned Loving You FTD: I don't know whether what we heard at the conference came from acetates or not.

I spoke to Roger after the conference and he told me some new material on the discs did come from acetates, but I don't know if it all will be acetates or whether some of it is tape.

I agree what we heard at the conference was beautifully crystal clear.

Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:01 pm

The rumors...

The waiting...

The confusion........

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:29 am

Am I confused? I thought Piers was with EIN not Elvis News. EIN posted a correction on its site the other day.

Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:47 am

Yes he did, he also posted an update and an apology on here in the original thread that was started (see my post above for the link) on this topic.

Piers is with EIN, it was just that many other sites, including ElvisNews, also reported it with EIN as the source.

I don't, neither does anyone else I hope, expect Piers to go to every additional thread put up after the original to merely repeat the info all over again.